• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had something weird happen while playing marvel online. Got hit with some combo and dropped out of it. Backed up to create space but the dude was following me. Backed up some more and noticed he had the exact same movement I did, my inputs were going for both sides. It disconnected like right after I noticed it.

tumblr_nx4r5ow4Gu1uyx50so1_500.gif

Beef <3

I'm getting tired of hearing "you don't need a stick" as if I'm being pressured into getting one. I'm also tired of people saying stuff like "MD Luffy uses pad! Snake Eyez uses pad! Pad is viable!" as if we are on the same level as Luffy and Snake Eyez, who busted their asses for years. Never mind that most players do use stick. That's not to say pad isn't viable, but this argument in particular is just bad.

Beef <3

I'm getting tired of hearing "you don't need a stick" as if I'm being pressured into getting one. I'm also tired of people saying stuff like "MD Luffy uses pad! Snake Eyez uses pad! Pad is viable!" as if we are on the same level as Luffy and Snake Eyez, who busted their asses for years. Never mind that most players do use stick. That's not to say pad isn't viable, but this argument in particular is just bad.

The people telling you that are missing the point, but it seems like you know that already.

Shun

Some Gundam EXVS Maxi Boost videos.

Kshatriya
QanT Full Saber
Full Armor Unicorn
Nu Gundam

3k is still not my thing but I've been easing my way more and more into it with zunda and melee rush. Only 3k more interested in is zabanya.

I am much more at home as a support like Kshatriya for a game like EXVS. I like the neutral aspect of it more. I play rushdown everything else, I just never got it down properly in EXVS. Mostly because punishes damage so much especially when rushing in as the lead in the team.

I cannot fucking wait for SFV to come out so all of the fucking losers who do NOTHING but focus and do random shit get massacred repeatedly by ME to the point where they sell the game to Gamestop for 1.05.

"I fucking suck! All I can do are combos! I'm going to do the same thing over and over! WHOOPS! I GOT REWARDED FOR BEING A BAD PLAYER WITH AN ULTRA. Time to turn the tide! Oh, I'm such a good player!"

Man I'm starving for some tourney action.
I know SF4 is dead at this point but I miss big tourneys commented by UltraChen

Also they should make the Topanga events available for free viewing at some point. Lotsa footage I wish I could see from 2015

Line_HTX

I cannot fucking wait for SFV to come out so all of the fucking losers who do NOTHING but focus and do random shit get repeatedly by ME to the point where they sell the game to Gamestop for 1.05.

"I fucking suck! All I can do are combos! I'm going to do the same thing over and over! WHOOPS! I GOT REWARDED FOR BEING A BAD PLAYER WITH AN ULTRA. Time to turn the tide! Oh, I'm such a good player!"

Make them disconnect so hard and do Karin's laugh.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I cannot fucking wait for SFV to come out so all of the fucking losers who do NOTHING but focus and do random shit get repeatedly by ME to the point where they sell the game to Gamestop for 1.05.

Mes on blast.

petghost

Banned
i dont think imma go very hard on sf5. excited to check it out and play around with it but it hasnt entirely grabbed me while 3s and vsav have been seeming really interesting.

Hehe. This sounds like me when I was frustrated with Super SF4. Now I don't have it in me to hate SF4 like I did before.

I do echo the excitement for SFV, though. 'Need me some more Birdie.

jerry1594

Beef <3

Don't know what you're getting at with Snake Eyez and Luffy. Just use what you're comfortable with.

Mizerman

I cannot fucking wait for SFV to come out so all of the fucking losers who do NOTHING but focus and do random shit get massacred repeatedly by ME to the point where they sell the game to Gamestop for 1.05.

Meh. If they keep doing that, it's on them.

Can't wait for SFV, tho.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's pretty much why I stopped playing SFIV for serious. It's fun in bursts but the game just has so many bad habits to it.

Breh you getting hit by wake-up ultra?

Honestly the bad habits are really fun to punish.

If your getting outplayed in 4, your gonna get outplayed in 5, tbh.

People are saying there is gonna be a rude awakening for players they deem inferior. I also think is gonna be a rude awakening for some of these players when they are still getting bopped in 5.

Theres alot of good players online that dont go to events or play on stream and when they switch to 5, they will adjust.

Marz

How about you try blocking.

Sayad

It's testing moves against each others with varying start up timing, ie, if Chun MK attack start 2 frames before Ryu's HP, which one would win. That's the general idea but we'd have to know what's the rest of the info refers to.

M1 = first move/attack (blue color)
M2 = second move/attack (red color)
Those are the moves tested against each other

X1 and X2 looks like the distance between the 2 characters. Tests covers a distance from .5 to 1.15 for each pair of attacks.

The numbers between M1 and M2 in the header are how many frames the move started before the other:
+7(blue) = M1 started 7 frames before M2
0 = both started at the same time
+5(red) = M2 started 5 frames before M1

The colored boxes between M1 and M2 are the results:
1(blue) = M1 wins
2(red) = M2 wins
3(yellow) = trade(notice this only happens with moves of the same level)
0 = I assume this means whiffed or not tested

Title says Ryu vs Chun li, so M1s are probably Ryu's while M2s are Chun's attacks.

Breh you getting hit by wake-up ultra?

Honestly the bad habits are really fun to punish.

Naw. I'm punishing now. It feels so satisfying. What I'm saying is that I can't wait for these people to move to a game that has none of this and get WRECKED even harder.

How about you try blocking.

Where did I imply that I lost or got hit? It bothers me people have all these points but aren't willing to actually learn the game and hide behind gimmicks. I can beat these people and still absolutely hate them.

Tripon

I don't think I can watch Melee anymore, it's really starting to get boring...

I usually only watch top 8 now. Watching low and mid level Melee play is really boring to watch. It's like the SFIV effect in extreme mode where if you see execution errors like a missed wavedash, the play seems really scrubby.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I usually only watch top 8 now. Watching low and mid level Melee play is really boring to watch. It's like the SFIV effect in extreme mode where if you see execution errors like a missed wavedash, the play seems really scrubby.
watching low level anything is the worst
low level vf takes forever

SFV will be a fighting game utopia where everyone plays Real Honest Footsies. No gimmicks, no shenanigans. Every match is basically a Fuudo mirror match.

You might want to buy another silo to contain your salt for the SFV release.

Or stop playing SFIV. :p

I now own GGXrd, I'm ready to embrace the anime in me.
System?

I only watch outside of top 8 at Evo and when a game is fresh out and I want to see all that there is.

SFV will be a fighting game utopia where everyone plays Real Honest Footsies. No gimmicks, no shenanigans. Every match is basically a Fuudo mirror match.
Until Bison activates V-Trigger and becomes Captain Gimmick.

FACE

Banned

lel get good.

I get hit by random-ass focus more often than I'd like to admit.

Tripon

Street Fighter IV is like the kitchen sink of Street Fighter. There's so much stuff all mixed together that it created a very unique version of SF that is polarizing.

You have to bust your ass to learn to use a stick too. Honestly I am still not comfortable with it after a few years and get a ton of input errors. It's easy enough to be just kind of OK but takes way more effort to get the precision and speed you need for fighting games.

Also yeah pad is just better for somethings anyway.

If your getting outplayed in 4, your gonna get outplayed in 5, tbh.

People are saying there is gonna be a rude awakening for players they deem inferior. I also think is gonna be a rude awakening for some of these players when they are still getting bopped in 5.

Theres alot of good players online that dont go to events or play on stream and when they switch to 5, they will adjust.
im sayin
I wish they would re-release 3s again on ps4.

i've been itching to play it but.. I don't want to hook up my 360 :/

BlizzKrut

Banned
You might want to buy another silo to contain your salt for the SFV release.

Or stop playing SFIV. :p

System?

I only watch outside of top 8 at Evo and when a game is fresh out and I want to see all that there is.

Until Bison activates V-Trigger and becomes Captain Gimmick.

Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom