• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

miku

That thread miku created was legendary, lmao

07kQXIy.gif

jerry1594

Somebody in that thread mentioned they were gonna play KI instead cause of the Laura costume. Ironically japanese devs probably have more respect for women than keits.

CurlyW

Keits/Iron Galaxy didn't make Orchid. That was Double Helix.

Keits & IGS made Maya (though possible some of her design was started at Double Helix), Riptor, Hisako, and Aria.

KI for real for real look like a fake video game from a 90s TV show

like every time you see that game they bout to cut to two dudes on the couch doing that fake "I'm playing video games" acting, moving up and down, shaking the controller, saying shit like "booyah!" and "Yeah take that!"

MrDaravon

Wait, so is Mad Catz cup tonight or tomorrow? The SRK article I found said it was tomorrow, but people are talking about being on there way to the venue right now? I just found out this was a thing like an hour ago so maybe I missed something?

I've been super sick and some other stuff for the last couple weeks so totally out of the loop, other than Marvel apparently being ridiculous at KiT anything significant or worth watching happen in the last 2-3 weeks?

.la1n

like every time you see that game they bout to cut to two dudes on the couch doing that fake "I'm playing video games" acting, moving up and down, shaking the controller, saying shit like "booyah!" and "Yeah take that!"

What's hilarious is that actually did happen, Grey's Anatomy. I think it may have been on another television show as well but can't recall.

Grakl

What region / format?

was in email Twitch sent me

Live from Folsom Street Foundry in San Francisco, the Mad Catz V Cup brings together eight top players to showcase their skills in Street Fighter V.

Tune into the stream for two days of intense Street Fighter competition! #RiseUp and pre-order your copy of Street Fighter V today for exclusive costumes!

• WHERE: MadCatz
• WHEN: Wednesday, January 20th, from 7:30pm PT to Midnight, and Thursday, January 21st, from 6:30pm PT to Midnight

pixelish

Wait, so is Mad Catz cup tonight or tomorrow? The SRK article I found said it was tomorrow, but people are talking about being on there way to the venue right now? I just found out this was a thing like an hour ago so maybe I missed something?

I've been super sick and some other stuff for the last couple weeks so totally out of the loop, other than Marvel apparently being ridiculous at KiT anything significant or worth watching happen in the last 2-3 weeks?

apparently the mcz exhibition tourney is happening tonight and tomorrow but they've been doing a lousy job promoting it on social media.

ShinMaruku

I never got how people would expect class from a game who thinks DJ is something positive. I mean he has his fans but I think they are insane. :E

petghost

Banned
the costumes are kinda dumb but yeah im certainly not genuinely upset about them. i was just kinda disappointed cuz i wanted sf5 to have a super broad appeal which it will probably sort of have anyhow.

jerry1594

Well LoL has massive appeal and it's probably the game I've seen with the most female players. It's also pretty pandering. Beyond LoL status is like Madden/Coca Cola status or something which I doubt SF can reach

ShinMaruku

As long as those costumes are not front and center and the game is fun it will have wide appeal also it's the biggest fighting game it will be fine. If you expect it to blow up and have 600k people playing it monthly you have another thing coming because that will never happen.

JeTmAn81

Honest moment: when I was a kid, all I cared about were specials. I wasn't a spammer, but specials, for me, defined a character, and if a character had lame specials, I thought they were plain bad.

Me too. Except I never stopped thinking that. It's why I picked Dante. So many moves...

FACE

Banned

I believe something like that happened at one MS press conference.

Honest moment: when I was a kid, all I cared about were specials. I wasn't a spammer, but specials, for me, defined a character, and if a character had lame specials, I thought they were plain bad.

That's better than me, I'd pick characters I thought looked cool and then I'd try to mash out stuff during matches.

Nightii

Banned
SFV will be fine, in the end these are just dumb costumes, I don't like most of them but it's truly no big deal.

I do wish Vega would get a cool costume for once, though!

I don't understand the lingo kids use these days.

Is "I don't give a shit what video game character costumes look like" an acceptable response to "bruh"?

idk.. I'm Valle age. Ask the kids.

I will continue to poke fun at a video game costume where she is wearing a jacket with no pants.

shaowebb

So...who else is ready for the Frosty Faustings TVC tournament this weekend?
I'm not able to attend, but I'm definitely gonna watch this thing! There were already enough folks for pre reg to setup a nice tournament and hopefully more pop up as well.

I know for a fact MagnomanX, Kbeast, and Tronzilla are all goin so no matter what you know they'll be stylin out there. No clue who plays what characters these days. I've seen a lot of Joe the Condor on some streams, then others rocking things like Megaman Volnutt, Soki, Polimar, Ippatsuman...you name it!

Anyhow expect a nice tournament this weekend played by longtime fans out to showcase a gem that never truly got its full time in the spotlight. There were several streamed tournaments and events for this game last year and its showing signs now of picking up more interest and more players the more it appears. Its pretty easy these days to setup a stick for Wii off of any old stick you have plus Dolphin and Wiimifi stuff on homebrew channel have made it so folks can play each other online again.

Be sure to check out the streams this weekend folks and support Frosty Faustings.

The schedule can be found here

The TVC tournament is Friday Night

Not certain which stream it will be on though. It isn't color coded on the schedule so I'll have to check. Hoping its a mainstage event due to the way its color coded. Hope to see folks stream monstering Friday with me!

ShinMaruku

I thought Rashid was more neutral to just beyond neutral range? Was that last guy playing him too defensive and close or am I just out of the loop on his close range options?

He was being a bit too defensive I would assume. But there is a little risk as you see what I did to that Charlie if I can confrim with Vtrigger mid range they can get mopped.

CurlyW

Be sure to check out the streams this weekend folks and support Frosty Faustings.

The schedule can be found here

The TVC tournament is Friday Night

Not certain which stream it will be on though. It isn't color coded on the schedule so I'll have to check. Hoping its a mainstage event due to the way its color coded. Hope to see folks stream monstering Friday with me!

Top 4 will be streamed on twitch.tv/expgamingil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom