• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your getting outplayed in 4, your gonna get outplayed in 5, tbh.

People are saying there is gonna be a rude awakening for players they deem inferior. I also think is gonna be a rude awakening for some of these players when they are still getting bopped in 5.

Theres alot of good players online that dont go to events or play on stream and when they switch to 5, they will adjust.
I feel this as well too. People keep claiming that they are the honest players and will be able to adjust more to SFV than people who played SF4.

Also if SNK in it's state can release older games with netcode on PS4, why not Capcom? Give me 3SO please...

CO_Andy

Mizer said:
I'll probably get the powerline adapter as well.
The most notable one i've read is the LANSocket 1500. It's currently out-of-stock everywhere. They're supposed to be restocked in early Febuary so i'm holding out until then.

So for the record...if the next Marvel fighting game's art style was like this who here would be happy?
I'd prefer this

RYU_MODEL_etc.jpg

Swarna

I'm already predicting a lot of people changing their tunes about how good the game is all of a sudden once they realize they're just as shit in SF5 as they were in 4. I think the beta inflated a lot of egos because people were bopping nubs.

How much you guys spending on your SFV experience? My costs: powerline adapter ($90), game ($45), and possibly a new fightpad ($60); nearly $200. Might just ditch the pad.

Already paid for the game on PC (about €45), might buy one of those new PCBs rather than a new stick so I can enter tournaments (should be €85 or so). Other than that I've already got what I need.

I'm already predicting a lot of people changing their tunes about how good the game is all of a sudden once they realize they're just as shit in SF5 as they were in 4. I think the beta inflated a lot of egos because people were bopping nubs.

yeah because everything is always about salt all the time

That would depend on what mode they play and the quality of matchmaking capcom has in place.

vulva

How much you guys spending on your SFV experience? My costs: powerline adapter ($90), game ($45), and possibly a new fightpad ($60); nearly $200. Might just ditch the pad.

hmm I guess I'm probably gonna get the PC version (hoping to find it cheap somehow) and I already have the PS4 version ordered at 40 CAD plus two sticks to have around the apartment for when friends comes over at 165 and 205 CAD respectively

Hoping the PC version only costs me around 40 CAD as well soo...

445 CAD I think? Not bad for two brand new sticks (TE2+ and TES+) and two versions of the game

Might try switching to stick for SFV, just to see if it makes certain inputs better. So SFV could cost me anywhere from $ 90 (buying season pass) to $ 300?

Skab

hmm I guess I'm probably gonna get the PC version (hoping to find it cheap somehow) and I already have the PS4 version ordered at 40 CAD plus two sticks to have around the apartment for when friends comes over at 165 and 205 CAD respectively

Hoping the PC version only costs me around 40 CAD as well soo...

445 CAD I think? Not bad for two brand new sticks (TE2+ and TES+) and two versions of the game

You can currenly get it from GMG for 25% off with a code, if that's cheap enough for you.

Dahbomb

I don't who I was facing but thanks for the tests. Was fine on my end, if that was from EU then that's definitely solid.

I got hit by every gimmick in the game though lol. Still clueless on how to defend in the game.

I might pop in at night too.

Numb

I don't who I was facing but thanks for the tests. Was fine on my end, if that was from EU then that's definitely solid.

I got hit by every gimmick in the game though lol. Still clueless on how to defend in the game.

I might pop in at night too.
I was the kratos dude
ggs
Good connection that usual being EU

petghost

Banned
its weird having people saying 5 gonna return to some form of fairness that as far as i can see never existed. like ST is cheap as fuck just in a different ways than 4. like if urien is designed at all correctly he gonna at least have incredibly serious 50/50 game after a knockdown so i expect a lot of nonsense.

Dahbomb

I was the kratos dude
ggs
Good connection that usual being EU
GG I didn't know what to do about the flip kicks or the flip grabs. Also had guests in the house so had to keep attending to them from time to time (and thus had a few AFKs in there).

I was from NA by the way.

FACE

Banned
its weird having people saying 5 gonna return to some form of fairness that as far as i can see never existed. like ST is cheap as fuck just in a different ways than 4. like if urien is designed at all correctly he gonna at least have incredibly serious 50/50 game after a knockdown so i expect a lot of nonsense.

I dream of unblockables.

Might try switching to stick for SFV, just to see if it makes certain inputs better. So SFV could cost me anywhere from $ 90 (buying season pass) to $ 300?

Have you seen this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogefVDZGPY0 ?

Time to practice Urien again!

Numb

GG I didn't know what to do about the flip kicks or the flip grabs. Also had guests in the house so had to keep attending to them from time to time (and thus had a few AFKs in there).

I was from NA by the way.
I always lose close distance vs those fast jabs so try to stay away using long range kicks and grab if possble.
Had a guest too and couldnt use headphones.

Great connection for location

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom