• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

.la1n

"Starting Soon"

*hour timer starts in the corner*

gat dammit, NRS

Lmao, thought the same thing. It started at 30 minutes and I was like eh that's not so bad then it jumped to an hour :(

Pig puts a lot of himself emotionally into matches which can be good or in this case really bad. I never let myself get that emotionally invested in a game, never ends well.

shaowebb

He had an INCREDIBLY tight set vs Storms. Takeda with the Kunai vs both Possessed and Balanced Kenshi. Way it went was typical...Pig is heavily meter reliant and doesn't get to break much. Death by papercuts, but if he gets going he can win. Takeda takes half your life off any touch.

TWICE Pig was on the winning hit, dropped the easy chip out or sure fire win and Storms would make this Massive comeback. It ran all the way till the end and it ended with that happening again to him. Pig is an extremely diligent guy who is incredibly dedicated to perfect play. His training regiment is...well more than a little OCD to put it mildly. Its ridiculous how hard he trains and how much strain and scrutiny he puts his own play under. To blow it twice that way at the end and allow such massive runbacks really got to him hard.

Knowing Pig, we probably wont see him leaving the lab this week grinding himself to death again.

Perro

He had an INCREDIBLY tight set vs Storms. Takeda with the Kunai vs both Possessed and Balanced Kenshi. Way it went was typical...Pig is heavily meter reliant and doesn't get to break much. Death by papercuts, but if he gets going he can win. Takeda takes half your life off any touch.

TWICE Pig was on the winning hit, dropped the easy chip out or sure fire win and Storms would make this Massive comeback. It ran all the way till the end and it ended with that happening again to him. Pig is an extremely diligent guy who is incredibly dedicated to perfect play. His training regiment is...well more than a little OCD to put it mildly. Its ridiculous how hard he trains and how much strain and scrutiny he puts his own play under. To blow it twice that way at the end and allow such massive runbacks really got to him hard.

Knowing Pig, we probably wont see him leaving the lab this week grinding himself to death again.
Isn't he going to retire?

https://youtu.be/dsUDIQlgo40

Second part of my fight against the abominable snowman. I had just given up and we restarted to get rid of the FPS indicator. Things were looking up, but by part 3 my soul will be crushed to dust by Sasquatch's massive feet.

Beware the short hops.
nobody cares about darkstalkers or rival schools, just do capcom all stars and put morrigan, bbhood and demitri in.
This offends me. Where do Hsien-Ko, Rikuo, Q.Bee and Jedah fit in?
Darkstalkers is done. Time to move on fam.
yes
Move on to Fightcade?
YES
Move on to Japan.
chill bruh
Darkstalkers will be back eventually.

Capcom made 4 fighting games last gen:

SF4, MvC3, SFxT, and TvC

Marvel aint happening, Tatsunoko aint happening nor would it be worth the budget.

So we're looking at SF5 and some sort of Capcom all stars game.

I dont see Capcom only making 2 fighting games.
Capcom too broke to make more than 2 big fighters.
i will be very sad if capcom makes a new darkstalkers game because i know they are going to overhaul the gameplay so it doesn't feel like a darkstalkers game.
Some people definitely feel that way. I just can't stand the idea of cinematic Darkstalkers supers, Street Fighter gameplay speed and 2xQCF supers.

.la1n

I think a new Darkstalkers title would be the perfect opportunity to try a smaller scale title with a modest budget. Eight character roster to start with DLC characters / seasons like they are trying with SF V although obviously budget for that title wasn't modest.

petghost

Banned
You think if they make a new darkstalkers they'd keep the whole magic series which can't be special cancelled unless you link outta your chain? It's perfect for vsav but It's kinda a weird system. Stuff like renda too. Just not stuff you see in a lot of modern games

.la1n

When I first heard of the variation system I was hoping they would do more characters like triborg. You can effectively bring three classic characters back only using one character slot. Sound effects are on point, no idea on the music since MK default setting is -40.

shaowebb

Yo what the shit!? Triborg has the three movesets(sektor/smoke/CYRAX DA GAWD) then outta nowhere the Cyber Sub Zero alt pops up and its a new moveset!?

Yoooooooooooooooo...
PS4 is looking more and more tempting. PC done me wrong, but MKXL and a bunch of the other stuff hitting PS4 is starting to add up for me.

CO_Andy

Personally i think DarkStalkers has the coolest character designs and most interesting world of any fighting franchise. Not even Guilty Gear or Third Strike ever oozed as much style as DS.

I'm sorely going to be disappointed if all the DarkStalkers are good for are Capcom crossover fighters.

The Light

Cyber-Sub! Tri-borg is the best character ever!
Never been so hype for a character to then be reminded kp2 is not coming to pc :/
The thirst is real y'all.

shaowebb

I played Smoke/Sonya in MK9. I played D'vorrah and Liu Kang in MKX till I just couldn't handle the bad Frame rate and multiple issues on PC any longer. If I get the PS4 I'll try hard to play me some Cyber Sub or Cyber Smoke.

EDIT: Hoping for Bo Rai Cho to be fun. I like Drunken boxers but it always bugged me how he was more a fat puking fart joke more than a real Drunken Boxer.

Astarte

nobody cares about darkstalkers or rival schools, just do capcom all stars and put morrigan, bbhood and demitri in.

Oh come on, not even Akira? :[

Honestly makes sense. But people would actually have you believe Mega Man Legends 3 would've sold well.

Legends 3 would have sold like shit (and it's been proven by a hypothetical 100k strong "petition" that didn't fill that quota for a long long time), yeah. But Rival Schools can capture that high school anime fighting game market! All that we need is the willingness of Itsuno to sell out completely and horribly.

Kalamari

SG is my fav american fighting game, I watched some of the finals last night for Frosty Faustings and it was really fun to watch.

he isn't wrong tbh.

at least those chars could be fun in SF4
kttcolimanny

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
It feels like everyday it's going to be reiterated that SFIV will only go away if people stop playing it

ST hasn't gone away
3S hasn't gone away
it'll be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom