• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
just get hori. it looks and feels better to play than mcz imo.

Better than the TE? I like how the TES+ looks better than HORI sticks. And I love MCZ Sanwa buttons. Not sure about the square gate but what do I know? I'm fine with MCZ. It'd make things easier if anyone I knew had one and I could try it out but everyone I know has MCZ.

How does it play better than MCZ?

pixelish

Better than the TE? I like how the TES+ looks better than HORI sticks. And I love MCZ Sanwa buttons. Not sure about the square gate but what do I know? I'm fine with MCZ. It'd make things easier if anyone I knew had one and I could try it out but everyone I know has MCZ.

How does it play better than MCZ?
my impressions toward both sticks were brief as i was using my friend's hori and mcz ps4 sticks when i was at his place but i didn't like the mcz te2 stick at all. it felt so clunky and cheap compared to the hori one. controls wise, i didn't really notice any major differences between the two but some people do have preference towards sanwa buttons so pick your poison.

my impressions toward both sticks were brief as i was using my friend's hori and mcz ps4 sticks when i was at his place but i didn't like the mcz te2 stick at all. it felt so clunky and cheap compared to the hori one. controls wise, i didn't really notice any major differences between the two but some people do have preference towards sanwa buttons so pick your poison.

I don't want a TE2. Thing looks like a tank.

I'm getting this, which isn't out yet. One on the right.

TE2Plus-n-TESPlus-for-blog-post.jpg

If I were interested in a ps4 TE2 I wouldn't be waiting for SFV release day because it's already available for purchase. Lol

Shun

The TES+ looks almost exactly if not exactly like the TES/+ that was already for PS3 and 360 except now it just has a touchpad. The same case too.

While you wait before you make your decision you're bound to find someone who already has one and just try that first.

If not I don't know what happened to the Hori you supposedly got already. Hori is probably doing a refresh soon or update soon with their updated Hayabusa buttons anyway since they finished the loketest for those. Improvement from their original kuro counterparts. Hayabusa lever the same tho.

jerry1594

They new Hori buttons are apparently called Falcon buttons or something like that, and I'm reading some really positive impressions whereas most people didn't seem to like Kuro buttons. They are matte too which seems cool.
And if you don't like them the new Hori stick is probably gonna be around 150. You can just buy like 6 replacement buttons for like $18.

notworksafe

Eh it's an alt costume and not any worse than what Poison wears. SF has a long way to go before they match DOA level. They don't have a fake volleyball game or a trailer just based around titty physics yet.

ShinMaruku

I just think they don't do it because their tech ain't on Team Ninja's level. But don't think these guys are any less pervy than Team Ninja
Except Hayashi he more pervy

ShinMaruku

I find them all pretty perverted but while there is a point to be said about doa's marketing let us not forget sf2 was the first game with the boobie bounce then Snk went ham and team ninja went eggs, sausage and ham.

Beckx

Cindi got it right, the worst thing about the Laura alt is it's completely tasteless and the outfit is terribly bad style. The kind of outfit the people who sell all those PlayStation themes and avatars would come up with. At least Poison is going for a look (even if that look is "I want to look like a 2D side scrolling villain brought to life").

Which leads right back to the overall art direction on the project.

I find them all pretty perverted but while there is a point to be said about doa's marketing let us not forget sf2 was the first game with the boobie bounce then Snk went ham and team ninja went eggs, sausage and ham.

Things never change, kids in my grade school were all-in on how you could make Smurfette naked on Colecovision.

ShinMaruku

You don't often need to qualify your preferences you can say "Don't like the system or the direction seems against what I value "perfectly fine, but to come and say this is trash or other statements don't help you when your game may have something to that effect. There were always Poisons and Lauras and they also had thirsty Ibooty and Juri.

Zissou

I remember when this thread was the one place I could go on GAF to escape these discussions.

Feels bad man. Maybe make this thread 'fighting games periphery' and make a new thread that's about fighting games that somebody will moderate.
plz don't ban me

ShinMaruku

Ideally there should be no discussion or at least more nauced but hey it is sf a month from it's drop we will be well past this soon. That said I have a gig of sfv footage to show, I gave da no jumping show a shot and had some great matches and a rage quit well done I might add.

ShinMaruku

I am sure most will still buy it and this will blow over. Also I don't think much are gonna like how Laura plays anyway. As for that topic I am gonna now stay out because when people start say if X is black or not I feel something is gonna happen. Although outside of Dj sf has been one of the better games period about that stuff,

I can't watch it with sound at work, but she's nothing like I expected. An acrobatic aesthetic is surprising. I want to see more of her "float" gameplay style. When was the last time a game featured a character without a jump?
she actually has a jump, but her double jump turns into a float. But yea, I expected to see some of the floating projectile gameplay. Looks like she might be a mode switch zone rushdown based on a quick guess from the trailer

ShinMaruku

she actually has a jump, but her double jump turns into a float. But yea, I expected to see some of the floating projectile gameplay. Looks like she might be a mode switch zone rushdown based on a quick guess from the trailer
That hits all mah buttons but still leery of Blazblu after a few years away.

Izanami trailer is up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKFR90OQ-aQ

fuckign excellent animations, dat exceed excel with its audio

This is a character that I would like to play. A stance where she floats instead of double jumping?

I initially got big Ramlethal vibes from her, because she's a character who floats above ground with a giant weapon floating behind her. Thankfully, it looks like she plays much differently from Ramlethal, so I can get into her now.

CF is looking goood, and that may be because I play Tager and Celica, but I still think it looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom