• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelish

Is it confirmed that he has a retail copy or just offline Beta 3?
lpn had a video of him playing sfv on his instagram account (now taken down) and if you looked carefully, you can see the number of wins a player has on top of the screen as if they were playing versus mode. i'm pretty sure cracked beta doesn't have versus mode access but perhaps lpn was actually playing a modified version of the offline beta.

Is it confirmed that he has a retail copy or just offline Beta 3?

He said the instagram video that LPN posted had a win count that was not possible in the cracked beta. And that's what combofiend told him.

Justin Wong ‏@JWonggg 9h9 hours ago San Jose, CA
@Dalesy617 @nycfurby @MsPuddings that's what Combofiend told me today

If it's coming from combo then yeah its guaranteed.

Quesa

I'm under the impression that the PS4/PC Hit Box controllers likely use a different PCB than the PS3/PC or 360/PS3/PC ones, so the recently-released firmware likely won't work on your older model.

You can try looking up whether the Toodles Cthulhu PS3/PC Board has a firmware update to be PS4-compatible though. Even if it does, it's likely that you'll be experiencing the 8-minute timeout without being able to fix it.

I guess I'll have to stick to PC then.

vocab

retail copy or not, people got hit by the same shit over and over again. Poor adaptability all around. I mean if graham wolfe got second, what does that tell you about the so called sfiv vets? lpn wasn't even doing anything new that people haven't figured out already. He used vreversal alot while others chose not to use it.

pixelish

in retrospect, i'm now glad lpn won the tournament. thanks to him, everyone (especially jwong) became so salty on twitter and it's hilarious.

Shackzam

SF5's so simple, it shouldn't matter how much time a person spends pre-retail.
MFGQ3.gif

https://youtu.be/X0wnIG836kY

Today's footage is from VSav. The first part is kinda iffy because I couldn't remove the FPS counter from the client (not visible during replays along with chat footage). I still decided to upload it because there was some good action worth sharing. The next vids won't have that problem (won't stop me from getting sassed on though).

So ComboFiend knows LPN has a copy, and he's okay with it?

retail copy or not, people got hit by the same shit over and over again. Poor adaptability all around. I mean if graham wolfe got second, what does that tell you about the so called sfiv vets? lpn wasn't even doing anything new that people haven't figured out already. He used vreversal alot while others chose not to use it.
I thought vreversal use was fair, but I agree that adaptability was poor, though. The number of people getting hit by Birdie's jump grab on oki was just incredible. I don't even get hit by it that much. Ditto for LPN's Bison teleport spam.

I still remember a guy winning the first MvC3 event because he had days of extra play (assume he had access before everyone else)
I don't think LuvzCheez had any extra play time. He just abused the best early release character playstyle: keepaway.

Rhapsody

Banned
I still remember a guy winning the first MvC3 event because he had days of extra play (assume he had access before everyone else)

Are you talking about the MvC3 tournament that was in NorCal? I'm good friends with him, and he had no extra days of play lol. He only played when Capcom had them available to the public.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
https://youtu.be/X0wnIG836kY

Today's footage is from VSav. The first part is kinda iffy because I couldn't remove the FPS counter from the client (not visible during replays along with chat footage). I still decided to upload it because there was some good action worth sharing. The next vids won't have that problem (won't stop me from getting sassed on though).
Clicked video, saw sas, exited video. FUCK SASQUACH

mbpm1

I thought vreversal use was fair, but I agree that adaptability was poor, though. The number of people getting hit by Birdie's jump grab on oki was just incredible. I don't even get hit by it that much. Ditto for LPN's Bison teleport spam.

NorCal the strongest region

Rhapsody

Banned
Oops, I guess I was mistaken. I just remember that Dante hammer.

He was pretty good theory fighting for Marvel. It was a lot of fun talking to him early Vanilla and early Ultimate. Lots of exchanges we made panned out for how the games ended up. Makes me want a new Versus game because the race to find the cheap stuff was so fun.

That was something I really liked about Marvel 3. It allowed you to be creative, but it wasn't exactly difficult to discover stuff on your own too.

He was pretty good theory fighting for Marvel. It was a lot of fun talking to him early Vanilla and early Ultimate. Lots of exchanges we made panned out for how the games ended up. Makes me want a new Versus game because the race to find the cheap stuff was so fun.

That was something I really liked about Marvel 3. It allowed you to be creative, but it wasn't exactly difficult to discover stuff on your own too.
I think it's awesome that someone discovered a new Dormammu bnb just 6 months ago.

Rhapsody

Banned
I think it's awesome that someone discovered a new Dormammu bnb just 6 months ago.

Definitely my favorite game that gen regarding discovering stuff. I don't think any other game meshed that well for me with lab time. 2nd was Persona while 3rd was BB only because of Izayoi and some others.. Games like Skullgirls was way too hard for me to find stuff through intuition though for some reason.

There is something about creating fun teams or gameplans or incoming setups.

The feeling of discovery was amazing or extending a combo through a weird assist.

petghost

Banned
I'm salty now because I found a different fight against a Sas player who also happens to be an SG IRC regular. I also faired far better against him too. VSav and 3S really give me more material to work with than I anticipated.

good stuff! i seen jay's sas before its quite scary. i got blown up by this dude krakhans fish yesterday. absolutely obliterated. like these dudes who play at high level stagger their pressure so dudes who suck like me get opened up trying to tech hit (poorly) or GC them to keep them off. from the bottom and playing dudes like that this game seems so steep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom