• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
so whos going to host the sf4 gaf tourney now? any takers?

I want to do one a week before SFV's release, but I'm not interested in doing a regular tournament. I want to do a random select(with Edition Select) tourney like how I did one time before SFxT's release if anybody remembers that. I just feel like we already know who can beat who's ass in this game so I wanted to make it more random by literally using random. Maybe Blackule beats me 7 times out of 10 if we play our normal characters. But if I get my main while he gets someone he doesn't know how to play like Guy or Hakan then I have the upper hand. The better player still wins normally, but their is still a chance under the right circumstances.

I want to do a PC and PS4 tourney with the prize being Season Pass for both winners. With the Steam version I'll gift it to you, with the PS4 version I'll instead have to buy a digital code worth 30$ and message it. I know I could just do something else like PayPal but the emphasis is to reward a season pass to someone who plans on buying SFV and is going to use the season pass. Of course whoever wins the PS4 version can do whatever they want with the $30 PSN gift card, I won't mind. But I'm still going to force that person to do some extra work to get something else out of it or only buy PS4 content :p

I want to get at least 8 players per system. If that happens then I'll run it for sure. It has to be on a Friday or Saturday though and you can only enter one even if you have the game on both platforms.

Skilletor

Why isn't SFV getting an arcade version? Is it because of cost or is it because Sony's footing the dev bill? A bit of both?

I doubt it's because of Sony since Dissidia saw an arcade release first and pretty sure they're helping with that.

I don't know why it isn't yet, but for the sake of the Japanese SF community, I hope it does.

That being said, not sad at all that I'm not waiting a few months for a console port after watching tons of arcade footage.

The former, in the original video anyway (alternates in the gif). Parody of that old Herman Cain ad.

LOL I've never seen this. hahahahaha

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah I remember a bunch of people getting Marvel early. Not sure if it was people getting it from small retailers or #topplayerprivilege. Kinda just assumed it was the second one

notworksafe

somebody gotta catch an L tho
if you don't want your pc beta out there, don't put a pc beta out there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah I remember a bunch of people getting Marvel early. Not sure if it was people getting it from small retailers or #topplayerprivilege. Kinda just assumed it was the second one
retailer near us sold it a week early, was gdlk

then i realized what the game was like. less gdlk

I feel like that's not the whole story if combo really did call out graham for playing a cracked version, since LPN got a ton of merchandise for winning the exhibition and combo subbed himself out so LPN could play, and that dude obviously was grinding.

In any case I have zero sympathy for Justin

Rhapsody

Banned
I remember working part time at gamestop around umvc3 release. Saw a shipment of copies early but I wasn't allowed to buy one lol

Only fighter I got early was P4A. I was already playing the JP copy at a friend's prior though, so it didn't matter that much.

Clawww

We got Marvel 3 pretty early in NY, good times.

Lol @ combo grilling gwolfe tho, I'm not a dramafiend but that sounds juicy

remember when Keits was still ass at Marvel despite day -200 tech
"Wolverine's dive kick isn't even an overhead."

Definitely my favorite game that gen regarding discovering stuff. I don't think any other game meshed that well for me with lab time. 2nd was Persona while 3rd was BB only because of Izayoi and some others.. Games like Skullgirls was way too hard for me to find stuff through intuition though for some reason.
No company has the clarity Capcom does in animations.

Really? The flight combo one?
The relaunch one. I don't remember the inputs, but you relaunch with s.L.

I think him being okay with it is irrelevant. Not like he's gonna break into dude's house and take it back.
Nah, but express displeasure of some sort.

I remember working part time at gamestop around umvc3 release. Saw a shipment of copies early but I wasn't allowed to buy one lol

Only fighter I got early was P4A. I was already playing the JP copy at a friend's prior though, so it didn't matter that much.
Hmm. Maybe I should:
1) Get a weekend job at Gamestop.
2) Sell myself an early SFV copy.
3) Get fired.
4) Success?

Coda

I'm gonna be salty when I see people posting pics of their copies early while I wait for my digital version to unlock.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Outside of vampire savior and a couple MvC characters Capcom animations are super simple as far as character actions are so that helps with clarity. SF3 and SF5 animation is super fucking amazing overall though as far as being fluid goes.

ArcSys tends to have characters do a lot more dramatic shit in their actions so they use those action blurs to help show off hit boxes. Effective but in a different way.

vocab

I'm gonna be salty when I see people posting pics of their copies early while I wait for my digital version to unlock.

Don't worry, those people need that extra time. The game probably won't work on day 1, and I'm not really all that excited for the final version.

shaowebb

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=192980958&postcount=20

^ :D

TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM AT FROSTY FAUSTINGS TONIGHT!
RS2NCMn.png

*credit to namaa on Deviant art for the image.

Link to the tournament thread, list of other non TVC stuff at it and the official schedule

I want to do one a week before SFV's release, but I'm not interested in doing a regular tournament. I want to do a random select(with Edition Select) tourney like how I did one time before SFxT's release if anybody remembers that. I just feel like we already know who can beat who's ass in this game so I wanted to make it more random by literally using random. Maybe Blackule beats me 7 times out of 10 if we play our normal characters. But if I get my main while he gets someone he doesn't know how to play like Guy or Hakan then I have the upper hand. The better player still wins normally, but their is still a chance under the right circumstances.

I want to do a PC and PS4 tourney with the prize being Season Pass for both winners. With the Steam version I'll gift it to you, with the PS4 version I'll instead have to buy a digital code worth 30$ and message it. I know I could just do something else like PayPal but the emphasis is to reward a season pass to someone who plans on buying SFV and is going to use the season pass. Of course whoever wins the PS4 version can do whatever they want with the $30 PSN gift card, I won't mind. But I'm still going to force that person to do some extra work to get something else out of it or only buy PS4 content :p

I want to get at least 8 players per system. If that happens then I'll run it for sure. It has to be on a Friday or Saturday though and you can only enter one even if you have the game on both platforms.

i'm down for Steam... i usually play on 360 but it will do. hopefully i won't have a shitty connection like i usually do on steam though

VF does do the best job at visual clarity, even if it isn't as flashy as most games and produces some weird-looking stuff occasionally.

After a few hours playing the game everything on the screen is immediately understandable, even if you're seeing a new move or interaction for the first time

hi. im down.

Kumubou

Why isn't SFV getting an arcade version? Is it because of cost or is it because Sony's footing the dev bill? A bit of both?
Take a look at the hardware the multi-game Nesica cabinets use -- they are ancient PCs. Capcom would basically need to port the game to PS3/X360 levels of ugliness to get it to work. In theory they could sell dedicated kits, but no arcade operator is going to buy a dedicated kit for a game that is going to be, at best, having parity with a home version.

VF does do the best job at visual clarity, even if it isn't as flashy as most games and produces some weird-looking stuff occasionally.

After a few hours playing the game everything on the screen is immediately understandable, even if you're seeing a new move or interaction for the first time
I agree with this -- I find VF is so much easier to read than Tekken in terms of identifying moves. Honestly though, I think VF5:FS has some of the best animation out of any game from the last generation. Some moves just never get old.

And gawdamn, Elieen looks like she died in that GIF Oneida posted.

I want in on the Steam version. I am getting SFV on ps4, but Steam USFIV doesn't lag like molasses and I want more tourney experience.

CO_Andy

Man the GOP just wants to keep fucking with us North American gamers. Lower internet speeds for everyone!

Need a new Fighters Megamix just so i can play the Daytona car again.

Cars > Bears (in fighters)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom