• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
CZCohgWUQAAuxGp.jpg

I've been catching up on all the streams and damn Floe really chose the perfect name for her.

Line_HTX

On that Yoshi / King combo at the Training Stage, how come you can do two Tag Assaults in the same combo? Was there some sort of reset after the wall break?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Du is a UYG legit online player rising from the bottom to the top using only Guile. I remember when the kid was truly a nobody. I was at one point able to beat him and now I probably can't even touch him.
Kbrad is the most famous of the FNEX goons who once did nothing but go into lobbies and taunt lesser players.
Du is in the list of many people's top five U.S players. Kbrad is not. Safe to say who is who.

MechaX

So my friend wants me to buy Arcana Hearts 3... just so he can get bodied by Parace.

That aside, I never really followed it; is the game fun and solid?

Kumubou

So my friend wants me to buy Arcana Hearts 3... just so he can get bodied by Parace.

That aside, I never really followed it; is the game fun and solid?
Paging shadowbb to customer service in the Fighting Game Community thread, shadowbb to customer service for a waifu pick-up.

Seriously though, AH3:LM is a Good Game (no, really). It's really unique for a traditional fighter, which also means that it's pretty damn hard to actually get, even if you have a fair amount of experience in the genre. There really isn't anything like AH's movement.

petghost

Banned
Paging shadowbb to customer service in the Fighting Game Community thread, shadowbb to customer service for a waifu pick-up.

Seriously though, AH3:LM is a Good Game (no, really). It's really unique for a traditional fighter, which also means that it's pretty damn hard to actually get, even if you have a fair amount of experience in the genre. There really isn't anything like AH's movement.

i screwed around with it and have no idea how the fuck homing actually works

Why would you call it a traditional fighter?

.la1n

I would really like a PS4 SF V bundle announcement, particularly a white console. Decided I would buy a PS4 when SF V launched but I really prefer the white consoles, unfortunately they are all either Japanese or the ones we did get in NA are marked way the hell up on Amazon/Ebay.

You wouldn't like it, throws are op in that game.

Nah ill just turn the game off with Guile or freeze the game with the handcuffs. Showing my age when that version was the first legit SF I started on. SF1 was too hard to learn and the big buttons were meant to mash instead of learning maneuvers.. lol

E: at my local arcades we had this rule were if someone threw, the opponent got a free hit.

like most fighters, AH3 desperately needed a better tutorial

Kumubou

i screwed around with it and have no idea how the fuck homing actually works
It's one of those things where the base rules are relatively simple but the various interactions can create a really involved system.

-Homing always moves toward your opponent, but you have some directional influence over your exact trajectory.
-You can't do any other movement until the homing ends (and it only ends by getting point blank with your opponent or with an attack), but you can do any air normal/special/super, and you can also block.
-If you tap the homing button while already in that motion, you get a temporary burst of speed.
-Most attacks done while homing conserve momentum.

The last two points are where a lot of the movement tricks in the game come from, and also what allow people to cover so much space so quickly without needing absolutely insane reflexes to actually be a threat.

Why would you call it a traditional fighter?
To make it clear that it's still closer mechanically to games like Guilty Gear or Melty Blood than something like Smash Bros. or Senko no Ronde. It still had chains, traditional dashes (and air dashes), projectile rules are similar to other 2D fighters, the overall game flow is similar to other anime fighters (even if neutral takes place in 50x the screen space). At a first glance, that's not entirely apparent, especially with all of the flying around (I couldn't blame someone for thinking the game was Psychic Force: Waifu Edition if they saw the game blind).

like most fighters, AH3 desperately needed a better tutorial
There is a tutorial manga for the game. Just... uh... don't go look up that author's other works with other people around. (That link itself is completely safe for work... well, as safe as AH can be, anyway.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom