• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

One day, Nintendo will sue Triforce for copyright infringement. Maybe the day when Triforce tries to trademark his name.

Dahbomb

Imagine if game companies sued over players using IP names.

All those Sephiroth gamer tags would get hit with the law suit LMAO!

CO_Andy

rkappa said:
fU4NBuH.jpg

S55jWh1.jpg

LMMWadJ.jpg

This SFV-ish looking Q looks pretty dope. He would fit in well with the weird cast of SFV.

Kumubou

Man that floe stream was fucking hilarious

Lmao at triforce losing Justin's mvc2 belt
If I remember correctly, he also managed to lose Arturo's SBO tickets for when he qualified in Arcana Heart.

(To be fair, that story also involves of the few times Triforce stepped up and was actually clutch.)

ShinMaruku

Like many things I can't say that Triforce was 100% bad he had a stupid ass business plan and he's far too west indian for his own good but he's no boogey man, I think the communitys attatchment to drama and dumb wrestling gimmicks does more harm than Triforce ever did. You have to let the vampire into your house for him to get you.

Bizazedo

Like many things I can't say that Triforce was 100% bad he had a stupid ass business plan and he's far too west indian for his own good but he's no boogey man, I think the communitys attatchment to drama and dumb wrestling gimmicks does more harm than Triforce ever did. You have to let the vampire into your house for him to get you.

A lot of the people he took advantage of were just kids, though, is the main problem.

If he ever rises to anything approaching relevant today it'll be an indictment of the stupidity of people, though.

I've uploaded some of my Laura matches from the beta. Some L's, Some W's and lots of crush counters.

Count (Laura) vs Secode (Bison) x2
Count (Laura) vs AGNativeImpact (Mika) <- I somehow blocked that V-Trigger setup I think?
vs Li Joe (Nash) <- step back mp ~ super made me shout out FOOTSIES
vs Alex Valle (Laura)
vs Justin Wong (Karin) <- the baits
vs Tampa Bison (Bison)
vs Nerd Josh (Rashid) <- Rashid's dumb
vs Conrizzle (Rashid) <- ^
vs Tsumuji (Karin) x2 <- Karin's buttons too good
Compilation of ranked matches
2nd comp of ranked matches

I had a lot of fun with Laura over the beta. Overall I did a lot better against Chun compared to last beta when it was pretty much an automatic L. The character I did worst against this beta was probably Ken. Character I played against the most was definitely Karin. It felt like every other match was a different Karin player lol. The matchup feels like whoever is pressuring the other has the advantage but Karin at least has an invincible reversal and much better buttons. Necalli is pretty scary too, pressing buttons when he's close never feels like a good idea. His LK/MK stomps are slightly negative but not enough for a solid punish because of the push back. St.HK has probably crush countered more times than I could count this beta lmao. It's punishable on block too but again, the push back is real.

The amount of mileage I got off of wakeup cr.HP was stupid. Idk if it was just people mistiming their buttons but I must've won 15+ matches off of wakeup cr.HP -> V-Trigger etc lol
I've also been crush countered many times for trying lmao

My least favorite MU's for Laura right now are - Chun/Vega/Ken/Bison. I wouldn't say she necessarily loses the matches, I just don't feel comfortable playing against those characters.

ShinMaruku

A lot of the people he took advantage of were just kids, though, is the main problem.

If he ever rises to anything approaching relevant today it'll be an indictment of the stupidity of people, though.

Exactly. No huge bogeyman. I think people just like drama and he escalates it.

Great matches Count, your Laura play is a pleasure to watch.
Thanks.
Looks like Nadeshiko hit you but Mika's c.HP (shoulder tackle) whiffed. Looks like both of these might have been intentional, too, like the only reason she used the c.HP was to put herself on the opposite side for the ambiguous cross-under.

Yea I'm really surprised he didn't just command throw me after I blocked the first LK. I thought I was going to get tossed for sure.

Coda

The creative types will get a lot of mileage out of Mika's V-Trigger.

I have a few really nasty combo setups with it already. I ended up using her V-Trigger more as a tricky insurance policy utilizing the delayed version when I have an opponent near death. I still have to get in the habit of using V-Trigger more throughout a match rather than just holding onto it, it will take some time to get in that mindset.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTkeC7WEXI8

Horseress

SFV made me want to play on an arcade stick again, so I got a little crazy and bought myself a Hori Arcade Pro 4 Kai! Does anyone here have one?

btw awesome matches count!

BadWolf

I have a few really nasty combo setups with it already. I ended up using her V-Trigger more as a tricky insurance policy utilizing the delayed version when I have an opponent near death. I still have to get in the habit of using V-Trigger more throughout a match rather than just holding onto it, it will take some time to get in that mindset.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTkeC7WEXI8

Very nice!

It will definitely be a struggle figuring out how to use her V-meter between the V-reversal and trigger, and with the trigger you decide between a set up or saving it for a juicy combo that does a lot of stun.

About that finish to the last round btw, does Ryu's jHK (?) not cross up or is Mika invincible on the start up of the trigger? It definitely looked like his knee was on top of her during the trigger animation but she didn't get hit.

Oh and I love finishing a round with Mika and Nadeshko hitting the opponent at the same time, ended up with many a win screen with Mika dropping kicking or kneeing them in the air and Nadeshko splatting them at the same time for a great photo finish.

SFV made me want to play on an arcade stick again, so I got a little crazy and bought myself a Hori Arcade Pro 4 Kai! Does anyone here have one?

I have one. No complaints. The buttons have a different feel than sanwa. they're harder I guess?

don't know if the button reassignment function is as useful now that sf4 is dead

Coda

Very nice!

It will definitely be a struggle figuring out how to use her V-meter between the V-reversal and trigger, and with the trigger you decide between a set up or saving it for a juicy combo that does a lot of stun.

About that finish to the last round btw, does Ryu's jHK (?) not cross up or is Mika invincible on the start up of the trigger? It definitely looked like his knee was on top of her during the trigger animation but she didn't get hit.

Oh and I love finishing a round with Mika and Nadeshko hitting the opponent at the same time, ended up with many a win screen with Mika dropping kicking or kneeing them in the air and Nadeshko splatting them at the same time for a great photo finish.

Yeah for sure, there are so many possibilities with her V-Trigger.

I don't think his jHK crosses up but I could be wrong. Maybe if it was spaced just a little bit differently it would've hit, not sure.

And yes! I had a couple rounds where I ended the match with Mika and Nadeshiko double drop kicking the opponent and it looked so sick every time.

Horseress

I have one. No complaints. The buttons have a different feel than sanwa. they're harder I guess?

don't know if the button reassignment function is as useful now that sf4 is dead

Hmm interesting. I had a stick with sanwa buttons before and I like how they feel, let's see if I get used to these hori ones. Thanks!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I still have to get in the habit of using V-Trigger more throughout a match rather than just holding onto it, it will take some time to get in that mindset.

If I build it before I'm under 60% HP, I always spend it immediately, even if it's just for adding pressure on my approach. It's not too hard to fit in a few mic boosts against some characters to make that more feasible, either.

Rhapsody

Banned
Been trying to get back into fighters. Been poverty recording some old Izayoi OSes for fun. A lot of these should be general knowledge for competitive BB players. Been doing these just to get in the habit again and to show them to people to those unaware. Did four small clips if anyone was interested in how some of these OSes work.

https://twitter.com/Rhapsody39/media

Kumubou

damn, what's the story on that?
This was back when Planet Zero (yes, that infamous arcade in Houston where the owner tried to stiff everyone in existence -- including the landlord) was still running SBO qualifiers. They wanted to run a qualifier for a game that would be an easy win for one of their locals, so they ended up running Arcana Heart that year. (It was originally going to be Melty Blood: Act Cadenza until they got wind that Sp00ky and his friend Zar were going to travel down to qualify -- they changed the game at the last minute). While PZ was one of the only places in the US to have an Arcana Heart cabinet, it wasn't the only place -- Chinatown Fair had one as well. So Arturo decided to travel down to PZ and press his luck for the SBO spot.

The bracket was rigged against him (IIRC he had to play Marn first round and then Fubarduck second round -- they basically put all of the non-local players in the same part of the bracket), but he ended up winning out anywhere. So he won the qualifier, but the owner tries to renig on the finals spot and travel money. There's some internal political BS that happens and the end result is that Art's qualifier win stands, but he wasn't going to get any of the travel money that PZ had promised the qualifier. That's where Triforce steps up and pays for Art's ticket so he can actually get out to Japan and play at SBO. (The question I would ask today is "Knowing how typically broke EMP was at the time, where did Triforce suddenly come up with that cash?", but that's another matter.)

The Bad Old Days were some "fun" times. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom