• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

Fought a player from JP this night lmao

His chun was probably pretty good but I couldn't tell bc he was teleporting everywhere

I think the connection was fine on his end though bc he hit every link...damn

Dlent

Fought a player from JP this night lmao

His chun was probably pretty good but I couldn't tell bc he was teleporting everywhere

I think the connection was fine on his end though bc he hit every link...damn

One of the biggest strengths of rollback netcode is that there isn't any lag during combos, because the only input that affects the game is coming from one end.

Tripon

I don't know, winning a match with tons of lag feels good to me in a sense that the system didn't fuck me over despite trying its hardest go do so.

laggy matches is really what a horror movie feels like

you see them jump so you anti-air but then you realize they're already standing behind you

Rhapsody

Banned
Izanami's super fun right now. Much more comfortable using her by the end of the night. A normals are alright. Like I said before, you can't do the same A normal twice in succession. Fine with me since I'm just OS inputting a B normal on the confirm anyways. 3C is my knockdown ender of choice for the most part. I've been doing 3C ender into 5D 63214D (pinwheel). If you're in her second stance (which is what the 5D is), her 63214D and her 41236D have pretty much no recovery and you can act right away. This sets up pretty decent oki. However you can't block in this stance. Even if you throw the pinwheel, you can not block, so you have to be careful and space yourself out of DP range.

The oki is really nice against characters without any or good DPs. I've been doing a dash jump into an air normal into float blockstring. Then mixup with a low, a high, or a cmd grab after float cancel. It's been working rather nicely and the height makes you avoid counter assaults too.

6A is her anti air. Very Adachi-like. I haven't practiced conversions quite yet midscreen. Corner goes into her standard BnB. I have some ideas on midscreen, but I only thought of them on the way back, so my current 6A combos are weak.

Damage for her is pretty good. S starter in the corner I've been getting 2.7k with oki. Off of N starter it can go to 4k or so. With meter I've gone to 5k, but Active Flow kicked in sometimes, so I forget the actual number.

Her shield special is so cool but weird. Being able to blow right through strike properties is really neat. However, your barrier gauge gets drained, so I found myself in danger state quite a few times. I've been using this in conjunction with her stance+projectiles since you can't block in that state. The way it plays out, I'm still getting a grasp on.

Again, stance gives access to projectiles but you can't block in this state. Throwing out any projectile that involves her stance shoots out those bits behind her. You're not allowed to do another projectile right away since there's a cooldown. During this cooldown you can't switch back to your stance right away. Pairing this up with her shield, they're most likely going to run away. So like typical ASW, you're going to have to go in for the most part. What this means is, I'm still at a loss on how to use the stance properly outside of a quick switch into pinwheel oki. I'm going to have to mess with pressure with her stance since that might be its best use.

Overall, I'm really liking her. I've been finding mostly tricks in the neutral/blockstring. I'm still searching for what's the best (dumb) way to utilize float for mixups though

Edit: Oh yeah, I want to bring up that float cancel can be done in two (normal) ways. Jump cancelling or super jump cancelling. The former gives a bit of a small hop that's somewhat floaty (think unfly with a little hop?). The latter lets you fall straight down. This is used for combos especially so you can land before your opponent. I also use it as a mixup on a quick tick throw.

CO_Andy

Guess i shouldn't be surprised Gamerbee is playing Chun. He likes to lame people out as much as Wong.

And what's up up with covering the health bars with the player names?!

pixelish

just noticed this in the taipei game show sfv stream
cacpcom pls
2fqBb72.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
menus and screenshots of previously unseen modes

kreygasm I guess cause I can't read shit

EDIT: Is this features overview trailer new?

Sweet, completing character stories unlocks their additional story costume for purchase in the shop.

EDIT2: Touchpad shortcuts in training look super useful too.

Tan

really hope pc gets those shortcuts. That sort of quick reset stuff was my favourite part of marvel3's training mode.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jeez, that was drawn out as hell.

Earn alt colors by beating stuff in survival mode for each character...
I have no problem with this. It's a reward for putting time into a skill-based challenge. Even if skill-based likely comes with a generous hint of AI omniscience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom