• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone send my idea to combofiend.

Ok, but I'ma take credit for it
LuEuQ.png

I wonder why Fuudo doesn't play DOA5 (what with all the VF characters)? Maybe he's just allergic to waifus.

when doa5 was new, the first major to feature it was canada cup. Gamerbee, Fuudo and Tokido all signed up.

With those three it was a four man tournament total.

That and plot reasons xD

After xrd everyone could come back so they did the vote
Eh. Most of the Xrd cast doesn't need to be there. IIRC, the following characters have little to no involvement in the plot, and are interchangeable:
Axl
Potemkin
Slayer
Zato
Millia
May
Chipp
Venom

Smash 4 isn't bad. But I'll still call it trash 4 cause I think it sounds funny
I think it's a lot better now, but it could still use two major changes before it's a great game.

I suspect Blackule will like it more now.

he said mid tier

I figure he means you are better than mid tier. At least, I think you are.

Ah, okay then. You've got the right understanding of how ASW does zoners.
I used to really dislike their approach, but it grew on me as I grew to prefer zoning over keep away.

I learned something new, and would now love Justice in the game.

Wtf @ Cliff's intro?

Dahbomb

I should probably clear myself before people start coming out of the woodwork thinking I am putting them on blast.

When I mean mid tier player I am talking about mostly the online only SF4 player who has high points but usually gets beats if they go to a local. They thrive on beating the people who don't know much about the game or have put in less time than them. These are the online Ibukis who are godlike when they get the knockdown but not so much when they don't. They know set ups, they know OSes and they have execution even very specific character match up knowledge... in fact it's the stuff they spend the most time refining because that's what gets them a lot of their wins online. However a lot of this minute stuff won't carry over from game to game and all the muscle memory and habits they built up playing SF4 may not carry over to SFV.

They will have to spend a lot of time unlearning their habits. That means unlearning crouch tech, pressing crouch lights, wake up DPs, FA back dash on pressure, knockdown timings, plinks etc. While they unlearn that they have to learn whatever the dominant strategy in SFV is going to be so they will be at a slight disadvantage starting out.

The low tier SF4 player never bothered learning this stuff so they have less muscle memory and habits to get rid of. The better than mid players know all the stuff the mid players know but they are better at that level because you can't coast by on SF4 specifics at that level... everyone at that level knows that stuff. So at that level you need something extra like mastery of spacing and adaptability to win which are more universally applicable attributes to have in a fighting game.

That is why top players who have always been good at fighting games will be good at SFV as well. If you go to tournaments and you do decent at tournaments then you will do well in SFV as well. However, if you do well just in online SF4 but not so well offline... well then you will have some growing pains in SFV ( especially if the netcode is up to snuff).

Just my opinion, no one needs to feel that I am putting anyone on blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom