• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
fj1A1gc.jpg

I bought Ultra Street Fighter IV during a time when there weren't any beginner players left, only intermediate, advanced, and high level. I took loss after loss after loss for months and month. And now I'm here.

No excuses, just playing the game.

All I can say is:

tH5utWI.gif

vulva

You can currenly get it from GMG for 25% off with a code, if that's cheap enough for you.

that sounds tempting but since canada lol, I get it down to 45 USD which is 65 CAD. Meanwhile on Steam the game costs 69.99 CAD so it's not really much of a difference.

Morris

Disco Devil
In 3S, do people plink or something for the universal overhead xx super link? Idk if it comes down to pure timing / muscle memory, but my success rate with it is pretty iffy. I'd like to know if there's anything I can do to improve that aspect of my execution.

I had the shittiest day playing 3SOE ranked yesterday, my dudley just getting murked by chuns and makotos left and right, hopeless matchups. Now I'm on a 15 game streak, no maks in sight...

petghost

Banned
In 3S, do people plink or something for the universal overhead xx super link? Idk if it comes down to pure timing / muscle memory, but my success rate with it is pretty iffy. I'd like to know if there's anything I can do to improve that aspect of my execution.

I had the shittiest day playing 3SOE ranked yesterday, my dudley just getting murked by chuns and makotos left and right, hopeless matchups. Now I'm on a 15 game streak, no maks in sight...

what they do for hard links like that is piano the 3 buttons attached to the super which with negative edge creates 6 potential inputs. that was really helpful for me to learn. it makes stuff like short short super easier too.

FACE

Banned

You piano the punches/kicks

Morris

Disco Devil
what they do for hard links like that is piano the 3 buttons attached to the super which with negative edge creates 6 potential inputs. that was really helpful for me to learn. it makes stuff like short short super easier too.

You piano the punches/kicks

I'm managing to do dudley f.hk xx sa somewhat consistently by pianoing but no luck with universal overhead. I assume positioning has something to do with it.

On a different note I just discovered how easy it is to do st.hk, ducking xx super. I can't believe I didn't try that before lol. The st/cr.mp, ducking link is way harder though.

jerry1594

I thought that one is pretty easy to do. Probably depends on the startup though. Dart shot xx super should be pianoed though.

FACE

Banned
I'm managing to do dudley f.hk xx sa somewhat consistently by pianoing but no luck with universal overhead. I assume positioning has something to do with it.

On a different note I just discovered how easy it is to do st.hk, ducking xx super. I can't believe I didn't try that before lol. The st/cr.mp, ducking link is way harder though.

UOH only links into super if it hits meaty, maybe that's the problem.

Edit: I was able to easily link it from this range:

u3dSTow.png

Bttw st/cr mp, ducking, super isn't particularly hard. I'm getting it quite consistently by doing st/cr mp, hcf k, qcf lp/mp/hp

I assume positioning has something to do with it.

The UOH has to hit very late, otherwise the combo to super is impossible. On hit you are something like 0 or -1 if you're right next to them and you hit them standing.

Also, hits on crouching opponents do more damage and grant extra advantage (this is why Ken's B+MK, super only works on crouching).

Morris

Disco Devil
UOH only links into super if it hits meaty, maybe that's the problem.

Edit: I was able to easily link it from this range:

u3dSTow.png

Bttw st/cr mp, ducking, super isn't particularly hard. I'm getting it quite consistently by doing st/cr mp, hcf k, qcf lp/mp/hp

Yeah, st. mp ducking super isn't that hard since it's a fluid hcf k qcf p motion, I'm having more trouble with cr.mp, you have to start the motion at the edge of the down back direction and I'm always holding down back at the center of it, I got to work on that. I don't think I could pull cr ducking on reaction as of right now.

The UOH has to hit very late, otherwise the combo to super is impossible. On hit you are something like 0 or -1 if you're right next to them and you hit them standing.

Also, hits on crouching opponents do more damage and grant extra advantage (this is why Ken's B+MK, super only works on crouching).

Makes complete sense. Kept trying to do it on people without thinking about making it meaty or properly positioning myself during matches. Thanks y'all.

pizzacat

Banned
Man I'm really feeling bullet in BB but I get nervous and forget my shit with her when playing against someone and just try to use her lock on thing

CO_Andy

out of all the members that frequent this thread dahbomb gets the most frequent bans

what do y'all have against Mayor Mike? i think he has done a superb job of taking care of his city

shaowebb

out of all the members that frequent this thread dahbomb gets the most frequent bans
It happens. He has a lot of conviction and its helped him get where he is today in life. It just kind of backfires on forums from time to time for him. He's a cool dude. Sadly couldn't use him when we asked for some input from him early on in early early early talks on game stuff. I just think his suggestions would've made what I'm doin with Q super duper broken.

Bet he gets usage out of that Vergil dance gif though during EVO.

EDIT: Okay...apparently not all his stuff was too broken. We still have one of his things on deck apparently. I thought Q came up with that particular part. Dahbomb, apparently your input lives on a bit.

I, for one, am glad that I can finally state that Devil May Cry is an overrated series, and Dante is as close to Poochie the Dog as they come. Vergi might as well be Shadow the Hedgehog, too.
what do y'all have against Mayor Mike? i think he has done a superb job of taking care of his city

He hasn't even been able to stamp out crime. How he gets re-elected is a pure mystery.

shaowebb

I, for one, am glad that I can finally state that Devil May Cry is an overrated series, and Dante is as close to Poochie the Dog as they come. Vergi might as well be Shadow the Hedgehog, too.

Beef I love you for this. I can't stand Dante for this exact reason. Only one I enjoyed was Nero and even he started to turn full Dante in a couple of scenes.

Still wish Nero had been in Marvel alongside of Gene and Asura. That would've been a trio I would've used hardcore. God devil bringer combos...Spencer 2.0

Confession time: I've only ever played DMC1, and I thought it was a shallow game because you could beat everything by running away and spamming guns. This is all I did against the first spider boss. I quit after I beat him. This, and the DMC4 demo, are my only experiences with the series.

Man, I'll never understand how people manage to get banned so often. Gotta keep ya head low.
Russian roulette.

He was juniored though- could be gone for good :(
Nah. Only true juniors are perms.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i had a rough year a while back got banned like 5 times and had a personal talk w/ a mod telling me to get my shit together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom