• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thread needs more love.

HHxS9TW.gif

mbpm1

Looking forward to the moments in SFV when someone gets a perfect, but the opponent blocks the last mixup w/ no chip death and runs it all the way back like a Terminator.

lmao you crazy

lost it when you said it was the best series of gundam

Gundam tv series' don't really get as well paced as 00 s1. It's pretty quality and I reject the Zeta Gundam fascination. Zeta doesn't get good or interesting until in the 30's and its cast is annoying as fuck. 0079 has filler and stupid Super robot crap. Double Zeta half of it is good. X is pretty consistent but doesn't hit the highs of 00 s1. G is good but repetitive as fuck. Wing is trash but fun trash. Turn A is fab. I'd argue for Turn A, but I prefer 00 for some reason. Seed has some spotty characterization and a slow start, also laser battles and battles have less weight. Seed Destiny is doo doo. 00 s1 owns all around, and ends on a open-ended ending. 00 s2 is doo doo. Age is meh. G Reco I haven't watched but I haven't liked one bit of what I've seen. 00 is pretty tops. The only show I'd take seriously being better than it is Turn A. The others are much more flawed than 00 s1.

For the record, my favorite is the 0079 movie trilogy, but the best Gundam period is 0080 War in a Pocket. Also for the record, I said tv series. 0080 isn't a tv series.

I thought MCZ Cup was only last night?

For what it's worth, both are takes that flip the Gundam concept on its head, and I like that about both. But I found the characters' resolves and reasoning for their actions more compelling characterization and storytelling than what's in Turn A. Lurvs Turn A doe.

Shouta

How does that Gundam Versus game act like other fighting games? Or is it a non-traditional fighter?

If we based Gundam shows on slow first halfs we wouldn't be including Zeta in good Gundam shows.

Disagree then. It's my favorite anime franchise due to its storytelling and characters. 0079 Trilogy isn't good either? It's my favorite.

It's like Virtual-On. In case you missed Shun's essays, it maps all of the same FG concepts in a game that plays like VOOT though with controls that are much easier to handle. Footsies, space control, meter management, reads, etc.

wrong super sayian gif

Same rules, son.

Shun

Fa real?

Interesting.

Cindi here are some reads if you missed it and some gameplay videos with a breakdown on what exactly is happening.

The game is on PS3 and arcade and someone might be willing to gameshare a digital copy on PS3 if you have one and want to try it.

Some Sinanju gameplay

LostConfused basics write up
My broken english write up where I focus mostly on cancels and other semantics.

Support Character breakdown
Offense character breakdown.
Positioning and Team Play Breakdown and why it is so important to the game

It's like Virtual-On. In case you missed Shun's essays, it maps all of the same FG concepts in a game that plays like VOOT though with controls that are much easier to handle. Footsies, space control, meter management, reads, etc.

Same rules, son.
Is the SFV OT claimer going to be unbanned in time for the OT to go up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom