• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
yo this be some bullshit.

nice kind of bullshit but stil.

i had my schedule set to finish my grad HW and a test by tonight so i could enjoy a nice weeken of sv5 beta-ing. now this just throws me off like nobody's business.

how can i concentrate on my studies and work when people are in the beta NOT getting dat bidness from RockTurtle?

Man, the netcode in the Sf5 beta has been awful for me so far. One good match and the rest is all shite.

Waaaay too much teleporting so i can't see anything. Does Capcom not know that if the connection is bad enough you have to spread the awfulness over both the rollback -and- the input delay for a more playable experience.. ?

Beckx

Murata (One Punch Man manga artist) is doing SF character sketches.

---

man. I don't think I'll ever overcome my fundamental weakness in competitive gaming. No matter the game, no matter the opponent, no matter the training, once the match begins I panic and play like my hair is on fire. (I have a fun most every match and I love the excitement of competitive play, it's not a bad anxiety thing.)

pixelish

sfv esports season starting in less than a month!
not sure how i feel about it though since the players only have less than two weeks to prepare before the tournament

Capcom Fighters ‏@CapcomFighters 11m
We’re pleased to announce that Cannes Winter Clash (Feb 26-28) will be the first EU Ranking event on the CPT 2016.

Beckx

new TMNT game has a great title

what's the title again?

I saw the leaked trailer and it looked sooo good.

I need to read these hardbacks of the Eastman/Laird original run sometime soon. It's been like 20 years since I read the originals. Those first comics were so badass back in the day compared to all the crap coming from Marvel/DC at the time.

not sure how i feel about it though since the players only have less than two weeks to prepare before the tournament

that's the best time though.

BadWolf

Meh, no point in waiting for the players to get good.

The faster it starts the more the players will want to improve quickly.

Kalamari

Getting matched up with JPs is not fair!

Also, if the game launches without a lobby system, players are gonna be really unhappy.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
what's the title again?

I saw the leaked trailer and it looked sooo good.

I need to read these hardbacks of the Eastman/Laird original run sometime soon. It's been like 20 years since I read the originals. Those first comics were so badass back in the day compared to all the crap coming from Marvel/DC at the time.

that's the best time though.
mutants in manhattan

sounds like it belongs on the genesis

Any FGW cats on PCSX2?

If so, any way to make VF4 Evo not look like ass? Even at 6x or 8x native resolution It's blurry af. I have to assume it's thanks to some kind of realtime deinterlacing of an interlaced source image. I can mash F5 until the deinterlacing filter goes away, but it still looks like ass cuz it's fuckin interlaced. I know the game is only 480i but there's gotta be a way to hex edit to force progressive scan, right?

I mean, this is just a silly novelty, but It's the only way I'll be playing as Vanessa in a VF game on PC :(.

FS pls sega

when's daigo

Lupe money match

pixelish

Any FGW cats on PCSX2?

If so, any way to make VF4 Evo not look like ass? Even at 6x or 8x native resolution It's blurry af. I have to assume it's thanks to some kind of realtime deinterlacing of an interlaced source image. I can mash F5 until the deinterlacing filter goes away, but it still looks like ass cuz it's fuckin interlaced. I know the game is only 480i but there's gotta be a way to hex edit to force progressive scan, right?

I mean, this is just a silly novelty, but It's the only way I'll be playing as Vanessa in a VF game on PC :(.

FS pls sega
this is relevant to my interest.
i have been trying to make the game work on pcsx2 as well but aside from training mode, every other mode was still laggy as hell. :(

Numb

Damn Laura is so fun. The execution barrier is almost non-existent to play a decent Laura. Can't wait to see the tech people develop for her.
Lost to some and don't know how
They are pressing all these weird things. Gotta learn her to know what's up
It's all about her drop kick. It's crazy good.
Indeed
Really glad she got her midscreen irish whip wall bounce combo too
Will still play her but she ain't Vega who is everywhere all the time. Randomly hitting people through their fireballs with the V-skill is the best feeling

Lost to some and don't know how
They are pressing all these weird things. Gotta learn her to know what's up

She's a weirdo, but when you spend some time with her, she's actually pretty simple. She's mixup heavy so you really can't let her get going.

I've been bodied by people that know how to play footsies really well, especially with characters like Chun who's probably her worst mu

I was too busy laughing anyways lol

Sometimes I forget that people on GAF are used to me not liking "sacred cows" like FF4/6, etc, so when people I know IRL hear that I don't like them for the first time I just get shocked reactions.
It's all good until you insult Melee. Then even I'll pop that V-trigger.
I suck at all fighters. Lab play and match play are two different beasts. Plus with work, my own stuff, and how many fighters I'm digging through and taking notes on I dont exactly practice enough to be good at anything I know I should be doing in any of them lol.

There are e-sports players and sports analysts I guess lol.

Anyhow, I'm shaowebb on both steam and PSN. Hit me up sometime. We can both suck. Might wanna leave the quick reference chart open though. Too much shit to memorize at the arcana select screen otherwise.
I'll take your advice on the arcana. The game gets so little play from me that I eventually end up forgetting the specific strategies I came up with anyway. I'll even pick Heart Aino for max pinkness.
I think beef is trying to say the more and more tech that was found in the game the less fun he had with it or something. 300 hours is nothing in fighting game land, specially when it's a brand new title.
MvC3 wears on a man's soul even in victory sometimes.
dude next to me in class is spectating 3s matches on fightcade. What do I do GAF? Do I become best friends with him or avoid talking to him. This is week 4 of class and I've never even said hi so idk what to do. Did I miss my chance and can no longer approach him?

yeah but that escape scene had my ass clenched so tight.

Also I loved the insane questions the interviewer was asking her. It was no Grandma but the movie was pretty good I think.
I know I'm late, but spy on him some more, figure out his main, proceed to the front of the classroom and do their 3S taunt animation. Then proceed to yell "I want you!" loudly in Apollo Creed fashion while pointing directly at them. Trust me, this will work.
It's definitely the on board graphics holding you back. Even a low end dedicated card will run circles around it, sadly.

I think maintaining 60fps is unnecessary in most genres, but it's a must in fighters. I question how optimized the PC port is with this in mind.
I need to know just how low the requirements are for laptops. A 950M being good enough for mid settings would be sweet.
Man, the netcode in the Sf5 beta has been awful for me so far. One good match and the rest is all shite.

Waaaay too much teleporting so i can't see anything. Does Capcom not know that if the connection is bad enough you have to spread the awfulness over both the rollback -and- the input delay for a more playable experience.. ?
Change your netcode preferences to 3-5. No per-match delay settings has the potential to make a horrible exprience out of high ping matches.
I think I might go to Vega. Really unhappy with the current state of Bison.
I must have played over thirty matches and I didn't encounter a single Vega or Zangief. Even Dhalsim got two or three players.

Numb

She's a weirdo, but when you spend some time with her, she's actually pretty simple. She's mixup heavy so you really can't let her get going.

I've been bodied by people that know how to play footsies really well, especially with characters like Chun who's probably her worst mu

Watching her too
Facing her is the weird especially this early. Not having issues with the rest tho
Getting bodied cos of the lack of throwing throws at people who love blocking. Easy to work on that tho

Change your netcode preferences to 3-5. No per-match delay settings has the potential to make a horrible exprience out of high ping matches.

That's what i had it on! And it was still a constant shit show.

Weirdly, it's been fairly great since then. Perhaps they really are turning the knobs on the back end.

Thulius

Explain to me how drop kick is good cause all I ever do is interupt it or neutral jump/backdash and punish it. Not to mention it is a free Alpha Counter on block. It's like saying Nash's Moonsault is good.

It's "good" right now because most people are bad and don't react to the startup, but yeah. It's super unsafe to throw out randomly and loses to basically anything but blocking. Chun can just low profile it with cr.MK and punish with a full combo.

It's pretty solid at about max uncharged range since you can threaten releasing it early and a full charge will catch backdashes, but it shouldn't be your go-to approach option.

Beckx

I think I might go to Vega. Really unhappy with the current state of Bison.

He's really, really weird. I think I'm going to move my focus elsewhere, I played Bison (and Hakan) in SFIV because his game never revolved around long B&Bs but that's no longer really an issue in SFV.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Any FGW cats on PCSX2?

FS pls sega

Lupe money match

this is relevant to my interest.
i have been trying to make the game work on pcsx2 as well but aside from training mode, every other mode was still laggy as hell. :(
ps2 or bust sadly. lmk if you need a copy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom