• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigmaah

I hate playing Vega with a pad son. I be fucking up my inputs and combos cause I be getting confused af with the button layout.

shaowebb

And tracks like this DO NOT make good training mode music.

https://soundcloud.com/cerebrawlin/2-mello-training-room-cerebrawl-ost

Oh man. I missed that one. Okay I actually enjoyed the first one you had in your post, but the one that I quoted is terrible and in the lab I'd blow my own head off. They did say they were being completely open to the public though so maybe folks should hit them with some feedback sometime on stuff like this. Help em dodge a bullet or two.

petghost

Banned
That cerebrawl music is pretty cool man. Only problem is that it's a short loop which yeah I guess would get irritating for hours on end. Q just can't handle syncopation.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Just pretend This is your training mode theme instead...and try not to mash afterwards ;)

That's bad training mode music too xD Too intense and chaotic, that's fighting music. Training mode music needs a solid fluid rhythm that is consistent and pleasing to the ear for long periods of time *if it can be helped*. It needs to be your metronome for learning the rhythm of the game.

While the SF4 training music isn't not exactly pleasing to the ear it is a great example of consistent steady rhythm.

Capcom is actually pretty top tier when it comes to training mode tracks in general.

shaowebb

That's bad training mode music too xD Too intense and chaotic, that's fighting music. Training mode music needs a solid fluid rhythm that is consistent and pleasing to the ear for long periods of time *if it can be helped*. It needs to be your metronome for learning the rhythm of the game.

While the SF4 training music isn't not exactly pleasing to the ear it is a great example of consistent steady rhythm.

Capcom is actually pretty top tier when it comes to training mode tracks in general.

So you're saying I shouldn't keep training to the Power Rangers theme song?

shaowebb

If that works for you go for it xD

I've been using this myself recently.

Everyone has their own stuff they like that helps get them in the mood as well :p

I generally practice to Power Rangers theme, The Hentai Kamen theme "emotions", or Jade Penetrate Black Package Intersect Thunderbolt.

Say what you will about that second one, but its awesome. Man with a Mission is a great band from japan and Hentai Kamen is fucking hilarious. My music that chills me out is generally from something Bullethell or Tokusatsu. I just relax when enjoying either.

EDIT: When I do art though its a different story. I generally use a LOT of Pink Floyd, synthwave 80s stuff, or just pure 80s stuff like Pat Benatar. Occassionally I swap out for VNV Nation.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
cerebrawl showed up within hours of the beasts fury guy closing up shop (and not refunding anyone from his 5 fundraisers)

xfiles theme

ShinMaruku

When I see indies trying to make a fighter, I laugh.
Mainly because I don't think those on the indie side have the idea of how to make the game really work unless they are one of the fighting game scientists.

oneida

When I see indies trying to make a fighter, I laugh.
i thought that the one which was made to look like it was being played on a neogeo pocket looked cool. iirc it had some visual representation of frame advantage which is something id love to see a fg try.

ShinMaruku

i thought that the one which was made to look like it was being played on a neogeo pocket looked cool. iirc it had some visual representation of frame advantage which is something id love to see a fg try.

That would be something great to see happen. Was it a doujin game or western indie?

oneida

『Inaba Resident』;193704782 said:
nah its been around for a while.
u rite for some reason i thought the day that thread went up was the day the campaign launched

shaowebb

cerebrawl showed up within hours of the beasts fury guy closing up shop (and not refunding anyone from his 5 fundraisers)

xfiles theme

Funny you should mention Cerebrawl and Beast's Fury. In their Reddit conversations someone brought up Beast's Fury as an example of what NOT to do and here was their response.

cerebrawl said:
Yep, we know about Beast's Fury. We have had contact with their team though we have no plans on working with them.

They have a very solid perspective of stuff. They plan on trying to find a publisher because if you fail a kickstarter its an unreparable black mark, but you can try hundreds of times over to get a publisher to back you and its fine (paraphrasing their own words here). Plus this way IMO you don't put anyone at risk or make them feel like you promised them more than you ever actually did.

They're being up front and honest and protecting both the public and themselves this way so I hope they make it. They seem to have some real integrity and talent. I feel bad for that dude with the "38 studios" in his job history. I tried applying in there right before the controversy and collapse happened. It was fucking heartbreaking seeing them fall apart. Glad to see someone survived and is working on something dear to them again.

Holy shit, some of these Bison nerfs:

1) Forward Throw - Stun 150 -> 170.
2) Back Throw - Stun 150 -> 200.
3) V-Reversal - On block -3 -> -2.
4) V-Skill - Upper body hurtbox reduced significantly during startup. Head area hurtbox reduced during active.
5) Critical Art - Last hit damage 260 -> 270. Total damage 330 -> 340.
5) Standing MK - Damage 70 -> 60, hurtbox retracts 1F sooner.
6) Standing HP - Hurtbox moved backwards during later recovery frames.
7) Crouching Cr.HP damage (base) 90->100. Optimal damage for VTC cobmos now uses Cr.HP VTC S.HP instead of S.HP Scissors HK Cr.MP.
7) Jumping HP - Hurtbox slightly expanded downwards.
8) Jumping HK - Hurtbox moved downward.
9) Psychoblast LP,MP and HP (non-VT) - Hitbox expanded horizontally. Has longer reach.
10) Double Knee Press (Scissor Kick) All non-ex versions - Juggle Potential reduced.
11) Headpress, EX Headpress and VT Headpress no longer OTG.
12) VT-Headpress - In counterhit state 2F longer (?)
13) During V-Trigger, if you can cancel a normal into any special, no charge is required.
14) VT Inferno now completes its animation before transitioning into another EX special, disabling the possibility of VT Inferno comboing into VT EX Headpress on the ground. Hell Attack -> Inferno -> EX Headpress still works.

No more OTG, V-Trigger combos nerfed, and no more Knee Press juggles? These are hardly factors in matches. It was just swag that got killed. :-(

mbpm1

Fuck Zangeif is scary in SFV

Went online and nobody could really fight me using him in a lame sort of style

Start of the round air spd got everyone at least once

Got bored and switched to Rashid, he's pretty fun. I don't know how to AA with him and my combos need work but he's fun

pixelish

does anyone know what time sfv will be shown on taipei game show? i saw some players like poongko and momochi tweeting that they're there to showcase the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom