• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 returning characters 2 new characters seems pretty good. Id like them to get up to 7 new characters like its looking like BBCF will, but that seems unlikely with Kum already announced as a console character

granted I could be wrong on BBCF's character count as well

ArjanN

Nice.
Would be weird if she was in there while he randomly fights people
Doesn't make it seem like there could be someone inside with the way they made him look. Even Pot looks more like a mech/power suit

I kind of assumed it was more of a magic thing than a mech.

Yeah, but when will I get the old characters I want?! And I'd hate for them to Bring back Robo-Ky and base him on his new design. Old one was better. In fact, bring him back as an old model as is with some wear and tear in his design.

I feel ya. I want A.B.A. back, but I figure she's at the bottom of the list, like two or three years out, if she's coming at all.

That girl is actually a timelord and the inside is huge lol
We need a Doctor Who fighter.
I'd like to see a character that uses some sort of sonic screwdriver device to temporarily remove the opponent's ability to defend. That'd be pretty neat.
3 returning characters 2 new characters seems pretty good. Id like them to get up to 7 new characters like its looking like BBCF will, but that seems unlikely with Kum already announced as a console character

granted I could be wrong on BBCF's character count as well
Needs to be more like a 4-1 split favoring returnees per yearly update. The vanilla version getting four new characters wouldn't bother me then. Guilty Gear just has too many designs that people are still intensely attached to. ABA and Kliff are one thing, but even now there are so many missing classics like Baiken, Testament, Bridget, Zappa, Robo-Ky, Anji, O-Sol and Anji that it is glaring. Whatever comes after Revelator had better be PACKED with veterans.

Shadow, is Exceed Excel the new way to call Overdrive Distortions?
I typed wrong in the other post, but Exceed Accel is the new overdrive only distortions, and its activated with ABCD while in overdrive, and if you hold ABCD while activating overdrive it immediately comes out.

EAs have no screen flash on startup, immediately end overdrive, and increase the refill rate of your burst gauge. If you are in accel flow (a reverse version of negative penalty) then EAs do a shitload more damage, like 4k raw versus 2.3k without accel flow. Accel flow EAs also have longer animations than normal EA

EDIT: On GG roster. Im only really attached to dizzy so I win anyway. WIth order sol, if they want that playstyle I hope they strap it to a new character

Numb

I'd like to see a character that uses some sort of sonic screwdriver device to temporarily remove the opponent's ability to defend. That'd be pretty neat.
Would be op especially if it's unblockable
Balance by the screwdriver breaking or something or a one time deal

One more week until Izanami. Might have to try her out. Hopefully she looks more interesting to me than Nine after awhile.
i didnt see a release date, is she going to be playable on act 2 release, or will she be delayed like 9? I was assuming a delay so she would also include an act 3 teaser like 9

Shun

i didnt see a release date, is she going to be playable on act 2 release, or will she be delayed like 9? I was assuming a delay so she would also include an act 3 teaser like 9

I was busy but Izanami is playable on Act 2 release in a little over a week. Nine wasn't delayed, she was on schedule.

Line_HTX

I typed wrong in the other post, but Exceed Accel is the new overdrive only distortions, and its activated with ABCD while in overdrive, and if you hold ABCD while activating overdrive it immediately comes out.

EAs have no screen flash on startup, immediately end overdrive, and increase the refill rate of your burst gauge. If you are in accel flow (a reverse version of negative penalty) then EAs do a shitload more damage, like 4k raw versus 2.3k without accel flow. Accel flow EAs also have longer animations than normal EA

EDIT: On GG roster. Im only really attached to dizzy so I win anyway. WIth order sol, if they want that playstyle I hope they strap it to a new character

How do you get accel flow? Be defensive this time? And wow, I'd definitely go for the 4K damage, haha.

Default Dizzy outfit needs to be her motherly outfit from the story, lol

Shun

active flow is when you go in and play offensively. it really is literally the opposite of negative penalty.

So when you go for a string of combos and close into your opponent for a certain time and rate, you will here them say active flow and you will get a purple aura showing that you have the buff ready,

Needs to be more like a 4-1 split favoring returnees per yearly update. The vanilla version getting four new characters wouldn't bother me then. Guilty Gear just has too many designs that people are still intensely attached to. ABA and Kliff are one thing, but even now there are so many missing classics like Baiken, Testament, Bridget, Zappa, Robo-Ky, Anji, O-Sol and Anji that it is glaring. Whatever comes after Revelator had better be PACKED with veterans.

Damn, A.B.A.'s Kliff tier? Anji bias so strong he's listed twice? I see how it is

This got me thinking about what the possible order is going to be. After trying to compare the cast that's in to what's missing from memory and failing, I ended up at the character vote Arc did in the arcades. Maybe they'll just use the ordering to prioritize all future releases.

The list for reference, sans NPCs

Dizzy – 32,990
Bridget – 32,639
Baiken – 31,281
Order-Sol – 28,977
Anji Mito – 13,758
Testament – 7,578
Robo-Ky – 5,633
A.B.A – 3,731
Zappa – 3,404
Justice – 1,628
Kliff Undersn – 829

How do you get accel flow? Be defensive this time? And wow, I'd definitely go for the 4K damage, haha.

Default Dizzy outfit needs to be her motherly outfit from the story, lol
active flow activates from being aggressive, blockstrings will push you towards it

I like my AC+ dizzy look, plus I have a figure of that look. Prefer it continues to match.
I was busy but Izanami is playable on Act 2 release in a little over a week. Nine wasn't delayed, she was on schedule.
what I mean is that she was delayed from the release of act 1(the game release of course was the same as act 1). So I was thinking izanami couldve been the same thing where act 2 releases, then izanami a week later with a tease for act 3. But if she releases alongside act 2 I doubt we get an act 3 tease from her arcade mode

Damn, A.B.A.'s Kliff tier? Anji bias so strong he's listed twice? I see how it is

This got me thinking about what the possible order is going to be. After trying to compare the cast that's in to what's missing from memory and failing, I ended up at the character vote Arc did in the arcades. Maybe they'll just use the ordering to prioritize all future releases.

The list for reference, sans NPCs

Dizzy – 32,990
Bridget – 32,639
Baiken – 31,281
Order-Sol – 28,977
Anji Mito – 13,758
Testament – 7,578
Robo-Ky – 5,633
A.B.A – 3,731
Zappa – 3,404
Justice – 1,628
Kliff Undersn – 829
I must have added Anji a second time when I went back to edit Bridget into my list.

Anyways...why are you so unpopular, Zappa? I've seen this guy all over American GG and in casual play, but this is some bottom tier popularity here. I was also legit amazed by Testament's low popularity as well. I assumed he was somewhere around Zato's level since he appeared in AC+ footage so much, but I guess it was just his top tier ranking that increased his presence.

Shun

Arc System Works character updates are just 2-3 weeks from each other on average.

CentralFiction seems to be getting more new characters than Chronophantasma anyway since Chronophantasma had only 4 new characters before 2.0 released and Izayoi wasn't even added until the first two updates that added Nu and Mu. And then 2.0 added the console exclusive + Celica.

Seeing as we have 4 characters so far spread between 2 major updates, we get at least one more for the 3rd update and at least 2-3 console exclusive characters. If not more since Arc System Works likes to do the whole console exclusive then 2.0 update.

Guilty Gear shouldn't have only one console exclusive since Xrd Sign had 3 of them and those were added onto the 1.10 arcade update patch after console. And Xrd Sign had really only Bedman and Ramlethal because it was the vanilla version of a new Guilty Gear.

I think Arc System Works does a pretty decent job of giving a good amount of content and spacing them out between console and arcade, at least as of lately.

Shit I just realized that Chronophantasma is over 3 years old and Guilty Gear Xrd is almost 2 years old.

mbpm1

Stolen from the lame alternate costumes thread:

Now here's the hard part. You are forced to play a fighting game with the women of your family and you have a choice between Skullgirls, DOA or SFV with locked DLC alternates.

Pick your poison, FGW!

Skullgirls Big Band only

notworksafe

Now here's the hard part. You are forced to play a fighting game with the women of your family and you have a choice between Skullgirls, DOA or SFV with locked DLC alternates.

Pick your poison, FGW!

SFV cause my girl's gonna play it anyway

FACE

Banned

Pick your poison, FGW!

Panty shots in SF aren't exactly new tho.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
One of JWong's friends said on his stream that SFV has too much "tittay" despite liking tits.

Unrelated but Justin got bodied by Valle in a chance encounter in tonight's beta lol.

Are those really straight up underwear being shown? Capcom is gonna get shitted on so hard when the game releases lol, they just can't escape the mayhem that is the internet. Not that I care but man, its popcorn.gif worthy

That's so sad you had to screencap that. Gotta grab every little victory, right?

Every little victory? Surely you jest.

These aren't too bad

Guaranteed panties to be seen when flipped upside down. Capcom is doing it with every female character.

None can compare to DEVOUROUOUR

truly a statement of the times

The greatest statement of all time. The only reason I'm playing SFV is cause of Necalli. D...de...devour

notworksafe

Are those really straight up underwear being shown? Capcom is gonna get shitted on so hard when the game releases lol, they just can't escape the mayhem that is the internet. Not that I care but man, its popcorn.gif worthy

If they have any smarts they'll realize the internet will also move on the next day when there's something else to complain about

CO_Andy

T6ZyODy.gif

This image sums up GAF today in a nutshell: skanky SF costumes, 900p res for NX, Bernie sharing a pro-Republican view...

That first page of the Bernie thread is like looking in on political alchemy. It's like watching a group trying to make an artificial Howard Dean moment.
Id play any game and not give a shit.
You say this until somehow you end up with Arcana Heart and you've got a lot of splaining to do at family reunions.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
If they have any smarts they'll realize the internet will also move on the next day when there's something else to complain about

Bugle's on the males in SF? Lights aren't confirming into mediums for the entire cast? Not enough DLC costumes? Insert character isn't in the game? The lobby system is shit? The game is still lagging online? I have an entire list now that I realize it. People don't know what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom