• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how to get offense without the opponent doing something stupid. I don't have any gimmicks yet. Playing Gief and Sim so far.

Edit: wife doesn't like Laura's low cut halter top but likes that she is multiethnic.

BadWolf

Finally played it today, put a ton of hours in straight.

I'm so used to waiting forever for someone to join my game in KOF, it took like 20 seconds max all day for an opponent to join in SFV for me. It was beautiful.

Edit: wife doesn't like Laura's low cut halter top but likes that she is multiethnic.

Wait till she sees the alt.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yea im sure with sfv dropping Justin will be all over Pokken

He must be lying then since he said it on his stream five minutes prior to my post. Or the fact he's done good in the pre-release tournament. Or the fact it's mostly similar to the Naruto fighting games and he has a history of streaming them and playing at a high level. Or him being top 3 most diversified fighting game player in history. Mostly of all the game is going to have it's own Capcom Cup style tournament with lots of $$$$$ and Justin loves $$$$$.

Is anyone else...more calm when playing SFV compared to IV?

SF4 is the worst salt generator I've ever played (haven't touched MOBAs). Took me a good while to understand that what I liked was playing fighting games, not that game, but it took the context of KOF13's Steam release to really drive that point home.

N4Us

SF4 is the worst salt generator I've ever played (haven't touched MOBAs). Took me a good while to understand that what I liked was playing fighting games, not that game, but it took the context of KOF13's Steam release to really drive that point home.

Same... whatever it was about SF4 it just always got me tight, even when I was winning

sidef4sey.png

hometown for life

I was wondering where you went since I didn't see your username around. It seems you just changed your username. I thought that maybe you found a different hobby to bide your time :)

Hah, well I've been busy with school and I'm been writing for some sites and working on a lot of different projects, really. I still love y'all. Me and Dadwicks are gonna see you at Evo, right? <3

Also god damn I was so hype when Pokken got in, I thought it was the pipedream

I'm gonna get Top 8, you heard it here first

This I can definitely agree with and I'm one of the guys that like SF4. Their is just a lot more shit to look out for in SF4. More annoying normals, specials, and characters. I find plenty of stuff annoying in SFV, just no where near the level of SF4 with Fuerte, Viper, full screen anti-fireball moves, safe on block specials that can leave you in 50/50 situations, focus attack, wonky hit box's, safe reversals, etc.

I've lost quite a bit today and yesterday(win rate probably just around 60%) so I've gotten pretty damn salty. But no where near the rage inducing feelings I've had in SF4.

I'm thinking of pre-ordering SFV after having such a good time with Karin. Will there be any more discounts before release? Still not sure since I want to see what sorts of lobby features we can expect (and what they'll do about pre-match delay settings+ping display), but I'm really feeling the game.
Hey there is good music there, but like... wut? Why the fuck is the beat and wonderful melody ruined by that horrible freaking noise?

https://soundcloud.com/cerebrawlin/2-mello-play-that-beat-cerebrawl-ost#t=0:08

And tracks like this DO NOT make good training mode music.

https://soundcloud.com/cerebrawlin/2-mello-training-room-cerebrawl-ost

Shit sounds like an off rhythm mess
mind you that it's in rhythm while sounding off rhythm but leaves a disorientating feel to the listener in short burst let alone someone that could be sitting there for hours at a time.

Like I'm sitting here playing stuff while having these songs play and IDK they just don't work to me.
I see what you mean. Some tracks will probably be moved around some or changed entirely considering how early a stage the game's development is in.
If that works for you go for it xD

I've been using this myself recently.

Everyone has their own stuff they like that helps get them in the mood as well :p
Yeah, this is pretty good. I also got my own stuff I like to put, but I usually stick with the default training music since it's kind of a pain to set everything up on the desktop.
Yo.

Sorry I've not been posting as much. Miss you guys!

Is anyone else...more calm when playing SFV compared to IV?
I'm still plenty salty, but I can actually win at this game. I never passed 200pp in SF4, but I'm at 1k in SFV. The salt will die down eventually with this new iteration for sure.
MvC3 was my worst, but SF4 salt was bad and I couldn't play the game at all. Honestly, if it weren't for BB I would have quit the genre until MvC3's release even if I would later drop it. VSav, 3S, SG and SFV will keep me engaged for years to come. I'd say the same for BB and GG, but the delay based online, delayed disc/pc updates and lack of crossplay shortens the lives of their games real bad.
sidef4sey.png

hometown for life
Double?

Now I'm imagining how she'd look in SFV and how many Capcom employees would die trying to animate her in 3D.

You do know Justins said he's going to play "insert game here" seriously and drops it in 2 weeks right?
He's the MK9 National Champion. Sometimes 2 weeks is enough to win a lot of money then move on to better games.

"Taking it seriously" isn't the same as loving the game. I wouldn't be surprised if he's just trying to spike Pokken money while everyone is focused elsewhere.

CO_Andy

He must be lying then since he said it on his stream five minutes prior to my post. Or the fact he's done good in the pre-release tournament. Or the fact it's mostly similar to the Naruto fighting games and he has a history of streaming them and playing at a high level.
I predict Pokken or Melee will be dropped next year for KOF.

NEO0MJ

I'm thinking of pre-ordering SFV after having such a good time with Karin. Will there be any more discounts before release? Still not sure since I want to see what sorts of lobby features we can expect (and what they'll do about pre-match delay settings+ping display), but I'm really feeling the game.

I think only Amazon Prime and Best Buy's GCU would offer a discount. If you mean PC GMG had it for 25% off though I'm not sure if the offer is still available.

Use Amazon Prime. Games now have a huge discount on release day there now.

Don't have Amazon Prime? Wire a friend with Prime the money to pre order SFV and then have them ship it to your house. That's what I'm doing.

Beckx

I think only Amazon Prime and Best Buy's GCU would offer a discount. If you mean PC GMG had it for 25% off though I'm not sure if the offer is still available.

No GMG discount right now. I am salty I missed it, but there you go.

Game looks so much better on PC, none of the dithering (I think that's the word? the black lines/spots on the models) on the PS4 version.

MrDaravon

I am also super super bad at SFV :(. Only got in like 1-2 hours of play across all betas, at this point I'm just gonna wait for the final release so I can do training mode a bit and whatnot. Will probably use my 20% of PSN coupon for a cart of SFV and Yakuza 5 I'm thinking.

Mr. Wiz has openly expressed discontent with having two Smash titles at EVO.

Yeah, but they're both enormous draws with pretty low overlap as Wiz himself has stated. I'm sure they're less than thrilled about having to run a crazy amount of setups dedicated to Gamecubes/Wiis on CRTs that can't be shared with any other game running, but there would be riots if Melee is dropped.

Unless Pokken really takes off (which I have no idea on right now) I'd see that going before either Smash game. Assuming that next year's games and # of games remain identical I'd see Marvel getting dropped for KoF if anything honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom