• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeTmAn81

OT but I've finally started playing Danganronpa. Sooooo good. It scratches that Zero Escape itch just right.

They should make a Danganronpa fighting game. It's visually similar to Persona so why not...and now this isn't OT!

petghost

Banned
OT but I've finally started playing Danganronpa. Sooooo good. It scratches that Zero Escape itch just right.

They should make a Danganronpa fighting game. It's visually similar to Persona so why not...and now this isn't OT!

yeah its a lot of fun. second one is even better imo.

french bread get on that DR fighting game pls.

Wait, what? Is it that anime bear game? I love 999 and Zero Escape!

They're stressing simplicity and back to basics.

People are calling a spade a spade.

Bring back zoning and chip kills!

Danganronpa 1 is pretty good. Same with Danganronpa 2. Ultra Despair Girls? Ehhhh.
Wait, what? Is it that anime bear game? I love 999 and Zero Escape!

Don't go into DR expecting Zero Escape. The only thing they have in common is that it's about a group of people who have been trapped by some mastermind. DR is more like Phoenix Wright in the way it plays.

one piece spoilers in random threads again?

why?? time to buff this ignore list smfh

I had
gear 4th
spoiled for me just by entering a thread that had nothing to do with anything mayn shit

damn it was yams too? rip

I haven't read One Piece in about two months because I wasn't feeling the furry crap and wanted to read in bulk to see where the story goes, go to latest page on FGC thread and get One Piece spoiled.

:(

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
i didnt even spoil anything lol

Don't spoil One Piece.

omg

didnt know you watched one piece, if you keep up with the manga then yeah the hint i said is pretty damn relevant.

one piece spoilers in random threads again?

why?? time to buff this ignore list smfh

I had
gear 4th
spoiled for me just by entering a thread that had nothing to do with anything mayn shit

damn it was yams too? rip

bruh ;_; ill be more careful next time, just read the fucking chapter man

Beckx

Well, glad I saw the bottom of the page first.

Where's my My Hero Academia fighting game

It exists.

Well, actually a Bamco 3DS tie in action game exists and that means it's 90% likely to be awful, but there's hope because apparently Assassination Classroom 3DS was decent and the last Kuroko 3DS game was really fun (even if horribly broken...but there's no way to make Akashi not horribly broken so).

didnt know you watched one piece, if you keep up with the manga then yeah the hint i said is pretty damn relevant.

bruh ;_; ill be more careful next time, just read the fucking chapter man

I don't read the manga b. why would you think thats a good idea fam WHY

panda gets it. Get w/ the times count

gundam is goddamn ass fam. gundam is the deejay of anime.

#actually, gundam wishes it was as good as deejay

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
i didnt even spoil anything though, ya'll need to chill. all i said was sanji, he's a character in one piece lol

edit:

where is the anime up to btw?

i didnt even spoil anything though, ya'll need to chill. all i said was sanji, he's a character in one piece lol

edit:

luffy just went gear 4th for the first time

thing is I saw something on twitter too now I'm wondering but fuck y'all imma figure out next year what happened

edit:

It was the context you said it in, you marvel minion

That being said, I googled the thing Count mentioned and holy shit are you serious with this shit? :drakelol:

One Piece still the WOAT

Zissou

I wasn't trying to imply that it was unreasonable, it's just with the added effect of no chip kills means that your fireballs don't have as much leverage as they did the whole round, so your opponent can just slowly walk and block you down into the corner without tons of risk.

Timing them out is an option though.

*insert evo moment #37*

Keeping or removing chip kills is a hard thing to find a 'right' answer on.

On one hand, not allowing chip to kill means you're altering the properties of specials in one specific situation. You're breaking the rules you established previously regarding how blocked specials function. It's inelegant.

On the other hand, one of the great aspects of fighting games relative to other competitive game genres is that there is barely any slippery slope inherent to the design. Ryu with 10% health has all the tools that Ryu at 100% health has, whereas in Starcraft, if your enemy has an army 10 times the size/strength of yours, you should just concede. Chip being able to kill is one small instance of a slippery slope in fighting games- you lose the ability to block specials as a means of dealing with them when you're at very low health, even though it was a viable answer for most of the round.

I personally like chip kills. Yeah, it leads to anticlimactic ending sometimes like a knockdown into a meaty fireball that you have no means to avoid, but sometimes it leads to crazy scrambles where the player has to try and comeback without blocking anything, and if they can pull it off it's really amazing to watch. To some extent whether or not chip kills are good or bad varies by game though.

JeTmAn81

Don't go into DR expecting Zero Escape. The only thing they have in common is that it's about a group of people who have been trapped by some mastermind. DR is more like Phoenix Wright in the way it plays.

It's like Zero Escape in the sense that it's very Japanese and has lots of murder and twists and turns and a prisoner's dilemma setting but the actual gameplay is more like Ace Attorney and relationship stuff from Persona 4. But it's the closest thing I've experienced to a ZE game outside of those games.

Even as a gundam fan, I have to admit there are only like 3-4 good shows out of like 50+

a gundam show tier list would look like a marvel tier list

Deejay too busy taking Ls to watch gundam and know's its glory. Count will be complaining about xrd version 13 before one piece goes anywhere

irfaanator
Heart of the Cards
(Today, 08:14 PM)

your tag betrays you
mqunTrN.png
mqunTrN.png
mqunTrN.png
mqunTrN.png

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I decided to search the annals of neogaf, its akin to going on the weird side of the internet. I found this, enjoy folks.

image.php

It's like Zero Escape in the sense that it's very Japanese and has lots of murder and twists and turns and a prisoner's dilemma setting but the actual gameplay is more like Ace Attorney and relationship stuff from Persona 4. But it's the closest thing I've experienced to a ZE game outside of those games.

Try Ever 17. It was written by the guy who did the ZE games.

Skab

Work caused me to miss the end of the sf5 exhibition last night.

Watched the archive and damn...Combos Laura was terrifying o.o

Mizerman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom