• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

It doesn't look like yesterday's stream is archived on Sixfortyfive's twitch page :/

His twitch says he archives things on his youtube account. I went there and couldn't find the OCV. Anyone got any idea where I can see this Ironman runback?

ibrahima

Banned
Ooooh. Let me check this out.

Edit: Sold out

Edit edit: dammit

Oh yeah they went in seconds, on the one hand that's good because they'll stick to capacity for the event and what-have-you. On the other hand it means the fifty people who got them will be from all over the place, I'd have liked to have gone with some people from my scene but I was the only lucky dickhead to get one.

Nice to see Cloud putting in some work at Genesis.

I really meant to put some time into the game when he released but then the Beta came that following weekend and I had to get that platinum on FFVII :/.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
2016 and commentary still needs to be worked on at FGC tourmaments. I don't know why they keep putting commentators who either just basically repeat what the other says or does the most uninteresting play by play. If you have no idea what you are talking about at least be entertaining like Aris. I think this is one of the things that really needs to be improved upon in this day and age. There are only a handful of really good FGC commentators.

ShinMaruku

I vote Kadey as commentator. Kadey and dcb.
Blackram-Supply-Chain-03.jpg

Sorry for asking this, but is there a list of fighting game streams from UK, China & Japan, &/or something similar to Twitch in that aspect?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
2016 and commentary still needs to be worked on at FGC tourmaments. I don't know why they keep putting commentators who either just basically repeat what the other says or does the most uninteresting play by play. If you have no idea what you are talking about at least be entertaining like Aris. I think this is one of the things that really needs to be improved upon in this day and age. There are only a handful of really good FGC commentators.

You're right, but the only way this happens is if there's an incentive (e.g. money) for people to put the time in and get better at it. Few people feel like dumping their time into sitting behind the commentary desk when they could be doing literally anything else at the event.

And I admittedly might not be that picky, but I feel like there's honestly an embarrassment of riches in commentary at major Marvel tournaments like this these days. This weekend was a treat as far as commentary goes when I sit back and compare it to what I have to deal with in our Smash Bros locals. :/

When I checked his youtube channel he had not uploaded top 16 yet.

Teams and the first half of pools are up. I'll start the rest of the uploads when I get to Potato Salad's place tonight. I'm actually on the road now and cutting more match videos in the car. :3

I know it sucks for the viewers, but I make it a point to nuke my stream archives as soon as I know that the local recordings turned out okay. Had too many people scooping up my videos in the past for their own purposes and this is just the easiest way to avoid it. This is a reason why a lot of streamers make their archives sub-only too. I just try to make sure I get them on Youtube quickly.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
congrats on the award 645! btw are marvel 2 vods gonna be put up? i didn't get a chance to watch that :(

Thanks. Marve 2 is going up on Youtube last, and I'm not going to bother taking them down from Twitch anyway.

You didn't miss much. Just Neo cleaning up against 4 players in a round robin.

FACE

Banned
Teams and the first half of pools are up. I'll start the rest of the uploads when I get to Potato Salad's place tonight. I'm actually on the road now and cutting more match videos in the car. :3

I know it sucks for the viewers, but I make it a point to nuke my stream archives as soon as I know that the local recordings turned out okay. Had too many people scooping up my videos in the past for their own purposes and this is just the easiest way to avoid it. This is a reason why a lot of streamers make their archives sub-only too. I just try to make sure I get them on Youtube quickly.

I've seen you post here on GAF a lot, yet when I was watching the stream yesterday it never occurred to me that it was the same person :eek:

Zissou

Lol Vulva and Beef bait

Edit: Anyone have tips for fighting Chipp in GG? Wtf man.

Chipp is so hard to deal with. At first, I assumed it was a match-up where I would need to be extremely active, but playing more patiently/reactionary has served me better.

Kalamari

The FGC needs to clone Seth Killian and Aris then catapult their growth to adulthood, so they can commentate at all tournaments.

Sayad

Considering they haven't figured out that Arcade first and console two years + later hasn't been viable in a decade I wouldn't hold my breath.
As much as I hate it, they haven't figured that out because arcade first and console two years later is apparently still viable for them.

Chipp is so hard to deal with. At first, I assumed it was a match-up where I would need to be extremely active, but playing more patiently/reactionary has served me better.
This, what Chipp does is more blockable than it appears to be.

K.Sabot

64 and Smash 4 top eights took so long i like

stopped watching 6 hours ago and forgot about melee, rip.

edit: jesus christ they aren't even at top 4 yet.

yeah that's why when SFV comes out I'm gonna try to be there for commentary. Gonna do the same for Tekken.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
The FGC needs to clone Seth Killian and Aris then catapult their growth to adulthood, so they can commentate at all tournaments.

Or they can take in pupils. I think the idea of having an inexperienced commentator (purposefully) commentate with someone like Aris or Seth should be experimented on. Have either of them explain to the student how to commentate during the matches and make it an interactive experience for all of the viewers to enjoy. I think that would make it more of a familial experience as well, giving everyone the tools to also commentate for games they really enjoy, even for some that aren't good at it but are passionate about it.

Kumubou

I think that being a good commentator takes almost as much work as being a good player. You still need to study the game, its players and the matchups. You also need to know the various narratives that are running through the tournament (both at that event and from the past), when and what to explain, and when to just let the game speak for itself. A lot of that just has to come from experience, especially since I don't think anyone within the greater FGC has any formal broadcast experience.

As for people asking for new people to get a shot on the mic instead of the people we normally see at tournaments: the place for that is at your locals. If you can do a good job there, you can then build up a reputation with the streamers you work with and have some kind of demo reel for the ones you aren't as familiar with.

It's something I would like to do more myself, but the games that I'm interested in (and have any real knowledge of) tend to be fairly obscure and only have any real stream time at one or two events per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom