• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKai

Neo Member
I prefer controller. Stick is too noisy and an annoyance to use. I like to chill in my bed and just play. Can't do that with a huge ass stick.

notworksafe

The things I yell sometimes when playing online...good lord. It's like the kind of shit you yell at shitty drivers in the car but worse lol

My girlfriend always gives me sideways looks when shit like that happens but I think she's just learning to ignore me

jerry1594

Everything feels more disrespectful and outrageous online.
Yeah, for everyone. I don't know how it is in sf4 but with 3s ranked there's not many regulars, but a few of the ones that remain, especially the bad ones want to make it a dick waving contest. There's even a guy who has made it his XBL career to idle in ranked for the rest of time.

Got bored at work so here's a google sheet. If people want to, they can fill in their information and we can have more people to play online or locally! Huzzah!

If it's dumb then just ignore it.

Any improvements I can make then let me know. Pretty basic atm.

I've seen people posting vids for fireball zoning techniques. Can you post them again so I can pass them to my friend?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOw0bDlt528

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ws7YLLQBPU

Yeah, for everyone. I don't know how it is in sf4 but with 3s ranked there's not many regulars, but a few of the ones that remain, especially the bad ones want to make it a dick waving contest. There's even a guy who has made it his XBL career to idle in ranked for the rest of time.

UFCJim?

I wonder how much people realize how much arcane terms they use? Took me years to get meaty or dp...

They aren't really arcane though. They are still commonly in use and necessary that most intermediate players understand. What else would you call a meaty? There's a glossary for fighting games just like most competitive games.

mbpm1

They aren't really arcane though. They are still commonly in use and necessary that most intermediate players understand. What else would you call a meaty? There's a glossary for fighting games just like most competitive games.

True but you could probably call a lot of terms by a lot of other names

ShinMaruku

They are not arcane to those with their lexicon, I find all competitive games to have silly terms to be fair. But atleast aknownlegde that awping and dping sounds funny.

Line_HTX

Honestly, I didn't know what a meaty was until someone killed me with it one time.

Also, in CSEX one of Tsubaki's trials was very easy until the end and I was confused as to why I couldn't cancel 22C into super. Then my friend said I have to wait and then one frame link the super.

Needless to say, I done learned some FGC terms, haha

mbpm1

Dude in the thread says he's an MA TO and he has no idea what the guy is on about nor where he could be even having problems with.

Probably a well played troll

But would they be any more easy to comprehend? Or would you still have to look it up?

You'd still have to look it up but something like "Wakeup timed attack" might be a little easier to grasp and immediately explain than "meaty". Of course, language rarely follows sense so I'm okay with it.

Took me months into Persona to actually start learning the terminology for that.

Had no idea for a long time what a 236C or anything like that was lol.

Shackzam

Took me months into Persona to actually start learning the terminology for that.

Had no idea for a long time what a 236C or anything like that was lol.
I remember early on when I went to locals and played persona one of the players there started using these terms on me on what I was doing in neutral and I felt so lost as he explained something to me. I really don't like the number system in general.

Dahbomb

CWI5VmHWsAIobFG.jpg

I remember early on when I went to locals and played persona one of the players there started using these terms on me on what I was doing in neutral and I felt so lost as he explained something to me. I really don't like the number system in general.

I also don't care for the numbers. But I like the ABCD terminology, though I'm not sure if KoF and other 4 button fighters use the same terms

I'm ambivalent towards both notation systems. I do find it strange that so many people have trouble with number notation, though. Once someone told me that it's based off the numpad on a keyboard it made perfect sense to me.

I'm ambivalent towards both notation systems. I do find it strange that so many people have trouble with number notation, though. Once someone told me that it's based off the numpad on a keyboard it made perfect sense to me.

I was always told telephone. Either works though.

Edit: Wait. Phones are the other way round, what the fuck am I saying?

ufcgym lol. yeah

I just remember my friend getting REALLY upset about that. Not the matches he did face but UFCGYM. I thought it was funny then a lot funnier when I was watching Max's XBL SF3 videos and also getting upset.

I like the idea of an older guy, not able to make it to his local arcade to lame out the local kids so he buys an Xbox, a couple years of Xbox live cards, and just leaves 3rd strike on. Maybe he will check on it while he puts his kids down or after inviting his neighbors for sunday dinner.

I salute you UFCGYM.

Beckx

I was always told telephone. Either works though.

Edit: Wait. Phones are the other way round, what the fuck am I saying?

I don't think we survived that plane crash guys.

Line_HTX

I also don't care for the numbers. But I like the ABCD terminology, though I'm not sure if KoF and other 4 button fighters use the same terms

KoF also has ABCD.

I like how I had to switch back and forth between Tekken terminology and Persona. That was fun, but now I'm used to both and can easily differentiate.

jerry1594

I just remember my friend getting REALLY upset about that. Not the matches he did face but UFCGYM. I thought it was funny then a lot funnier when I was watching Max's XBL SF3 videos and also getting upset.

I like the idea of an older guy, not able to make it to his local arcade to lame out the local kids so he buys an Xbox, a couple years of Xbox live cards, and just leaves 3rd strike on. Maybe he will check on it while he puts his kids down or after inviting his neighbors for sunday dinner.

I salute you UFCGYM.
Nah most likely he is a troll from for the original Xbox online scene. Apparently the rare times he readies up his connection is bad and he sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom