• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckx

welp, steam SFV beta installed and ready for the weekend

also ya'll should try Sunless Sea because it's on a free weekend right now and it's amazing. (assuming you like exploration/adventure and don't mind reading a lot)

shaowebb

Games can not play like Marvel and still be fun

I know that, I'm just not certain I can even classify a genre for that title. It always felt more like a beat em up sorta thing to me. Though I suppose it sorta fits a 2d isometric Power Stone sorta thing. The beat em up-ish odd hit boxes always made me think Beatem up though. You know when you walk up and down throwing shots trying to see if you are close enough on the screen to the enemy walking above you to hit em in a beatem up? It had that a lot. Thats just sorta why it never registered as a fighter to me.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I think beef is trying to say the more and more tech that was found in the game the less fun he had with it or something. 300 hours is nothing in fighting game land, specially when it's a brand new title.

WarRock

The handheld game that was a weird isometric 2d virtual on with the bad detection sorta hit boxes that felt like a beatem up?

I'm not exactly certain that counts...
I don't remember hit detection being bad at all. Though Gamma's explosion was hilariously huge.

Manbig

This is more or less where I'm headed. I wouldn't expect people to casually browse a specific twitch archive. The issue is post-production. I have zero video-editing knowledge, little time, and I'm pretty sure I wont be able to find someone who wants to do it for free.

My plan in the interim is to have a planned segment on my stream (for example, the neutral game in Ken vs Karin) then cut it out and youtube it.

If what you're looking for is just editing together some footage into one package, I wouldn't mind giving you a hand with that.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Initial impression of Room was fairly good but... I don't know, I thought some of the later dramatic moments felt manipulative. I get really uncomfortable when the music picks up and I think the movie is trying to hard to get this cold 3D heart to feel something.

I think Anomalisa was more immediately gratifying, and presented more obvious things that needed stewing on. Maybe I'll feel differently after some time passes though.

Skab

Alright, got my Evo room booked. Nothing is stopping me from going this year, damn it.

Now to begin my harassment of friends to try and find someone to come with me.

Dlent

Marvel was never fun without a local scene. Unless stream monstering counts, but that seems more like being entertained by commentators just screaming memes rather than the game itself.

Skab

So, you guys should watch last nights UltraChen show about the KI cup this weekend.

Does a really good job explaining the neutral game in KI, and generally just gives good info about the game. Really recommend it.

http://www.twitch.tv/ultrachentv/v/38115542

(6 min mark is where the neutral game stuff gets talked about.)

Also Tokido is playing KI now, and apparently taking it seriously enough that he wants to/is aiming to win Evo.

vulva

dude next to me in class is spectating 3s matches on fightcade. What do I do GAF? Do I become best friends with him or avoid talking to him. This is week 4 of class and I've never even said hi so idk what to do. Did I miss my chance and can no longer approach him?
Initial impression of Room was fairly good but... I don't know, I thought some of the later dramatic moments felt manipulative. I get really uncomfortable when the music picks up and I think the movie is trying to hard to get this cold 3D heart to feel something.

I think Anomalisa was more immediately gratifying, and presented more obvious things that needed stewing on. Maybe I'll feel differently after some time passes though.

yeah but that escape scene had my ass clenched so tight.

Also I loved the insane questions the interviewer was asking her. It was no Grandma but the movie was pretty good I think.

Anne

dude next to me in class is spectating 3s matches on fightcade. What do I do GAF? Do I become best friends with him or avoid talking to him. This is week 4 of class and I've never even said hi so idk what to do. Did I miss my chance and can no longer approach him?

"Hey baby, I got out of pools at Evo in winners, I'm a top Chun Li. You wanna get some coffee?"

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Hahaha, that could either work out brilliantly or badly. If it were me, I'd probably try to talk to him without giving away how much I know about fighting games at first lol. Just to test the waters.

Beta starts in 4.5 hours I think. It says it starts on the 29th at 15:00 which is the 28th at 10 pm pacific time.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfv/

edit: It doesn't seem like it specifies that Japan gets it earlier, so I would assume that's the time for everybody to take part in the 4th beta.

Mizerman

Hmm...

Sounds like you could go up and enter a light chat with him. See where that goes.

Also I loved the insane questions the interviewer was asking her. It was no Grandma but the movie was pretty good I think.

ask him his tag on fightcade and join him a few rounds!

Zissou

Yes it would. What kind of question is that? This has to be a devil's advocate question.

It's not that it's exclusive to a Sony console, it's that it's exclusive to PS4 versus being exclusive to Wii U. Far less Wii Us out there than PS4. 3rd party games tend to do worse on Nintendo consoles anyway, that's how it has been since the GameCube era. It's why TvC was a flop, if it was a PS3 exclusive it would've done better (not by that much but still reasonably so).

Right now based on how the market is panning out... if Capcom were forced to partner up with one of the 3 consoles to make their game on due to cost problems... then they picked the best option. Of course the actual best option is to put it out on as many consoles as possible but if you need the money hats then for them Sony was the best option.

There is a benefit to the exclusivity deal (aside from the Sony money) that I think people overlook though: unified playerbase. Capcom is aiming at developing SFV as an e-sport, and having everybody be able to play everybody is a pretty big deal, IMO. It'd be weird if you and your friend were both into LoL but you couldn't play together because somebody had a mac version or something, right? Whether the positive of a unified playerbase outweighs the potential earnings of an xbone version or whatever is something we'll never know, but playerbase unification is important to some degree.

Horseress

Ask him if he has the physical copy of the game and if he doesn't call the cops

#FGCAgainstPiracy

Ask him if he's excited about Pokken being at EVO.

"Hey baby, I got out of pools at Evo in winners, I'm a top Chun Li. You wanna get some coffee?"

You wanna see my sticks?

Kalamari

You need to be careful here, Vulva, don't scare him away. Whatever you do, don't tell him you post on NeoGAF.

Keep it simple and direct, like "hey, you play on fightcade, what's your tag." Use those exact words, nothing more, nothing less. You don't want to come off as creepy or needy. And use good posture, it projects confidence.

If you end up playing him and crush him, he will have a new respect for you and follow you around like a puppy.

WarRock

First time I was living by my own, I was seeing some people off when I heard some familiar sounds in the first floor of the building. Started wandering the corridor and saw a guy playing vanilla SF IV against the CPU with his apartment door open.

Said hi and played a couple of matches =P

vulva

First time I was living by my own, I was seeing some people off when I heard some familiar sounds in the first floor of the building. Started wandering the corridor and saw a guy playing vanilla SF IV against the CPU with his apartment door open.

Said hi and played a couple of matches =P

you absolute mad man

I don't understand what that means but it sounds illegal

if you don't want him to fall in love immediately you can just casually tell him that you're looking for a local group to play 3S with and if he knows if there is one. It's a real life option select since it doesn't put any pressure on him to play with you but you still get to show that you have a shared interest

or you can challenge him to a money match and he immediately either becomes your friend or your bitch

Skilletor

Almost 18 years ago, I saw a dude on the bus reading an EGM or Gamepro about the original MGS. I had the import version, so I started talking to him about it.

He's one of my best friends to this day.

Ask him what his favorite ASW game is.

tumblr_o1n7eetpVN1rt5cvco1_540.jpg

mbpm1

This one is easy. Follow three simple steps

1) Lean over casually
2) Whisper in his ear, "3S isn't a real Street Fighter game and Fightcade is piracy I hope you know that"
3) Lean back, satisfied that your work is done

vulva

I'm dropping out of my program and starting a new major instead... again. can't wait to be in the graduating class of 2021!

Kalamari

When I have nothing else to do, I go to the pool hall and sit at the bar with the drunk people, we talk about whatever and it's cool. They probably think I am weird though because I really don't fit in with the clientele, but I dgaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom