• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinMaruku

so when you moan and cry about the fgc not actually being a community you aren't referring to them "excluding" games? that would mean you are whining just to whine.
Where did you ever get me saying anything about games being excluded? I am taking the scene as it is. What example can you give me that there is this community between games?

All I'm arguing is that term is midleading. The site should just call them Street Fighter Events because when they think of fighting games, 90% of the time it's street fighter.

I have no idea why saying that would elicit such hostility. The playerbases already kind of self segregate, you have this fuck anime whole meme , then you have the Tekken folks,SC folks things like that.

And yes in quite a few areas if you are not a primarly sf player some events can be a chore. If you live in a hotspot there should be very little issue but for some games it's a bit rough. They should however build their own scene and build it. North East is doing things like that with DOA so it's doing it's part time will tell if all these games come together.

notworksafe

lol people pretending like you need to be in some major city or hotbed of activity to get games other than sf. meanwhile in dirtbag tiny new mexico, a state with more cacti than people, we host tournaments with 6-10 games on the reg, weeklies with unique games from all eras, and manage to cultivate a thriving scene.

tbh if the scene you want isn't where you are, you need to create it.

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
lol people pretending like you need to be in some major city or hotbed of activity to get games other than sf. meanwhile in dirtbag tiny new mexico, a state with more cacti than people, we host tournaments with 6-10 games on the reg, weeklies with unique games from all eras, and manage to cultivate a thriving scene.

There is a scene for DOA in NY there about good 12 to 16 players 3 of them known 1 of them world level. but he has a point tho SF is just big in major not cause of the game good. It is good I repsect that game, but I feel like everyone its only gets mad result cause of how well known the game is. Kind of like UMVC3.

Shouta

it was a problem at evo, and not just for anime players. Smash players as well

Honestly, Evo is almost always a pretty bad look for everything because of its size and problems resulting from it unless you're talking about stuff that aren't issues related to the event itself

Skilletor

The kof scene here in CO has shown me the truth of this.

Shouta

The floor plan 2 years ago at the LVH blew my mind. How do you have so much space but fail to use it a manner that actually works well? -_-

notworksafe

The kof scene here in CO has shown me the truth of this.

Yo, KCO is a shining example for all other scenes out there. Those dudes have literally built some real shit out of nothing. Pedro and the rest have my respect x1000. Same goes for Mile High Burst, those are all real good dudes that have banded together in a great way.

Now if only the Capcom and Tekken folks could get their dang acts together. :p That's a bunch of old men with lives and such now though.

Honestly, Evo is almost always a pretty bad look for everything because of its size and problems resulting from it unless you're talking about stuff that aren't issues related to the event itself
the event was handled pretty well outside of xrd not getting any projector time. The people were the problem. Smash players getting insulted, people yelling about how terrible it was that persona was on the main screen (during its top 8)

turn the anime is shit that we have in this thread up a few notches and tack on smash players getting insulted and thats what day 1+2 were like for evo. It was definitely more chill day 2 though, maybe because I spent most of day 2 at the atlus booth

Line_HTX

I was at the gym and ESPN had a show on PED in competitive games (eSports) and I couldn't hear the sound. Anyone else catch this? I was too busy gettin' swole to pay any attention.

They were interviewing this kid with a scraggly beard and showed pictures of adderall pills and played clips of Halo 5 and CoD. No FG players though, but I am pretty sure a lot of players do take them.

I heard it was some Outside the Lines report. So this is tied into FPS and not MOBAs, eh?

:p

『Inaba Resident』;192326975 said:
this is amazing

image.php

Shouta

the event was handled pretty well outside of xrd not getting any projector time. The people were the problem. Smash players getting insulted, people yelling about how terrible it was that persona was on the main screen (during its top 8)

turn the anime is shit that we have in this thread up a few notches and tack on smash players getting insulted and thats what day 1+2 were like for evo. It was definitely more chill day 2 though, maybe because I spent most of day 2 at the atlus booth

Ah yeah, that stuff. Oof. That's the real shit that's hard to deal with.

The oh ho ho ho ho ho parrot is amazing and terrifying.

On Adderal/smart drug abuse in eSports, there is going to be a growing problem until the system can support WADA-style screenings. That could be a few years off yet.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
i need someone to explain the assassin to me :( i got lost during a handful of segments and i have no idea who the girl with the mask was. was she the main character?

You're misunderstanding me. No disrespect. Just saying a lot of games would have more eyeballs on them and we'd probably be a bit more healthy as a scene if they were more readily available.

They are readily available. People are still bitching about getting a PS4 for SFV. People still play on their PS3 or 360. Hell its cheap as hell on PSN right now. The game is done. No point in wasting money on it anymore.

They need to just release T7 as soon as possible.

Tik-Tok

You know how I know this isn't a Fighting Game Community?

Cause ya'll actually don't give a shit about fighting games.
I searched the past three pages and there was no mention of KIT

FACE

Banned
There is a KiT thread.

You know how I know this isn't a Fighting Game Community?

Cause ya'll actually don't give a shit about fighting games.
I searched the past three pages and there was no mention of KIT

Well, I don't reallly care about Marvel.

Does anyone play more Solo or more Tag mode in DoA? I tend to get more online matches playing tag mode when I get a chance to play. Other day got bodied by another 25 hit tag combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom