• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
its weird having people saying 5 gonna return to some form of fairness that as far as i can see never existed. like ST is cheap as fuck just in a different ways than 4. like if urien is designed at all correctly he gonna at least have incredibly serious 50/50 game after a knockdown so i expect a lot of nonsense.

Yea. ST is cheap as shit in its own way.

People just like their own cheapshit or the cheapshit they grew up with. All other cheapshit is bullshit.

Line_HTX

That's my opinion of TTT2 tbh.

I know a lot of things about a lot of characters, but there is still way too many things, matchups, and specific situations I do not know about even after playing and watching all this time.

This game was literally all in one and at least it was never a dull moment to learn something new everyday.

Idk, having that ego stroked is a good feeling. If you get beat by people better than you(and you acknowledge that fact) then it shouldn't be that bad.

I know a lot of things about a lot of characters, but there is still way too many things, matchups, and specific situations I do not know about even after playing and watching all this time.

This game was literally all in one and at least it was never a dull moment to learn something new everyday.

No I get it. Honestly the game is so loaded with shit that after playing SFIV for awhile I just looked at TTT2 and was like "I'm so glad T7 is comng soon." Its kool if you live for that constant discovery but not being able to account for stuff either do to ignorance or negligence gets irritating for a while.

I dream of unblockables.

Have you seen this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogefVDZGPY0 ?

Time to practice Urien again!
That's insane that it shows how much charge you have saved up, and the juggle limit... Why doesn't SFV training mode show this :/. I know charge partitioning is an important part of charge characters in Third Strike, but for newer players and just practicing your combos it would be nice to know how much charge you have saved up, and maybe an indicator of how much charge you need to perform a special move.
ST has random damage ffs
And random stun right?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I cannot fucking wait for SFV to come out so all of the fucking losers who do NOTHING but focus and do random shit get massacred repeatedly by ME to the point where they sell the game to Gamestop for 1.05.

"I fucking suck! All I can do are combos! I'm going to do the same thing over and over! WHOOPS! I GOT REWARDED FOR BEING A BAD PLAYER WITH AN ULTRA. Time to turn the tide! Oh, I'm such a good player!"

Are you auditioning for scrubquotes?

Had something weird happen while playing marvel online. Got hit with some combo and dropped out of it. Backed up to create space but the dude was following me. Backed up some more and noticed he had the exact same movement I did, my inputs were going for both sides. It disconnected like right after I noticed it.
tumblr_nx4r5ow4Gu1uyx50so1_500.gif
Damn, I can't stop laughing at this followup post lol.
i dont think imma go very hard on sf5. excited to check it out and play around with it but it hasnt entirely grabbed me while 3s and vsav have been seeming really interesting.
If SFV doesn't grab me I can see myself sticking with 3S for a few years. It's a lot more fun now that I can actually enjoy 360 motions and charging.
When's Urien?
Hopefully as late as possible alongside Alex.
after balrog is released as the first dlc character
It'd be better for me if the SF2 characters are released first. I hope that is the case.
So for the record...if the next Marvel fighting game's art style was like this who here would be happy?

Seriously in love with this style. Needs to be used in more fighters. Hell I'd be down for even MK goin this route some day.
It looks pretty good, but an image with less brown might be better for judgement.
I'm already predicting a lot of people changing their tunes about how good the game is all of a sudden once they realize they're just as shit in SF5 as they were in 4. I think the beta inflated a lot of egos because people were bopping nubs.
It can't be a worse experience than 4. It just can't be.
Watch it grab the Reflector and throw Urien still.
I wouldn't be surprised if she can shatter the reflector with a buttsmash. Too much junk in the trunk.
its weird having people saying 5 gonna return to some form of fairness that as far as i can see never existed. like ST is cheap as fuck just in a different ways than 4. like if urien is designed at all correctly he gonna at least have incredibly serious 50/50 game after a knockdown so i expect a lot of nonsense.
All the good fighters have tons of unfairness in them. The most important thing is being intuitive and not frustrating to play. SF2 is SF2 and 3S is surprisingly easy (at least with Alex and Urien) to play.

Line_HTX

Idk, having that ego stroked is a good feeling. If you get beat by people better than you(and you acknowledge that fact) then it shouldn't be that bad.

No I get it. Honestly the game is so loaded with shit that after playing SFIV for awhile I just looked at TTT2 and was like "I'm so glad T7 is comng soon." Its kool if you live for that constant discovery but not being able to account for stuff either do to ignorance or negligence gets irritating for a while.

Oh yeah, I'm definitely with you there. I pretty much reached that point already after a long time and having a little actual taste of T7 last year, I want it now. Forgetting the little things I learned killed me, too.

=/

Oh yeah, I'm definitely with you there. I pretty much reached that point already after a long time and having a little actual taste of T7 last year, I want it now. Forgetting the little things I learned killed me, too.

=/

After playing it and watching T7 at high level and thinking back on how much I enjoyed TR despite its obvious issues I need that T7.

It also made me realize that intermediate level of Tekken is probably its hardest part. Actually learning the game from scratch isn't that hard. Its just that intermediate mountain is huge because you can't account for all of the cracks and crevices to be able to climb properly.

And random stun right?

Random damage, random stun, random input buffer for the reversal's stick inputs, the frameskip can just eat your reversal frame, throw clashes get broken randomly (this is why Akuma has demon setups in HDR). There's probably something else I'm forgetting.

EDIT: Ah, of course. Not sure about this one but I seem to remember the wakeup throw invulnerability window being random too.

mbpm1

Random damage, random stun, random input buffer for the reversal's stick inputs, the frameskip can just eat your reversal frame, throw clashes get broken randomly (this is why Akuma has demon setups in HDR). There's probably something else I'm forgetting.

EDIT: Ah, of course. Not sure about this one but I seem to remember the wakeup throw invulnerability window being random too.

SFV is missing out by not bringing this back

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Stuff that needs to be in SFV.

SF2 pause sound.
Characters throwing up and spitting blood when hit hard or dizzy.
Clans.
Customize OST for every stage, etc, ala Tekken Tag 2.

Tripon

I found out recently there is a Bloodsport 2. Must be really bad if nobody ever talks about it.
I think it was up to 4. All direct to video besides 1. I tried to watch the first Bloodsport last year and it was pretty unwatchable. Should have went straight to the fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom