• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confession time: I've only ever played DMC1, and I thought it was a shallow game because you could beat everything by running away and spamming guns. This is all I did against the first spider boss. I quit after I beat him. This, and the DMC4 demo, are my only experiences with the series.

Russian roulette.

Nah. Only true juniors are perms.
You should pickup DMC:HD collection and play DMC3 ASAP. Then buy DMC4:SE for PS4 or PC. DMC4:SE is rough around the edges, but has the best action combat out there.

You should pickup DMC:HD collection and play DMC3 ASAP. Then buy DMC4:SE for PS4 or PC. DMC4:SE is rough around the edges, but has the best action combat out there.
It's on my eventual to-do list, but I don't have a lot of time for single player content these days. It's up there with Earthbound in stuff I should have valued more as a kid.

shaowebb

oUOysZ.gif

he said it was just a week and not a perm

Better keep posting gifs then to cheer him up. We know how much he loves animu cuddly wuddlies.

aqgV23R.gif

There we go...he should be feeling better now. ◕‿‿◕

Lol...we need a mvc pocket fighter.

I wouldn't put any DMC game in my top 10. I played DMC2 (yeah yeah I know) and a bit of 4, and I can't say that I felt I was missing anything.

No wonder, you played the worst DMC and I'm guessing didn't even get Dante in DMC 4?

You need to rectify that shit man.

Do as he said.

shaowebb

From the footage I've seen, no not really.

I honestly stopped at Dante. It was all backtracking the entire game once I got to him and I was gonna have to do it as Poochie. Stopped playing once I got stuck as Dante in DMC4.

Devil Bringer combos were fun with Nero though. Tried several hours of the first DMC once. God did it ever not hold up. Them cameras and that writing...more 90's than I could've stood even in the 90's as a youngster.

I'll stick to things like Metal Gear Revengeance, Godhand, and whatever other action Platinum makes. Though to be fair, as stylish as Bayonetta was I had much the same issues with her as Dante. She-Poochie. Just a ridiculous character. Sad too because the gameplay in Bayonetta looks amazingly world definingly good.

Numb

Better keep posting gifs then to cheer him up. We know how much he loves animu cuddly wuddlies.

aqgV23R.gif

There we go...he should be feeling better now. ◕‿‿◕

Lol...we need a mvc pocket fighter.

caramelldansen--dante--devil-may-cry--nero--.gif

He is probably too busy with doa to see this

I honestly stopped at Dante. It was all backtracking the entire game once I got to him and I was gonna have to do it as Poochie. Stopped playing once I got stuck as Dante in DMC4.

Devil Bringer combos were fun with Nero though. Tried several hours of the first DMC once. God did it ever not hold up. Them cameras and that writing...more 90's than I could've stood even in the 90's as a youngster.

I'll stick to things like Metal Gear Revengeance, Godhand, and whatever other action Platinum makes. Though to be fair, as stylish as Bayonetta was I had much the same issues with her as Dante. She-Poochie. Just a ridiculous character.
So you never played DMC3? DMC3 is arguably the full package for a DMC game. Great combat, good story, and good campaign.

DMC4 is rough around the edges and it's arguable that they shoehorned Dante in there because Capcom felt Nero couldn't stand on his own. Hence why none of the enemies are balanced around him.

And DMC1 came out in like 2001, and was originally going to be a Resident Evil game, so hence why the camera is terrible.

shaowebb

I'd be cool if this happened, but one thing I don't want happening is DMC5 made by Platinum. Itsuno needs to be the one who directs DMC5.

I'm not qualified to really weigh in on that and our resident fanatic is currently banned. Dahbomb weigh in on this whenever you return please. Either way, know that I do think that Bayo x Devil May Cry needs to happen someday. I dont care if its for me or not. I recognize that it has its audience and it is built with a lot of passion to make them all enjoy themselves. Merging the two for a single title teamup would be something I'd enjoy seeing fans of both receive.

Marz

Hey guess what DMC is ass and also not a fighting game. Make a DMC thread if you want to discuss shitty games.

This thread is for fighting games. Thanks.

Mizerman

I wouldn't put any DMC game in my top 10. I played DMC2 (yeah yeah I know) and a bit of 4, and I can't say that I felt I was missing anything.

Well yeah, if you've played the most disappointing DMC (2) and a flawed game (4), I can see why you would be turned off by it.

Hey guess what DMC is ass and also not a fighting game. Make a DMC thread if you want to discuss shitty games.

We're not talking about the reboot, though.

DMC mechanics are close to fighting games so it's not completely out of the ordinary to talk about it. Plus with how much OT talk is in this thread why are we drawing arbitrary lines?

Wait...WHAT?! Links please. Iron Man OCV sounds incredible. He's such a technical dude to play as, but to OCV with him? Gotta see this.
Reverse OCV, but it was on Sixfortydive's Twitch stream. Check the archives for the top 32 portion.

The dude actually survived non-XF Iron Man vs. XF3 Strider with orbs and won. That is a 9-1 matchup if there ever was one.

shaowebb

Iron Man has fucked up movement and with XF3 it gets faster. Sounds plausible to me

All I know is if there is another one of these he could definitely need redesigned out there. Just a lot of awkwardness on a character who is so popular. It has to suck for casuals to play him considering how tough he is to use. I'd be down to have him get shuffled around and be a little less classic and a little more "fresh character" in his moveset design. Kind of wish he played more like a mix of Nova/Mags. Ditto for Spiderman on someone who could use changes to make him more approachable to the casual fans who bought the game to use him...shoulda had the Taskmaster spidey swing input. Makes him to much execution for beginners and we know beginners just wanna use the top Avengers, Wolverine and Spidey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom