• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://youtu.be/a9Ukuj6qJrY

The last of my fights with this particular dude today. It was another rough fight and watching it on YT is gonna force me to learn now if I haven't already. Stay tuned for some VSav soon. Your mind will be blown by the upcoming Sass.
I remember when this thread was the one place I could go on GAF to escape these discussions.
Have some 3S in that case. I'm excited because I can finally start showing some VSav footage which I don't have on my channel yet. Still won't stop me from showing more painful 3S curbstomps in the future, though.

yea it should be, I believe read that while floating she can do ground normals, and the video seems to agree

If while floating her ground normals turn into overheads, then I think that would be crazy.

Man, I am SO DOWN with this character. I've been indifferent to every other new reveal in CF, but Izanami is one that gets me hype.

SFV Wong (Claw) vs. Viscant (Dictator):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKYBSKxKTpI

is it bad that I assume someone is a scrub/ass if they mention someone doing repetitive normal/special attacks as spamming?
It's true for the most part. Though I think the proper definition of spam is "mindless" repetitive use of those attacks.

she actually has a jump, but her double jump turns into a float. But yea, I expected to see some of the floating projectile gameplay. Looks like she might be a mode switch zone rushdown based on a quick guess from the trailer
Ah, interesting.

I remember when I called this place the FG Hen House and everyone told me I was wrong. It seems I was just early.
Indeed.

When she gets the purple magic circle under her feet, is that her float? She's doing ground normals slightly off the ground it looks like.
That's my interpretation as well.

https://youtu.be/a9Ukuj6qJrY

The last of my fights with this particular dude today. It was another rough fight and watching it on YT is gonna force me to learn now if I haven't already. Stay tuned for some VSav soon. Your mind will be blown by the upcoming Sass.

Have some 3S in that case. I'm excited because I can finally start showing some VSav footage which I don't have on my channel yet. Still won't stop me from showing more painful 3S curbstomps in the future, though.
I don't really like 3S. I played it with direct_quote for a while, and I had fun because it's fast-paced and such, but my playstyle is pretty much garbage in that game.

like my only complaint about her is cr.LK not chaining into anything
the gimmick mix-up moves are Yoga Tower level of irrelevant to the gameplan and can be ignored
still a solid character overall without any of them

Karin is trash. That one in particular wasn't good, but as a character, Karin is very, very bad right now.
This is why we're a community thread. Do any of you even play Karin?
lol

Relax man
I don't really like 3S. I played it with direct_quote for a while, and I had fun because it's fast-paced and such, but my playstyle is pretty much garbage in that game.
I don't blame you. It's not for everyone. I'd say it's the most spectator friendly SF, but keepaway isn't really a thing and it can be damned unforgiving with stun.
You're the Alex player?
Yeah, I've got a lot more matches to show, but they're far rougher on me than this one. I'll post them in the future since I'd like to give people footage of other characters operating at their best.

hitsugi

like my only complaint about her is cr.LK not chaining into anything
the gimmick mix-up moves are Yoga Tower level of irrelevant to the gameplan and can be ignored
still a solid character overall without any of them

She's also boring as fuck. What's her crush counter follow up btw? HK -> V-Trigger -> whatever? And without v-trigger?

sweet, someone made a gif of Izanami's exceed accel
WiltedSimplisticAlpineroadguidetigerbeetle.gif

jerry1594

I don't blame you. It's not for everyone. I'd say it's the most spectator friendly SF, but keepaway isn't really a thing and it can be damned unforgiving with stun.
Keepaway is a thing. Best character in the game is really good at it. Projectile keepaway is a weak shitty thing at best so yeah.

She's also boring as fuck. What's her crush counter follow up btw? HK -> V-Trigger -> whatever? And without v-trigger?

You thinking she's boring is irrelevant to the character being good or not.

CC Follow-up depends on screen position/meter you can/want to spend, you could go into st.HP then EX shoulder into qcb+HK mid-screen. In the corner you get to hit them with the fully charged V-Skill into VT then rekkas or qcb LK then EX qcb+P for more stun, once again it depends how much meter you spend on it.
Without VT st.HP into qcb+P/instant launcher depending on range.

also learning to properly buffer that jf launcher in moves in neutral is going to take some work on the execution side of things

hitsugi

Relax man

Oh I'm good thanks. Anyone that gets genuinely heated over a forum needs help. I saw much worse than people saying "lol" just yesterday >.>

You thinking she's boring is irrelevant to the character being good or not.

That much is true. Her normals are pretty decent, but she feels middling compared to most of the cast for me. Just out of curiosity, where would you put her? Top 5? Anywhere around Nash, Chun, Vega, Gief, Cammy, Bison, or Rashid? Actually I'm iffy on Gief but he does seem to be strong (so far).

Watch J. Wong play Chun.

Best example of the above.

https://youtu.be/0deim0FKD7g?t=2m59s

jerry1594

I honestly hate both characters but what can you do lol
Really? Post vids because that'd be a first and I want to see.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxv8kv-8xl8
Also depends on the character's footsies or whatever tool/gimmick they may have. She has to play footsies with Ken and stay sharp against Makoto dash ins, but characters with slower normals are basically fucked. Oro comes to mind especially, it's a super lopsided matchup and Chun has to play keepaway because if she gets hit with medium punch once and he has like half a bar the round is over.
But Rikimaru is pretty much the turtle Chun. He's still a top 10 player but I see more chuns playing footsies then putting the other player through the throw/low bullshit when they get a meter.

JeTmAn81

I don't think I've played any new fighting games since 2014. That feels a little weird. I also just realized I don't need to get a PS4 after all, because why play SFV when I never even got that into SFIV? If I want Street Fighter, IV (and 3S and ST!) are still there waiting for me on my PS3. I'll just keep biding my time until Marvel 4 (or the apocalypse) comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom