• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelish

All this sonic fox talk is reminding me about how people wouldn't shut up about justin wong's elena for capcom cup.

Be honest, this isn't about sonic fox. You just want USA to win
i'm not even american bro

i simply want to see sonic fox do well in sfv because everyone has been speculating on how he'll do in a capcom fg as he has only been playing (and dominating) other fighting gamess that people claimed to not be as competitive as street fighter.

Dahbomb

All this sonic fox talk is reminding me about how people wouldn't shut up about justin wong's elena for capcom cup.

Be honest, this isn't about sonic fox. You just want USA to win
Hell yes.

Crack them betas, pick the top tiers, recruit top players from other games, play like scumbags....

DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO!

ShinMaruku

i'm not even american bro

i simply want to see sonic fox do well in sfv because everyone has been speculating on how he'll do in a capcom fg as he has only been playing (and dominating) other fighting gamess that people claimed to not be as competitive as street fighter.
The only people who said mkx is not as competitive as sf are the same people who said if a game is solid they'd play it then go 'Ew anime' those people are hits and should never be listened to.

Tripon

I'm thinking the MGM Grand might be the optimal place to stay for Evo this year. It's the closest hotel to the Mandalay Bay that's also on the monorail line. Additionally, it's a legit hotel with legit rooms (unlike Westgate) but it's not overly expensive, iirc.

For a cheaper option between LVCC and Mandalay, maybe The LINQ (formerly The Quad, formerly Imperial Palace) might be a good choice? It's on the monorail and I think only one stop south of LVCC. Also Hash House A-Go-Go is in the building.
The imperial palace was the worst place ever.

shaowebb

Decided to try out a little bit of Chaos Code today. Not sure how I feel on it. At times it feels pure jank then others all the cancel options come together and it feels like a real game. Probably just a character thing I guess. Has a LOT of jump cancel options and other cancels though. Some probably rely on them more than others.

So far the only choice things of note I'm seeing is a mechanic that lets you spend meter during super to cancel out of it and go back to neutral in case you wanna extend or in case you fucked up, and also Hikaru's zoning and qcb+p move. He has swooping fireballs that hit mid and start at chest height swoop to the floor then swoop up past head. Pretty good tool. The QCB+P move has him invincibly dash back and then dash forward into either a wallbounce attack or a low depending on what you hit as a followup. This was a douchey tool to use after a knockdown to force wakeups to whif and blow em up. It also blew up counter attempts in a string and would be useful if it ever ran into a pushblock in another game.

Other than that so far...meh. Dont see this ever getting its online mode or another port to steam. Especially with those awful load times between matches or losses. Really needs a retry option. Kinda neat you can do the Rising Thunder thing of equip different specials and supers extra before a match and then choose run or hop though.

Here's some footage if you're curious

Marz

That's because they make blazblue type characters and hope they work well in guilty gear.

Johnny is not a BB type character.

Also dont see why Johnny would be ahead of Millia and Zato on the tier list. He doesnt seem near as strong.

shaowebb

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/chaos-code-new-sign-catastrophe-announced-ps4

Maybe the PS4 version will have online?

I like the game. Kagari and Cthylla are so fun to play.

I enjoyed Hikaru and Cait/Sith, but couldn't Hermes at all. She seemed heavily reliant on jump cancel combos and zoning. Still learning though...I think it must be a game where you cancel often and fish for that xfactor like mode to get extended combos and heals. Pretty new to me so I'm not 100% certain how I should be using all my toolset. I had the same initial problems with Dengeki till I got the rhythm down of neutral bursting often to fuel meter and replenish trump states.

Hikaru felt like a great rekka character though. I dig that his light kick rekka and heavy kick button rekka were different. Thats pretty nice.

If it comes to PS4 I sincerely hope they learned from last time and add in online. That hurt it a ton same as Blade Arcus. A sequel that adds netplay though...yeah I could see that warranting ports and steam eventually.

vocab

I'm not talking about johnny or jam. Why would I? Shadowsoilder said new characters.

Jam and Johnny are in their respective spots because the game is slowed down to their advantage/disadvantage.

vocab

are you saying the only reason jack-o isnt trash or broken is because shes using BB style play?

I don't have an opinion on the character so I can't say. Xrd has an extremely fucked up sense of what makes a character good, and how easy it is to play the character and get wins with them. That's why elphelt and Leo are fucking retarded. For every Bedman, they can make 4 quick gorillas.

I don't have an opinion on the character so I can't say. Xrd has an extremely fucked up sense of what makes a character good, and how easy it is to play the character. That's why elphelt and Leo are fucking retarded.
im still not sure why you responded with a BB reference to my comment about jam and johnny being trash/broken

Beckx

Does the Steam version of SFV unlock the beta for your library as soon as you purchase it?

I mean that's what I'm hoping

tbh I may try to main Chandelure just because it's a gd chandelier, has no limbs, and burns the souls of sad people for fuel. The only thing that could possibly be better would be if they add washing machine Rotom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom