• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightii

Banned
So, the wired Pokken pad for the Wii U...

img_01.png

3480 Yen. March 18th 2016 release.

At least it's wired and not as weirdly wide as the arcade one? I'm not going to completely write it off until I get to try it, but it's still odd.

Dahbomb

I'm not putting down SFV, it looks great and I like the stylized graphics, but I absolutely heart the aesthetic of Tekken 7. Just looks like the complete package to me and I'm highly considering transitioning to stick just for that game.

I admit that if I were the art director for SFV, I would make it more in line with what T7 is going for and make the tone far more serious.
Tekken plays perfectly fine on pad, many people prefer it even. I would actually say that it's more pad friendly than SF4 is.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I figured out why I thought SFV was bland, I've only picked Ryu out of habit in training mode lol, tried out Necalli and R. Mika, much better. I wanna get my hands on Ken and Birdie. Gonna pretty much master every character first week the game comes out.

i won first one, then he said i won cause of this games whack ass mechanics.

i ran it back and concentrated on proper footsies and punishes and let go of my usual JUST DO IT ™ attitude.

1-1 record >_>

Pretty much what Anne tells me when we're playing, difference is Anne only says it when I lose lol, unblockables are stupid.

Nope, it's just that the resources for good realistic hair isn't worth it with this level of hardware:

I need a full head of hair like that. Being cursed with curly hair has been my downfall as a Hispanic.

notworksafe

MiniBossBattle (and whoever else), the HRAP4 is under $130. It might be time to grab one soon, it's been slowly and steadily dropping again.

Shun

Tekken plays perfectly fine on pad, many people prefer it even. I would actually say that it's more pad friendly than SF4 is.

i def think that tekken is considerably easier on pad or hitbox than stick.
Can you sutesute or yamasute on a controller in Tekken easier?

I've always had stick so no idea if it is difficult or possible to do on controller. It seems like you would murder thumbs doing it.

ShinMaruku

Perfect end to a evening, had a great match with a 20+ winstreak guy with me winning them mopping the lobby from some close games. :)

kirblar

No one got touched balance-wise in Revelator, which was actually cool to see- it helps reduce the issues with the US not having the new characters.

So I stopped playing Fighting Games seriously after Final Round and after playing the SFV beta during the stress test and found myself playing Fighting Games again. So I decided it would be cool if I recorded myself reintroducing myself to concepts like footsies spacing and really just analyzing my play in multiple games to get back to how played around March and get exponentially better by March 2016.

Here's like the first video: Enjoy

Any general FG advice would be welcome and I'm covering TTT2(main game thus the first video), MKX, USF4(just learning the basics of SF here nothing too important), SFV(first SF I'm gonna try and be competitive in) and maybe some other FGs to see what I can pick up from them as well.

Got up to 2.4k PP in USFIV on Steam last night. Behold my power.

Need that SFV though. It's hard not to feel like I'm just wasting time playing more SFIV at this point even though I love the game.

Torpy

Neo Member
So, how do you guys feel about Pokken getting its own controller that probably won't be used for anything else?

I have a gamecube controller just for smash so why not, as long as it feels nice.

Also anyone from Australia? Looking for some practice partners for guilty gear.

So apparently Marvelous is releasing Nitro Blasters in the EU in Q1 2016.

Guess i'll pick it up. Might not have imported it as i'm not that excited for it, but if i can just get it over here? Sure, why not.

jerry1594

Man fight stick is such a stupid term. You can use them for more than 1 game though, and to play shmups and 2d console games if you're a weirdo.

NEO0MJ

I have a gamecube controller just for smash so why not, as long as it feels nice.

Also anyone from Australia? Looking for some practice partners for guilty gear.

The GC controller has more use since you can use with the Gamecube and Wii.

And I don't think anyone wants to play with a venomous spider, sorry :(

so its like a fight stick then

Come on now Professor, you know it's not the same. Even on Xbox one you can use the fight stick with KI, MKX, and BB. Plus most work on PC as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom