• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Chip death in SFV hype Kappa

That feel when someone hits the EX DP on wakeup for chip and you block it and get ready for the CC

4jITdqb.png

I want people to truely unpack "You must get many beatings to learn"
That is very misleading and misrepresents their experience.

How is it misleading? You need practice and match experience to build muscle memory and experience. A lot of times, you are losing in this phase. You learn from your mistakes.

Zissou

Let's see how Fang turns out to be, he seems to be the zoner of the game. I think Guile gonna be a complete new character or he's gonna be low tier for ever.

If you put SF4 Guile as-is into SFV, I think he'd be really strong. Even with many anti-fireball v-skills, SF4 had a million more ways to bypass fireballs completely on reaction, things like divekicks are ass now (thank god) so YOLO aerial approaches are less viable, no more vortex to worry about... I dunno. If Ryu can zone in SFV now, Guile seems like he could do it better.

almost every V skill is perfectly capable of dealing with fireballs, though, and the amount of chip damage fireballs do isn't really high enough to build a strategy around. I'd wager that if guile is a charge character his gameplan would be to preserve charge while trying to move forward, not pure defense.

mbpm1

almost every V skill is perfectly capable of dealing with fireballs, though, and the amount of chip damage fireballs do isn't really high enough to build a strategy around. I'd wager that if guile is a charge character his gameplan would be to preserve charge while trying to move forward, not pure defense.
So NuckleDu again

ShinMaruku

It's not misleading at all.
To somebody brand new that would be only half the process, I think most of the time it's people can't articulate the true process and just say "You need to lose X times" Just driving through countless matches with little understanding will only give countless losses and minor progress.

How is it misleading? You need practice and match experience to build muscle memory and experience. A lot of times, you are losing in this phase. You learn from your mistakes.
Indeed but it's much more complicated as you did note.

Astarte

I want people to truely unpack "You must get many beatings to learn"
That is very misleading and misrepresents their experience.

I get my ass beat and I learn though. I think getting my shit rocked for the 12th time for doing an unsafe setup is a good teacher.

I like SFV so far but I don't know what Capcom means when they say it's more casual friendly. Either way, I'm not feeling too good about my prospects in V and I've accepted that I'll probably always be shit at it and the rest of the genre.

Count just beat Justin

Good shit Count and lol @ everybodye's beat Justin.

Give them the "Slayer of Justin Wongs" tag

Count in the Laura mirror with Valle.

Edit: good shit Count
460.gif

what rank is count at now?

highest I got to was rank 39.. I slowly dropped down to rank 179, right now I'm like rank 108 or something. Don't think I'm gonna get back into the top 100 tonight :p. Got to 4K LP tho

I like SFV so far but I don't know what Capcom means when they say it's more casual friendly. Either way, I'm not feeling too good about my prospects in V and I've accepted that I'll probably always be shit at it and the rest of the genre.

come to the discord group :(

CO_Andy

Count you done goofed if your pupil talking this way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom