• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quesa

Quick question: I have an older PS3/PC hitbox controller and will soon have a PS4 for SFV. Will my hitbox do the 8-minute timeout, and if so, will the update firmware thing on the hitbox website work to fix it? I DL'ed it and haven't been able to install the firmware on there following their instructions.

Shun

He needs time to go reflect on his actions. Maybe he should go bake some yams. yams are sweet, maybe that will change his salty attitude.

Do you really wanna break up this couple, Shouta-sama?

Z3mkGhk.jpg

LPN got away with a lot of unpunished dives. A neutral jump is a guaranteed punish including against EX version, but for some reason everyone kept jumping backwards. His footsies were on point though and he got MP xx bullhead a lot on counterpokes. He also missed fewer anti-airs than everyone else, which will be a big deal moving forward. Also Birdie's V-skills are pretty ridiculous at the moment. The rolling can is basically a much better version of Dhalsim's Yoga Fire, he can get legit mixups if you let him throw them. I think players are going to try to rush Birdie down more in the future to prevent him from setting up his neutral game if possible,

Ultimately things are pretty simple to counter in SFV. People just need training mode time/experience.

Shun

Dammit they added in a Jingi Storm set up right after I leave... (´;д;`)

Why couldn't you do this last week

CZTiZhMWEAApkNk.jpg

CZTiaLCWIAAgc2E.jpg

CZTia8tWYAEQy7U.jpg

Name me a single none arcade fighting game that Japan invests serious time into? Do you not remember when 90% of Japan kept playing Vanilla SF4 because Super never got an arcade release?
Actually I remember a ton of Japan playing Super online. Most of the notable players played super. Now I'm not going to throw around random numbers but I'm guessing a very significant amount of the playerbase played super. And I think the same will happen with SFV.

Let's not forget
A. This a new street fighter
B. There will be a lot of money up for grabs
C. This is where the competition will be
D. Players that skipped 4 because they didn't like it will be all over SFV(Like Bas)
E. Have you seen those alternate costumes?

Actually I remember a ton of Japan playing Super online. Most of the notable players played super. Now I'm not going to throw around random numbers but I'm guessing a very significant amount of the playerbase played super. And I think the same will happen with SFV.
You have a bad memory. Do you not recall EVO 2010 when there was only 1 Japanese player in Top 8? Why? Because Japan wasn't taking Super seriously. You think America was just godlike in Super and fell off with AE? Japan just didn't give a shit. Outside of sponsored players no one in Japan was playing Super.

Zissou

maybe not the dudes that got to make a career outta this shit but i can see the serious and quite good but not sponsored type jp players sticking with 4 if they dont like/get bored of 5

That will make it harder for sponsored Japanese players to improve- Japan is as good as it is at SF4 because of the overall strength of the scene. Tokido or whoever is gonna have a hard time getting better in a vacuum.

i can name 500,000 (and possibly more) reasons why this won't be the case

Well... I don't know.

All the sponsored / best Japanese players will play the game and travel for tournaments, there's no doubt about that.

But i think that the Japanese arcade crowd will still be playing USF4 in arcades, especially because the home console market is dead in Japan, and they're used to go to the arcades.

Now, honestly, who cares about what the average japanese player will play ? Arcade is a dying market, Japan is still using NicoNico @240p... For SFV, it's all about US/Europe/New markets, and i'm okay with that :)

I think the Arcade thing is a bigger deal than the boring part. That's subjective. They play Alot of wack shit out there that I think is boring.

Its like tekken. East needs an arcade version. West needs a console version. Sf5 in Japan might reach what tekken is now in the west without a home port. We shall see. I hope it gets an arcade version down the line.

You have a bad memory. Do you not recall EVO 2010 when there was only 1 Japanese player in Top 8? Why? Because Japan wasn't taking Super seriously. You think America was just godlike in Super and fell off with AE? Japan just didn't give a shit. Outside of sponsored players no one in Japan was playing Super.

Why was Japan down on Super?

Did LPN take it last night? I went to bed during winner's finals.

I don't see why we would care if the game is popular in Japan. If Japan wants to stick with a shitty game, let them. We can still enjoy SFV.

Coda

I'm i the only one that can't stand Zhi?
Don't feel the same about any other commentator or are indifferent

I think Skisonic is worse, just because it always sounds like he's trying to hard or does things like stare into the camera awkwardly. Zhi is okay but his high pitched voice gets way too much sometimes.

Commentators I like are usually UltraDavid (because he's chill and down to earth), IFC Yipes (because he brings the hype but isn't annoying about it), Seth Killian (because Seth Killian), or Logan (for that classy voice).

When Zhi's good and actually tries to analyze, he's very, very good.
Most of the time he's insufferable though.

Favourite commentator spot still belongs to Gucci Suit.
Melee commentary is also usually great.

he sometimes goes off the handle, and need s good copilot to reign him. if he commentates alone it could get a bit dicey and its understandable some people don't find him appealing.

however, i believe zhi has the biggest range of capability any commentator in the FGC.

fluent in multiple languages. Seems well read and can drop a current event and tie it to whats going on at the drop of a hat. Also very up to date with pop culture. Very VERY creative imagery. I would say Zhi would be a lucrative hire for any multinational company as spokesperson/translator. as long as you have someone to keep him contained of course.

Tripon

I thought Hellpockets + Zhi last night was amazing. Just the right amount of crazy, hype and analysis for a bar tournament.

Numb

Indeed
I don't hate him but he goes wild and the high pitch voice isn't helping during yells
Always talking about weird stuff and random crazy metaphors for what's happening are funny sometimes but there is alot.If he didn't have a partner it would have been way worse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom