• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmelons

They're probably locking down on leaks the rest of the way, I'm guessing.

30 days away and there is very little known about the game. We need a trailer with info on matchmaking options, training options, stages, alt costumes, etc. etc.

Aside from the roster and new mechanics, we know nothing.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
They're probably locking down on leaks the rest of the way, I'm guessing.

But would it really be that detrimental to them? Most of the time, and sadly, its the case that there isn't much to show to begin with. Although, Capcom has said they have learned from the best. I take it with a grain of salt and will wait for the product to be in front of me.

ShinMaruku

Real talk when you first get stick expect at minimum a month of it being wonky as all hell, then after enough time it will just click. For me it was just 1 day and I now can use stick after 2 months of bullshit. So I will never advocate one form over the other, it's pointless, the whole idea of playing fighting games s 'everybody' can learn.

As to Capcom stopping leaks, those niggas can't stop a nose bleed. :E

Line_HTX

Real talk when you first get stick expect at minimum a month of it being wonky as all hell, then after enough time it will just click. For me it was just 1 day and I now can use stick after 2 months of bullshit. So I will never advocate one form over the other, it's pointless, the whole idea of playing fighting games s 'everybody' can learn.

As to Capcom stopping leaks, those niggas can't stop a nose bleed. :E

Everybody can learn, and everybody can bring their own as long as it's within the boundaries.

LMAO Shin pls

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
the edge feature specifically says they are keeping details close to the chest after the leaks, which is why we haven't heard about the systems yet

Dahbomb

I got my new Internet installed... need someone to come on USF4 so I can check the connection first from PC then I would mean someone to check with PS4 through DOA5.

So who wants to test with me in USF4?

pixelish

hope slasher will have a dedicated staff on espn esports that focuses on fighting games
GAdxq8p.png

ShinMaruku

Shame nobody wants to test me in DOA. :E

And of course people can learn I'm poking fun. But really them niggas at Capcom can't stop a nose bleed.

Marz

Where did I imply that I lost or got hit? It bothers me people have all these points but aren't willing to actually learn the game and hide behind gimmicks. I can beat these people and still absolutely hate them.

What is learning the game exactly? Fighting games are free flowing you can play them however you want.... their is no set guideline on how you're supposed to play.

Numb

Capcom got burnt and have everything on lockdown. Just a month
We can play a few if you up Karst.
gonna be laggy

What is learning the game exactly? Fighting games are free flowing you can play them however you want.... their is no set guideline on how you're supposed to play.
Depends on what you mean by free flowing since developers put a bunch of limitations on the players in an attempt to keep things from being completely insane.

Perro

Naw. I'm punishing now. It feels so satisfying. What I'm saying is that I can't wait for these people to move to a game that has none of this and get WRECKED even harder.

Where did I imply that I lost or got hit? It bothers me people have all these points but aren't willing to actually learn the game and hide behind gimmicks. I can beat these people and still absolutely hate them.
What gimmicks are you talking about? Examples pls.

ShinMaruku

There is never a set way for all of humanity to learn, I think it's one of the greatest failures of western society is this drive to systmeatize learning for a whole group of people where one size never fits all. Just like that you can have everybody learning a game the same way.

How can you account for how much info bandwith they have in their minds as beginners?

The only thing you can truly due to accomidate most people is to have a big enough player base to establish a smooth gradient of skill. Fighting games have always failed to achieve that however.

ShinMaruku

Oh? How so?

I remember seeing tweets of him giving high praise to both Capcom Cup and Tekken Global Championship.

He's a bit of a synocphant to the big games and if something gets his goat he can lose objectivity. For example for another set of games another writer was trying to get in and he felt threatened and went off on strange tangents.

He'll give you the info but know what to take from him.

CO_Andy

How much you guys spending on your SFV experience? My costs: powerline adapter ($90), game ($45), and possibly a new fightpad ($60); nearly $200. Might just ditch the pad.

shaowebb

So for the record...if the next Marvel fighting game's art style was like this who here would be happy?

Seriously in love with this style. Needs to be used in more fighters. Hell I'd be down for even MK goin this route some day.

Village

So for the record...if the next Marvel fighting game's art style was like this who here would be happy?

Seriously in love with this style. Needs to be used in more fighters. Hell I'd be down for even MK goin this route some day.

I would rather marvel 3's style again

Mizerman

How much you guys spending on your SFV experience? My costs: powerline adapter ($90), game ($45), and possibly a new fightpad ($60); nearly $200. Might just ditch the pad.

I'll probably get the powerline adapter as well. Already preordered the game itself.

Marz

I have nothing PS4 related, so probably 500+.

Gonna have to work about 30 hours overtime the next 2 weeks to cover this i think.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i miss cell shading

gave my OG 360 TE to a friend, so a TES+ ($200) and the game on PSN ($60)

mbpm1

I am not a fan.

Something rubs me wrong about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom