• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's just tough to have female faces that both look attractive and distinctive, or atleast that's my experience from 2D art. Japan just takes a generic face and tries to distinguish it with hair/eye/skin color or moles or whatever instead of actually trying to differentiate with facial features. They tried to make Kim Wu look Asian with Asian facial features, which is commendable but not really effective.

Actual real life beautiful women look way worse when face-scanned into games too (Miranda from ME2, Quiet from MGSV, etc)

The Light

I first thought Quiet face looked fine, but then I saw her actress. Either something went wrong or Kojima didn't want Quiet looking exactly like her model.
Edit:
If i get an xbox live trial will I be able to download KI season 1?

INO/Inoue streaming the beta... on Nico
【ニコ生(2016-01-31 02:45:43開始)】義務。。。 5 http://nico.ms/lv250869485

Who was he using? I watched a couple of jpn streams yesterday. Here's what I found:

-Nuki is aiming for Capcom Cup. He is obviously using Chun.
-Amiyu was using Zangief
-Ebi was using Mika and Zangief.
-Haneyama was using Necalli
-Bonchan was using Ken.
-Galtu was using bison

USF4 concept matches at 9 pm pacific, 12 am eastern. Think they're ft7s.
Mago vs Tokido
Bonchan vs Fuudo
Nemo vs Itazan
Wao vs Kazunoko

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv249072877

Miranda could have looked alright if they didn't make her look sickly skin-tone wise and hair looked more natural.

I feel like she would've looked slightly bloated and somewhat derpy no matter what they did with her hair or skin, same with Stefanie Joosten in MGSV. I don't think it's even about uncanny valley, it's just that we all expect videogame women to look like anime dolls so features that might be distinguishing on a real woman (Miranda's wider nose, Quiet's small chin) look really exaggerated or ugly on a game character. They should've gone the anime/DOA route and showed that she's Chinese because she wears a Chinese dress, not because her face looks different.

Also, those sort of anime proportions look upsetting in real life, like those anime doll masks or that Russian girl who made her face look like barbie

Perro

The only game that made me said "wow the girls actually look like real people" was Arkham Knight and L4D, most females characters have the anime dolls look. I don't play a lot of games so whatevever.

shaowebb

sidef4sey.png

hometown for life

Someone actually dug till they found a shot made entirely out of tits and ass?
EDIT: In hindsight given cast are fighting in thongs grooved in so deep that it would take a miner, some chains, and a winch to pry it from the crevices of their bottoms its not surprisingly hard to find shots like this.

jerry1594

Who was he using? I watched a couple of jpn streams yesterday. Here's what I found:

-Nuki is aiming for Capcom Cup. He is obviously using Chun.
-Amiyu was using Zangief
-Ebi was using Mika and Zangief.
-Haneyama was using Necalli
-Bonchan was using Ken.
-Galtu was using bison

USF4 concept matches at 9 pm pacific, 12 am eastern. Think they're ft7s.
Mago vs Tokido
Bonchan vs Fuudo
Nemo vs Itazan
Wao vs Kazunoko

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv249072877
He was using Necalli. Didn't have time to see much but he casually steamrolled a couple players and lost a game.

I generally like the doll look, but Id say a few developers are figuring out good looking realistic females

assassins_creed_unity_elise_1.jpg

ciri_2.jpg

are probably the best examples but resident 6 did pretty well as well

bioware still sucks, as does bethesda

Skab

Not all of them spill it i'm guessing
The humans do mostly

Sounds like ''this is the mystery of yoga''

I believe everyone but Aria does." Some characters have different colored stuff though. Fulgores is dark like oil, and I think Omen actually "bleeds" lightning.

shaowebb

Ya know, folks that have had sports injuries that stretched muscles or joints often feel like their limbs may pop out of socket. Imagine Dhalsim at his age getting out of bed on a cold morning...

wZdKNWH.gif

^ plus the sound of like 3 stalks of wet celery getting cracked followed by the sound of a watermelon having its insides fisted repeatedly.

Gettin' old as a yoga bungee cord has its drawbacks.

.la1n

Almost.

There's a tree in Tobal 2

I remember looking at Tobal 2 a lot before it was released because I loved the first game, was really disappointed when it didn't come to the states. I had no idea there was a tree in it, lmao.

Shackzam

I asked this in the beta thread, but does anyone have a link to the list of buffs and nerfs on srk supposedly from the final game of sf5?

Rhapsody

Banned
Well that was fun. Only lost once in the beta because the connection was super awful. But when it's good, it's really good.
I'm playing on a Wii U controller for this though lol

Anyone have issues with steam where the program just randomly closes after awhile in though? It doesn't give me an error message. It just exits out right away.

Edit: It's not all of Steam closing for me, just the game itself.
I asked this in the beta thread, but does anyone have a link to the list of buffs and nerfs on srk supposedly from the final game of sf5?

This is for the latest beta http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/10573032/#Comment_10573032

Beats

Anyone have issues with steam where the program just randomly closes after awhile in though? It doesn't give me an error message. It just exits out right away.

Edit: It's not all of Steam closing for me, just the game itself.

This happened to me too. Go to Task Manager and go to "Details" and close TabTip.exe.

Beckx

I remember looking at Tobal 2 a lot before it was released because I loved the first game, was really disappointed when it didn't come to the states. I had no idea there was a tree in it, lmao.

There's like over a hundred characters in it, from the OP to the absolutely useless like some old man with no arms, lol. You normally had to unlock them by catching them in the dungeon mode, but there was a cheat device code to unlock them all.

I remember that I got this guy at the local game store to use their device to unlock them all for me, and when he gave me back the memory card he had changed the colors of one of the female characters to make her look naked. Today I imagine he's out there modding DOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom