• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

Of course this ended up on the bottom of the last page :|

Just curious, anyone here from the Dallas area? I'll be there for Wrestlemania in early April so just curious if y'all have weekend meetups or barfights or anything?

I saw a Texas Bar Fights group on Facebook but they haven't posted anything since October.

Trying to get drunk and play fighting games first weekend of April so lmk

Her normals seem on another level compared to most of the cast. I remember seeing j.cole say she was the best character after the first beta and wondering why that was...now it's become pretty obvious.

When the animation & limbs doesn't match the hit/hurtbox or startup/active, its infuriating. I wonder if Gief's normals got nubbed like Ryu's

Of course this ended up on the bottom of the last page :|

Just curious, anyone here from the Dallas area? I'll be there for Wrestlemania in early April so just curious if y'all have weekend meetups or barfights or anything?

I saw a Texas Bar Fights group on Facebook but they haven't posted anything since October.

Trying to get drunk and play fighting games first weekend of April so lmk

Oh god, you are one of those notworksafe? I thought you were are too old for that.

That much is true. Her normals are pretty decent, but she feels middling compared to most of the cast for me. Just out of curiosity, where would you put her? Top 5? Anywhere around Nash, Chun, Vega, Gief, Cammy, Bison, or Rashid? Actually I'm iffy on Gief but he does seem to be strong (so far).

I never bothered to think of a tier-list of even a top 5, it's just that the only character I can think of as having a major weakness at the moment is Bison (assuming you're playing someone who won't just let you triple dash at them, chasing the opponent when you don't have a lead is probably going to suck) and I'm still not sure that alone would make him bottom tier. Nash and Vega lack invincible reversals that aren't Super which is obviously a negative, but they have great buttons (plus the latter has that walkspeed) and it's going to be about which situation arises more often when assessing how big of a weakness they actually have. Right now it seems the neutral game matters much more than wake-up situations so I still think they don't have much of a problem.

If we're talking about Karin's strengths, it's going to take some practice to be consistently buffering Karin's jf launcher during cr.MK and qcb+LP during st.MP (the latter for counterpoking/whiff punishing standing moves, you need to know how far you can stand and still combo) but I think this is part of what will make her neutral more of a threat. I don't really see a lack of tools to function here so she could be outclassed by some characters but I don't expect her to drop to non-viable, the overall foundation just seems too solid for that.

notworksafe

Oh god, you are one of those notworksafe? I thought you were are too old for that.

man wrestlemania is some shit. it's like the super bowl but way more hillbilly. worth going to imo.

and some might say i'm exactly the right age, considering when i grew up was right in the middle of it lol

Karin showing SF still has some modicum of class (barely).
I honestly hate both characters but what can you do lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxv8kv-8xl8
Also depends on the character's footsies or whatever tool/gimmick they may have. She has to play footsies with Ken and stay sharp against Makoto dash ins, but characters with slower normals are basically fucked. Oro comes to mind especially, it's a super lopsided matchup and Chun has to play keepaway because if she gets hit with medium punch once and he has like half a bar the round is over.
But Rikimaru is pretty much the turtle Chun. He's still a top 10 player but I see more chuns playing footsies then putting the other player through the throw/low bullshit when they get a meter.
Looks more like footsies and spacing than keepaway but that was some truly mind breaking ish. What in the world was Capcom thinking? 3S will forever be a good game at best with Chunners at the top.

Speaking of Oro... I think I've got some 3S footage of him I can upload in the future! That will be fun to watch. Let me tell you I wasn't expecting unblockables.

pixelish

speaking of karin, i do honestly think that "i'll show you the divide in our class" is the best opening line i've ever heard in a fighting game.
just a single spoken line tells us everything about the character and her personality (elegant, well off and ruthless at the same time).

maybe i should play more fighting games before i make such hyperbole statements

jerry1594

Karin showing SF still has some modicum of class (barely).

Looks more like footsies and spacing than keepaway but that was some truly mind breaking ish. What in the world was Capcom thinking? 3S will forever be a good game at best with Chunners at the top.

Speaking of Oro... I think I've got some 3S footage of him I can upload in the future! That will be fun to watch. Let me tell you I wasn't expecting unblockables.
Eh that seems more like Aiku not knowing what to do. Every character has an ideal range to play at, and despite how good her buttons are, she and no one else can keep pressing buttons willy nilly. Rikimaru kept Dudley at the range he wanted him where he can't score anything but a fierce poke until he wanted to super him. Reset into successful super was a nice bonus.
Actually I think Elena might be a better example of keepaway. She plays a bit like Chun with just buttons+ kara throw but I don't think she has a low confirm so it's just pressing the right button to kick the other character away and kara throw shenanigans. The matchup against Oro is pretty similar to Chun and actually the Yun matchup is also kind of similar. She can deal with divekick pressure better than many. The Alex and Hugo matchups are torture. Nothing but poking them away and then scoring a throw into healing. But like with every matchup except for Twelve mirrors probably footsies are involved.
Oro is all about unblockables depending on the matchup. He destroys Alex due to his low jump and Alex not being very good at keeping him out.

She ain't about that
then the next dlc makes her look crazy
Maybe, but she's still good for now.
What a fucking joke, NRS please!

I should have never bought this game on PC...
Time for the PC scene to start buying better 'Merican fighting games. Everyone should buy SG when it is on sale. It's cheaper than a stop at the gas station now thanks to OPEC.
Eh that seems more like Aiku not knowing what to do. Every character has an ideal range to play at, and despite how good her buttons are, she and no one else can keep pressing buttons willy nilly. Rikimaru kept Dudley at the range he wanted him where he can't score anything but a fierce poke until he wanted to super him. Reset into successful super was a nice bonus.
Actually I think Elena might be a better example of keepaway. She plays a bit like Chun with just buttons+ kara throw but I don't think she has a low confirm so it's just pressing the right button to kick the other character away and kara throw shenanigans. The matchup against Oro is pretty similar to Chun and actually the Yun matchup is also kind of similar. She can deal with divekick pressure better than many. The Alex and Hugo matchups are torture. Nothing but poking them away and then scoring a throw into healing. But like with every matchup except for Twelve mirrors probably footsies are involved.
Oro is all about unblockables depending on the matchup. He destroys Alex with them due to his low jump and Alex not being very good at keeping him out.
Elena is a pain the ass to fight for me (including Ken and Remy). I'd rather deal with Chun than the poking machine that Elena is. Even with Oro you just have to not let him set up unblockables. Elena just pulls a Cartman and does whatever she wants. Fighting Yun is kinda fun because the match gets full of grab techs.

Numb

lol WB
Always waiting for the Komplete edition is good if you are not in a hurry with NRS. Get the dlc and improved network is good

CZLbD8rUgAAWaDb.jpg:large

jerry1594

Maybe, but she's still good for now.

Time for the PC scene to start buying better 'Merican fighting games. Everyone should buy SG when it is on sale. It's cheaper than a stop at the gas station now thanks to OPEC.

Elena is a pain the ass to fight for me (including Ken and Remy). I'd rather deal with Chun than the poking machine that Elena is. Even with Oro you just have to not let him set up unblockables. Elena just pulls a Cartman and does whatever she wants. Fighting Yun is kinda fun because the match gets full of grab techs.
I'm pretty sure online Ken can still kick her ass, not sure about Remy but she is still cancer on fightcade. So many multi-hitting highs, weird and annoying overheads and dumb hitbox make her the best troll character after like 100ms. Ex dp is the worst.

speaking of karin, i do honestly think that "i'll show you the divide in our class" is the best opening line i've ever heard in a fighting game.
just a single spoken line tells us everything about the character and her personality (elegant, well off and ruthless at the same time).

You need to play more fighting games. I think Urien's entry animation is one of the best all around openings.

ah

Is she straight up controlling him and a suit or is he his own thing ?
hes just a suit she made

blazblue has a lot of matchup specific openings. If any librarium members start a match against each other they recite the oath before the fight. Hazama recites this in the laziest most I dont give a fuck way possible

I'm pretty sure online Ken can still kick her ass, not sure about Remy but she is still cancer on fightcade. So many multi-hitting highs, weird and annoying overheads and dumb hitbox make her the best troll character after like 100ms. Ex dp is the worst.
Remy is simultaneously annoying and super cool in action. I can't deal with it at all, but he looks so smooth and cool in motion that I can't help respecting him. The combination of low, mid-height, EX double and super sonic booms is crazy. His forward moving kick special is actually neat too. It's too bad SFV will never know the power of ottermode tactics.
Literally doubling down on their PC fuckery for this game. Feel bad for the people who bought it on PC.
Makes me wonder what the sales would be if refunds had been available at the time of it's release.
Nice.
Would be weird if she was in there while he randomly fights people
Doesn't make it seem like there could be someone inside with the way they made him look. Even Pot looks more like a mech/power suit
This is ASW, so I wouldn't be surprised if the suit possesses some sort of space distorting ability like the The Doctor's TARDIS machine.

BlizzKrut

Banned
Kinda disappointed that Revelator will end with Dizzy at best.

Not at best, it's confirmed she will be in the game. Sorry if I missunderstood.

Also, if ArcSys somehow made Raven or another old character put in Revelator, they would make a really great expansion with 6 more characters overall, but not complaining, 5 is good already.

NEO0MJ

Not at best, it's confirmed she will be in the game. Sorry if I missunderstood.

I thought so, just wasn't 1000% sure.

This is what, year two? At least it's likely they'll do more in the coming/next year.

Yeah, but when will I get the old characters I want?! And I'd hate for them to Bring back Robo-Ky and base him on his new design. Old one was better. In fact, bring him back as an old model as is with some wear and tear in his design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom