• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you didn't enjoy your time with sf5, but did you enjoy this game when you were playing it?
Maybe? I think I had like 400 or something matches when I stopped. My character choice frustrated me because it's probably not the right pick despite how easy he is. I definitely remembered getting upset playing ranked though, lobbies were a much better experience especially when you could get a longer set with someone.

So I hope that's an answer somehow.

mbpm1

- V-Trigger range is shorter than it looks and against characters like Sim and Nash if you're slightly out of range when reading a fireball they can teleport behind you for max damage because the V-Trigger has no hitbox behind him

One thing I noticed is the vortex seems to have actual travel distance. As in, the further you are away, the longer it will take before they get sucked in. Maybe it's just me though :|

Honestly it seems the Birdie matchup is way worse for Gief than Sim. That matchup seems impossible to me but it's still early so maybe some tech will be found down the road.

I think a bad Birdie is easier to beat than a Decent Sim but a good Birdie is trouble

BadWolf

When blocking you either push 3 kicks or 3 punches (depending on your character) and forward. This uses one V-meter bar and counters the opponent through the block. A get-off-me move basically.

Similar to guard cancel blow back in KOF.

They are using rejects from other games, world warriors cast and middling at best new characters.
Are you talking about Birdie, Mika, Nash and Karin? Aside from Birdie they seemed like winners based on how many times I encountered them in the beta.
Classic characters being inconsistent on who got redesigned (either mechanically or visually), garish bottom-of-the-barrel Alpha rejects and iffy aesthetics for the newcomers.
Eh, if it weren't for the Alpha characters I probably would have forgotten the game until a year or two after release. If someone has played SF for more than a decade and still doesn't main a WW then odds are they wouldn't now.
Nash and FANG gonna make me that money y'all
F.A.N.G is one of the only characters that makes me yearn for other people's rage. I might use him just to collect salt.
I'm going to be disappointed if White Sim doesn't make it in.
Necro is never going to happen.

#kappa
V-reversal is the alpha counter.

V-trigger is the fancy activation mechanic.
I'm glad it's so easy to use. DP motions while trying to stave off Sasquatch or Q.Bee are hell on Earth to me.
v-reversal = COMBO BREAKER
Bursts are so never happening in a numbered Street Fighter title.

Infinite

What is the difference between v trigger and v reversal?
V-trigger is depending on the character, a unique move or state that you can activate once the vmeter is completely full. You activate it by pressing both heavy buttons and doing so depletes the vmeter. You build the vgauge when you get attacked or land your vskill.

Vreversal depending on the character, after is a counter or escape move that you can activate during block stun to escape pressure. It comes at the costs of one stock of the vmeter and you perform it by pressing either all 3 punches or all 3 kicks. Vreversals that are attacks only do recoverable damage to the opponent.

mbpm1

I was mostly wondering if I could put in a sequence of jabs, than cancel into an armored running grab and go through the v-reversal. Or parry the v-reversal

Probably not but still

Fraeon

Are blocked V-reversals how punishable? Do you get a free st.HP/HK every time or does it differ between characters?

I always forget the V-reversal is even an option.

Rocwell

I was mostly wondering if I could put in a sequence of jabs, than cancel into an armored running grab and go through the v-reversal. Or parry the v-reversal

Probably not but still

I dunno sounds plausible to me, you can probably test it out pretty easily in training mode.
Are blocked V-reversals how punishable? Do you get a free st.HP/HK every time or does it differ between characters?

I always forget the V-reversal is even an option.
They're negative on block but usually not punishable. IDK Laura's v-reversal is like -2 on block I'm not really familiar with the frame data on everyone else's

pizzacat

Banned
I've been contemplating just rebuying a PS3

Had GGXrd
TTT2
CvS2
3rd Strike
Alpha 2???

And now with p4a being free? What's like the cheapest PS3 online

Beckx

I didn't try V-Reversal all weekend, kind of forgot about it really. (I mean, I thought of it when getting bodied repeatedly in the corner by every Necalli I faced, but by that point it was too late).

What are the detailed timing mechanics (when does it become usable, what to watch for, etc.)?

BadWolf

I didn't try V-Reversal all weekend, kind of forgot about it really. (I mean, I thought of it when getting bodied repeatedly in the corner by every Necalli I faced, but by that point it was too late).

What are the detailed timing mechanics (when does it become usable, what to watch for, etc.)?

It costs one block of the V-gauge to use.

Do it while blocking an attack.

I've been contemplating just rebuying a PS3

Had GGXrd
TTT2
CvS2
3rd Strike
Alpha 2???

And now with p4a being free? What's like the cheapest PS3 online

Don't go cheap. Find an original 60GB with backwards comparability. PS3 is definitely worth having forever. I get so much use out of it.

Beckx

It costs one block of the V-gauge to use.

Do it while blocking an attack.

I know that, based on the discussion above I was looking for more detailed info, like can you use it at any time from when you first go into block animation until block stun is over, what prevents you from using it, that kind of thing.

Sorry for dumb. (ツ)

vulva

lol

https://twitter.com/winnerstayson/status/694597370961592326
WinnerStaysOn
‏@WinnerStaysOn
@WTHamad @DopeBoyPackz @FGC_Bigbird I asked a simple question but if you want me to punch you in the fucking mouth we can do that

NW1co95.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom