• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

hopefully that's the case, but we'll have to see. i can't blame the TOs too much as they are almost always super rushed and often not the most experienced. the real unfortunate ones have to do double duty when the TOs next to them no-shows

Kumubou

Understandable but there is such a small chance that EVO judges will enforce the unpair rule. They were supposed to make people pair their DS3 with a separate pairing station so that you wouldn't interrupt games, which almost no one did.
The bigger issue with that was that when they did have a pairing station set up... there was one or two of them at an event where you had 50+ setups going. It was really hard to enforce.

Besides, if you don't trust the judges to desync controllers after every set of pools, do you trust them to verify that the battery has been removed on a DS4?

The bigger issue is how about 90% of MKX players and about 80% of Tekken players play on dualshocks, and banning those would just hose those playerbases (and IIRC this is one of the reasons why Tekken tournaments at Evo have always been so tepid since the last generation).

Honestly, just make it a point of emphasis during the judge's meeting and have someone run around during pool rotations (as there usually is) reminding people to desync controllers. Most of the volunteers will get it right most of the time, and given the circumstances that's all you can really ask.

hopefully that's the case, but we'll have to see. i can't blame the TOs too much as they are almost always super rushed and often not the most experienced. the real unfortunate ones have to do double duty when the TOs next to them no-shows
Every goddamn year I judged pools at Evo I somehow got stuck running a MvC3 pool because of this. afsgsdgdsgdsfgsd

shaowebb

sp im not very good at making combos, but I toyed with nitro+ for like 5 minutes
ezdngJv.gif
NIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Wanna have some fun? Try out Muramasa with some of those assists. Her QCB moves and QCF moves let her do both Spencer grabbity extensions as well as spiderman ziplines that in this game recover fast enough to allow her to chase and followup launchers, folks falling too far out in air combos, and wallbounced folks. Game is really easy to extend combos in and its pretty fun right now for me just labbing. I'm trying to learn this Muramasa combo someone posted on discord.

cMJ198B.gif

I make it to about where you summon Dragon and then blow my timing all to hell.

Beckx

Old? Capcom final pre-release event in Japan, 9pm ET Feb 10

http://gematsu.com/2016/02/street-fighter-v-complete-presentation-event-slated-february-11

YouTube link for stream: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HbTZK7ss5xg&feature=youtu.be

Here are the details:

Contents

The latest information on Street Fighter V
Miss Chun-Li deciding match
Pro-gamer four-on-four Street Fighter V special match
Host

Shinichiro Takiue

Guests

Kayo Satoh, Yuka Kuramochi, Itabashi Zangief, Kazunoko, Tokido, Haitani, Fuudo, Bon-chan, Mago, Momochi, Sentosu, and others

CurlyW

It's not the worst name in the world, but there are definitely better ones.

How about Everybody Wang Chun Tonight?

Here Comes The Chun
Chun-Li Fools and Horses
National Lampoon's Vaca-Chun

Kalamari

Anyone heard anything about the Wizard World tournaments in Portland? Such as, what day they are, start time, etc? I can't find shit on the website. Tekken 7 will be there.

Kumubou

Gotta be tough to get people to show up and miss a good chunk of their evo day to TO in exchange for a free shirt
You're forgetting the free food (which, in Vegas, is not insignificant).

I know for me personally, I'm usually up for 8 AM pools anyway (working those old man hours) and running morning stuff didn't really dent the rest of my day. Nowadays I'm up that early at the event to help prepare for side tournaments instead. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"We are back"

Sounds like a miku game to me
What if it's both? It's a new VF... Vocaloid Fighter! D:

Dahbomb

A lot worse? So it's bad?!?!
That's not what I meant by it, it's a fine gamer tag to use.

Like my user name and Vulva's username are a lot worse than that. I made my name when I was a teen and that phrase was all the rage back then so I just used it. I was too lazy to come up with a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom