• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I need a translation, what does that even mean?

Maybe that's kinda the point of it.

Translation: When you're trying to party with your friends and your side man is being a sarcastic dick, which is ruining the mood.

Dude below is like "haha totally" because he doesn't know what a single thing in the above means, but he totally pretends he does.

Much like Stream Monsters.

Nightii

Banned
Because Jin sucks (as a character, his SxT moveset was cool).

No Mishimas in SFV, please....ok, Kazumi can come if she has the tiger.

Sayah

Tekken 7 is gonna look like a CG movie in action. It's crazy.

12390960_10153716968387978_2613906250764855256_n.jpg

12359904_10153716972477978_1882391303146529961_n.jpg

12360416_10153716973962978_7706924088350632026_n.jpg

12346598_10153716974322978_2101064054380079388_n.jpg

Nightii

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";189246605]Poor VF players and their fuzzy guards.[/QUOTE]
Yo, Ryu players and their Tomahawks, am I right?

El Sloth

Banned
Just a heads up, I see on twitter some folks are supposedly managing to get into the beta on PS4 early. Apparently Valle is in right now.

Sayah

I'm trying to imagine how Akuma would look like in SFV and I think his Tekken 7 look would be a clear victor for me. Though, I love SFV's artstyle as well.

gouki02.jpg

I'm not putting down SFV, it looks great and I like the stylized graphics, but I absolutely heart the aesthetic of Tekken 7. Just looks like the complete package to me and I'm highly considering transitioning to stick just for that game.

I admit that if I were the art director for SFV, I would make it more in line with what T7 is going for and make the tone far more serious.

Tekken 7 is gonna look like a CG movie in action. It's crazy.

I only just found out that all those new costumes are the new DEFAULT costumes for those characters!

God damn, after...what, three Tekken games, these characters finally get new default costumes. Here I was thinking that we'd see the same costumes since Tekken 5. I know that Lars got a new one initially, but screw Lars.

I'll be getting Tekken 7 when it hits consoles. I hear Gigas is Gig-ASS in the game...or maybe Gig-average...whatever. Whatever the case, maybe that'll change before release. In any case, I'm looking forward to what new stuff Tekken 7 will be bringing to consoles!

WarRock

I'm trying to imagine how Akuma would look like in SFV and I think his Tekken 7 look would be a clear victor for me. Though, I love SFV's artstyle as well.

gouki02.jpg
Man, if KKZ is an actual move in Tekken 7 and not just a cinematic thing/victory pose...

Nightii

Banned
I don't want to live in a world where Birdie doesn't pull out a giant donut out of his ass.

Tekken 7 does look pretty great, but I don't care much for it's style, which why I get happy when I see the likes of Lucky Chloe and Kuma.

Those new Tekken 7 costumes are great. That Xiaoyu outfit is amazing. Easily the best look she's ever had. It makes me want to play her(but I won't).

It's too bad they didn't all have new default costumes like that a year ago, woulda helped with first impressions.

Tekken is the third best 3d fighter after VF and DOA. They should have gotten Jacky Bryant instead of Akuma, then I'd be willing to play it.

Speaking of 3d fighters, Evil Zone side tourny at EVO pls

DunpealD

I'm not putting down SFV, it looks great and I like the stylized graphics, but I absolutely heart the aesthetic of Tekken 7. Just looks like the complete package to me and I'm highly considering transitioning to stick just for that game.

I admit that if I were the art director for SFV, I would make it more in line with what T7 is going for and make the tone far more serious.

The Tekken franchise has actually been one of the most pad friendly fighters. Iirc, EWGFs are supposedly easier on pad too.
I'd assume that Tekken has a lot more pad players than SFIV for example.

The T7 Akuma stage looks quite good too.

While we are talking about Akuma... is there any reason why Akuma never got his theme back post vanilla SFIV? Every time I hear that Ryu theme remix, when playing Akuma, I have to shake my head.

Nightii

Banned
i feel like sf5 is kinda not stylized enough... def not my fave aesthetic. wish they went more far out with he look.
That's a fair point, and I partly agree, they could have done more with the styling, but I personally still love what they did overall.

Stylization-wise, Nash and Bison are the best they did, while Laura and Ken are the plainest, imo.

I really liked the style and personality that Bengus promo art had. But oh well, makes sense to have them play it safe.
FANG with his face covered in shadows and that evil grin in the game would have been....damn.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Unreal Engine is apparently horrible with hair.

From what I heard, hair takes up a ridiculous amount of processing power if the plan is to make it look realistic as it can be. Not even some high end computers can run a solid 60 fps with settings on max when involving genuine hair physics.

I applied the juicebox info vs juicyebox himself in a guy mirror match!

my footsies dawg!

Juicebox never wanted to face me ;_;

Probably destroy him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom