• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zissou

Murata's Elena.

CZ4ZXWkWYAA1pKW.jpg

https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/693019283132026880

The best tho

put blanka in SFV plz

CO_Andy

ShadowSoldier89 said:
lol, people in arcades actually playing pokken now
Should of been Splatoon rather than Pokken at EVO. Would receive less harassment from the FGC thanks to having a sizable female base that rkappa can drool over.

Is Kadey aware of her lover cheating on her? :(
Time for Kadey to take a snapshot with Marn.

ShinMaruku

So what are the concerns you folks have over sf5.
I know a huge amount of these concerns is something very short sighted but still maybe something could be gleaned about mindsets.

I see some people swearing about focus but people I respect much more just like the removal.

NEO0MJ

I'm mostly worried about how inviting it is and how capable it will be of encouraging casual players to jump in. While we a played a lot of SF IV I'm not sure how well V can retain their attention, especially since most of my friends are pretty comfortable just sticking to Smash.

Tizoc

I need some help please.
Can someone post the full artwork of Ryu in his trunks at a laundromat? Been trying to find the full art for the past 10 minutes and all I could find was a cropped image at FG @_@

EDIT: Also quick preview of the SF2 write up I'm making for te anniversary
This friday

Ryu is the archetypical martial arts guy, whom many FG protagonists are inspired by his design (e.g. Akira from VF, Hanzo from WH, Zen from Rumble Fish to name a few).
You wouldn’t be blamed for seeing Ryu as the most dull of all FG protagonists, but you can’t deny his popularity and his influence.
Ryu is from Japan, he is a martial artists who is on a never ending Warrior’s Pilgrimage (Musou Shugyo [sp]), walking the earth to become stronger and stronger. He is an arachnophobe of sorts, likely fluent in many languages, and apparently doesn’t have much in way of clothes-

I personally got to like Ryu over time, though my fav. Iteration of the character in his SF3 3S ver. For some reason he is generally depicted as the serious scowling type, but I much prefer it when he’s happy and cheery-
ryu-winpose-sf2.gif

If you look carefully enough, you can see some hair on his chin visible in a variety of his (non-SFA) art and artwork.
In early SF2 games, he (and Ken) could not do the Tornado Kick in the air, in addition his Red Flaming Fireball was originally a glitch from the game that would color his fireball red, and would eventually become a special move of his.
Ryu’s Super Move in ST is the Shinku Haduken, a multi hitting Haduken projectile. Interestingly enough, Ryu can combo off of his super in ST in peculiar ways. Finally, like Gouki and Ken, you can see Ryu’s hands in his Haduken as travels across the screen.

So what are the concerns you folks have over sf5.
I know a huge amount of these concerns is something very short sighted but still maybe something could be gleaned about mindsets.

I see some people swearing about focus but people I respect much more just like the removal.

It's really brained dead set play heavy. Screw wiffing normals for ambigous jump ins just walk up & do a safe crush counter or a throw. It's easy to time meaties & the reward is crazy. Some characters with a DP just need to guess & there is almost zero risk on the attacker. Alpha counters and baiting them will become very important & probably the hypest thing in the game.

Went 3-2 at a Smash 4 monthly and got 13th place (out of 79, IIRC). Much better than what I was expecting, and I even beat one of my demons to get that far. I'm happy.
SFV needs character matchup options. I just want to play against grapplers right now.

I hope you enjoy waiting for hours for one particular character.

Dahbomb

My only concern with SFV is that it might be too aggro heavy.

A lot of characters don't have great normals to space with. Everyone has fireball counters. M/H moves chip on block and lead to serious damage on hit. Throws are harder to break. Stun is really high and prevalent. Supers do a lot of damage. Can't chip kill which favors an aggressor. DP reversals can't be made safe and on punish can lead to 40% HP gone. No invincible back dash. No crouch tech.

Individually all of these things are good but with all of these combined you realize that the game seems a bit lop sided on the strategy (offense vs defense). They only gave v reversal to hold back the aggression.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
enjoying KI cup. seems like people should be counter breaking more? i'm seeing players break at the same points and idk sure its a lower risk to go for a different strength of double but id assume counter breaks would discourage break attempts the rest of a round at least. even if they fail!

A lot of characters don't have great normals to space with. Everyone has fireball counters. M/H moves chip on block and lead to serious damage on hit. Throws are harder to break. Stun is really high and prevalent. Supers do a lot of damage. Can't chip kill which favors an aggressor. DP reversals can't be made safe and on punish can lead to 40% HP gone. No invincible back dash. No crouch tech.

Individually all of these things are good but with all of these combined you realize that the game seems a bit lop sided on the strategy (offense vs defense). They only gave v reversal to hold back the aggression.

This is part of how they make the neutral important. You have to be good at it or when they corner you and they get in that ass, they get in that ass. There'd be little point emphasizing it if the reward wasn't there.

It feels good to use V Trigger as a easy way to anti-air to end rounds. When I have them close enough to death I will just sit there waiting for a jump. When they do, pop the V Trigger and mash DP for a easy 160 damage(with Ryu). I have a feeling this will be heavily used in the future for people playing DP characters when they're sitting on a lead.

EDIT: Oops, actually meant to post this in the beta thread. At least I'm not off topic.

I think we'll know the answer to that question when Guile comes out.

Skab

I agree with this completely.

Man, I need to step away before the salt consumes me.

I got to 1459LP yesterday and I've dropped down to 873LP this morning.

I have negative clutch factor, I swear to god.

Wallach

I just hope Guile keeps his wicked backfist. That would be such a nasty CC in SF5. Interested to see what they do with his V-Skill; I imagine his V-Trigger will be some kind of install for like multi-hitting booms or something, but I really don't know what his V-Skill is going to look like.

Also just ordered an Xbox One Hitbox to go alongside my PS4 and PS3 Hitboxes. Thinking about jumping into KI with Season 3, and at least it should work out of the box with SF5 PC.

It feels good to use V Trigger as a easy way to anti-air to end rounds. When I have them close enough to death I will just sit there waiting for a jump. When they do, pop the V Trigger and mash DP for a easy 160 damage(with Ryu). I have a feeling this will be heavily used in the future for people playing DP characters when they're sitting on a lead.

EDIT: Oops, actually meant to post this in the beta thread. At least I'm not off topic.
I've been trying to consistently do this and it works hella well.

I don't think Guile will be a real zoner, I just don't see how it's possible given the mechanics and I don't think it meshes with their design philosophy. They'll distinguish him from Nash but it definitely won't be SF2 Guile

CO_Andy

This scrub quote had me rolling in the SF Beta thread.

This continues to look like pure fucking shit. Man fuck Capcom. How could they go so far off the rails? I can't believe it. The combat looks like some stupid ass quick time event. V triggers? V skills? Fat Birdie? Drab boring environments. Fuck this game, fuck everyone at Capcom. I'm so disgusted by this garbage. Why did you do this to my favorite series? Why did you ruin it? I'm almost in tears over this shit.

Just make a new, good Street Fighter. Please. Not whatever the fuck you're trying to make now.
Why do you hate your fans? Why are you constantly fucking us over? I'm sick of this shit.

Perro

Let's see how Fang turns out to be, he seems to be the zoner of the game. I think Guile gonna be a complete new character or he's gonna be low tier for ever.

This scrub quote had me rolling in the SF Beta thread.
The hell is wrong with this guy? lol
he's right about birdie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom