• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Sloth

Banned
Man fight stick is such a stupid term. You can use them for more than 1 game though, and to play shmups and 2d console games if you're a weirdo.
I'm that weirdo.

I also like using my arcade stick when playing the Binding of Isaac.
Come on now Professor, you know it's not the same. Even on Xbox one you can use the fight stick with KI, MKX, and BB. Plus most work on PC as well.
??

It's just a wired controller with a dpad. Of course you'll be able to use it on more games if you want.

Beckx

Dreaming that Tobal 3 is announced and comes with a demo of Final Fantasy VII remake pt 1.

And this time the dungeon exploration mode allows for "invasions" like Dark Souls.

The fighting game gods aren't that kind. Or not that powerful anymore.

Arcade sticks works great for old school type games, shmups, Contra, TMNT, Streets of Rage, etc...

Edit: wait, doesn't Binding of Isaac need two sticks?!

sega-twinstick-360-maybe-580.jpg

NEO0MJ

Arcade sticks works great for old school type games, shmups, Contra, TMNT, Streets of Rage, etc...

Edit: wait, doesn't Binding of Isaac need two sticks?!

Which is why I was so surprised. I mean playing something like Metal Slug X, Double Dragon Neo, Ikaruga, sure. But binding feels like a bad fit. The buttons aren't even arranged in a comfortable way for that.

I wish I could play this online ;-;

Tripon

Hori FC4 $35 on amazon right now. Get it if you are a pad warrior or thinking of doing a cheapish padhack for your stick.

HOLY SHIT, THE PATCH TODAY MIGHT JUST FIX MEWTWO.
F-Smash
Hitbox 0 (non-sweetspot) damage 15.0 -> 16.0
Hitbox 0 size 2.0 -> 3.0
Fair
Hits on frame 7 -> 6
Hitbox moved 1 unit forward?
Bair
Hitbox 0 moved to a different bone, position adjusted, size 5.1 -> 5.5
Uair
Hitbox 1 damage 9.0 -> 10.0
Hitbox 2 damage 7.5 -> 9.0
All hitboxes KBG 100 -> 97
All hitboxes BKB 0 -> 40
Hitbox 0 size 4.7 -> 5.0
Hitbox 1 size 3.9 -> 4.5
Hitbox 2 size 3.1 -> 4.0
Dair
Hitboxes moved down one unit
Hitbox duration 2 -> 4 frames
Side Special
Unknown Grab Box parameters increased (could be size or positioning)
D-Throw
Angle 69 -> 74

Skilletor

Man fight stick is such a stupid term. You can use them for more than 1 game though, and to play shmups and 2d console games if you're a weirdo.

It's an arcade stick to me. I use it to play MAME, fighting games, Contra Hard Corps (fucking amazing with a stick).

I'm kind of sad Dragon's crown uses the analog, because that would be great on a stick. :/

jerry1594

It's a big controller with fun button pressing and microswitch activation. Thinking about it that way I kind of want american buttons now because those were the most fun to press :p

vulva

That's pretty much exactly what it is, considering it's what the arcade machines use. This is just a fan service for people who are already more comfortable playing on it.
Does that mean it has lots of boobs n butt?

Gaf has me confused on so many terms now.

notworksafe

yes it used to mean t&a but it also meant a general "giving fans what they want" which included t&a, graphic violence, sweet robots, etc. now it just means t&a

yes, "fan service" as a term now just means t&a. goddamn millennials.

Whatchoo talkin about dude?

Shit been like this for literally two decades. In Evangelion chick flat out says "don't forget the fan serviiiiice" in a 4th wall breaking moment where you see her cleavage.

It's evolved from that entire scene.

yes it used to mean t&a but it also meant a general "giving fans what they want" which included t&a, graphic violence, sweet robots, etc. now it just means t&a

I see what you mean. You should definitely be blaming Anno.

Shit been like this for literally two decades. In Evangelion chick flat out says "don't forget the fan serviiiiice" in a 4th wall breaking moment where you see her cleavage.

It was directed at the main character, it wasn't really 4th wall breaking. Now the next episode previews that always ended with "service service" are closer to that.

But this is more of a case that anime fans didn't have the cultural context for the term, so they just ended up understanding it in the constrained context of what they saw.

Tripon

Shinji today would be a 30s something hipster decrying how bad fighting games are today and saying KoF 95 and ST are where its at.

jbug617

Banned
Shadowloo Showdown is done.
Shadowloo Showdown was founded in 2010 by a group of friends that shared a strong passion for fighting games.
The first SS was an ambitious project, one that was miraculously planned and executed within a span of a month. The mission of the project was simple; to provide an avenue where the Australian fighting community is given the opportunities to not only rise up and challenge the best players in the world; but to also showcase the talent in which we firmly believe our region could provide.
A tournament of this scale and ambition obviously requires a significant devotion in time and resource management. Each year it just becomes increasingly more difficult to support and sustain. There were many challengers and obstacles along the way, but it was overcoming these challenges which made the journey for us ever more satisfying. Running Shadowloo Showdown for 6 years straight is our pride and joy.

As the saying goes though all good things must eventually come to an end and for Shadowloo Showdown, It is with a heavy heart what we must announce that time is upon us for reasons unfortunately out of our control.
We'd personally like to thank each and every single one of you, from the supporters, stream monsters, spectators, the thousands of competitors, our incredible team and many more along the way. We especially would like to thank every single sponsor that has been with us throughout the years. Our event would simply not have lasted this long without you – with special thanks to Avermedia, BenQ and Razer for sticking with us until the very end.

This however will not be the end of ShadowLogic though and we'll be making some announcements in the near future. For now, it's thank you, take care and good bye.

I remember trying to beat HDR on the hardest level for an achievement or something

I tried everything and couldn't beat Akuma/Bison :/
I always knew that Akuma was purposely busted in ST, but I did not fully comprehend it until I tried fighting him as Hawk. I don't remember how much time I spent trying and failing, but I do know my general confidence went down afterwards.

I always knew that Akuma was purposely busted in ST, but I did not fully comprehend it until I tried fighting him as Hawk. I don't remember how much time I spent trying and failing, but I do know my general confidence went down afterwards.

I just put Blanka electricity on turbo and prayed fam

Nightii

Banned
Seems like dataminers haven't found any substantial changes to custom moves overall in the Smash 4 update, I guess I will have to hold my hopes for Smash 5 and settle for games that let me choose stuff like Supers and Assists.

*sigh*

I remember trying to beat HDR on the hardest level for an achievement or something

I tried everything and couldn't beat Akuma/Bison :/

I just always get frustrated and flustered by its perfect defense and whiff punishing, and do what I do when I get panicked in fighting games and go for hard reads. Then I realize I'm trying to next-level a robot who has infinite patience, and get next-next-level mindfucked.

Dahbomb

Don't they all? I always assumed all fightting game AIs read inputs and perform at a frame perfect level when on the max difficulty setting.
I haven't played every fighting game on max difficulty but those that are really difficult are difficult because the CPU reads your inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom