• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
u can get temp bans for lots of things
5Vq4MMQ.png

I'm used to saying that word due to interacting with british football fans.

People who are super serious about the fuck anime thing with true vitriol are weird. I don't like most of the anime fighting games, but I just don't play them. They are probably good games. Just not for me I don't really like Skullgirls. I don't go posting fuck skullgirls all the time.

But I think it extends to a general attitude about fuck whatever I don't like. The there can only be one, what I like is the best, what you like is wack, I'm right, your wrong, I called it first. blah, blah. People who are serious with those attitudes are weird to me.

Put some pants on Cammy! :)

.la1n

I tend to just avoid threads where I know ahead of time it's something I'm not real big on. People should be able to like the games they want without others drive by shit posting on it.

It's one of the worst parts of fighting game streams, instead of embracing fighting games as a whole everyone gangs up on the hate wagon for whatever is currently being streamed. "When's Mahvel?" at its peak was anuerysm enducing and that's from someone who loves MvC.

shaowebb

LOL! Shoutouts to QisTopTier for popping his TVC cherry. I couldn't stop laughing at the bullshit traps that happened once I told him about Yatter 2's bouncy projectile that gets faster and how she has a super that randomly flies over to hit you into shit. I couldn't keep up with all that shit and blocking was done on a prayer XD

It's one of the worst parts of fighting game streams, instead of embracing fighting games as a whole everyone gangs up on the hate wagon for whatever is currently being streamed. "When's Mahvel?" at its peak was anuerysm enducing and that's from someone who loves MvC.

Yeah. If there's widespread obnoxiousness associated with a game then it naturally turns you off to it.

shaowebb

I tend to just avoid threads where I know ahead of time it's something I'm not real big on. People should be able to like the games they want without others drive by shit posting on it.

Ugh...the whens marvel thing was irritating as shit. Its like no one was ever allowed to play and stream anything else. I had flashbacks to that last night when I found out the TVC tourney was getting preempted by more Marvel 3 exhibition casuals and impromptu first to 5's and they were only gonna show TVC top 4 at ass AM during blizzard condition internet.

Too much fixation on that title.

Really though, if you dont wanna celebrate a game then dont interrupt its time to bitch on stream that your favorite show isn't on yet. Bullshit it was played OVER an actual tourney for just exhibitions.

Dahbomb

When's Marvel thing/was pretty bad after the initial month of release.

Most of it was from just flavor of the week stream monsters. Same people who would troll in Kripp's stream when he would stream Diablo instead of Hearthstone even though his streaming business took off because of Diablo.

mbpm1

There hasn't been a single snow flake in the past two days where I live bruh. So not the entire east coast.
Do you live more southwise?

Regardless, if mvc4 is made storms lvl 2 should have the snow stay as an obstacle, so all shall feel the pain of shovelling like 3 ft of snow ._.

mbpm1

Ah, that explains why when I was checking if my internet was down the north and south parts of the EC weren't having problems. Lucky!

The hate on anime is mostly in jest but also how much it has penetrated video games vs just being a movie/tv medium. It's okay but the amount of talk it eats up,especially at work, is noticeable. I come for games almost purely for mechanics and game design so I try to play all games.
Since coworkers know I don't watch anime, it has become my "when's mahvel" phrase.

Welcome back Dahbomb!

Papstr

Neo Member
Does anyone here play Dengeki Bunko? Is it any good?

I've gotten back into it a bit with Ignition. It's pretty fun, I sorta dig the simplicity. It's pretty easy to pick up and get into, but most of the characters and assists can offer a bit more depth than you would think.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The hate on anime is mostly in jest but also how much it has penetrated video games vs just being a movie/tv medium. It's okay but the amount of talk it eats up,especially at work, is noticeable. I come for games almost purely for mechanics and game design so I try to play all games.
Since coworkers know I don't watch anime, it has become my "when's mahvel" phrase.

Welcome back Dahbomb!
It's always been a huge thing in Japanese games though

ShinMaruku

Sometimes doing things in jest can go too far. Many a time. It's why I just shake my head at Fuck anime from people who swear by a game where a nigga charges up and screams : HADOUKEEEENNN!

shaowebb

I play them all and study them all...I just dont have time to train and get good at them. :p
I have fun though. I've seen a lot and I just find fighting games mesmerizing with the depth of their strategies and character variation. Its pretty fun for me to just go, lab out,and study. Sometimes I wonder if Im more of a fan of game design or fighting games when I do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom