• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be very surprised if she wasn't good. It is Bayo we're talking about here.

She requires a lot of work; her moves can combo into one another, but the problem is being able to reliably string them together on the fly. Witch Time is going to be extremely important for people.

And even then, I can't see a Capcom Vs. SNK 3. Or another Vampire/Darkstalkers game.
Ono save us.

Smash 4 pros are already bitching at how good Bayo is and that she's broken.

I can see her being really good down the line. Corn, meanwhile, is amazing off the jump.
I'm uploading 3 hours of day 1 Bayonetta play right now, and she has a lot going for her:
1) The best mobility options in the game.
2) Combos that can deal big damage.
3) Witch Time is the best counter in the game.
4) The Bat Within...possibly broken at very high level play. It's like a parry, but better.

K.Sabot

I hope there is no NX version and this version of the game is balance final.

either that or they give everyone 0 to deaths.

Sayad

It's a shame because I can't stand 8-bit themed games, even if simplified graphic was due to budget limitation, you can still make the game so much prettier just by using a wider color range. 8-bit color range is the piss filter of pixel art.

Owensboro

Wow, thanks for the responses everyone! It's good to hear that people I've read for a while (and consider much, much better players than myself) have no problem using just regular old controllers. I was convinced I'd have to buy a Fightpad at least. I used the Dualshock (thumbstick) during the last beta phase and had problems with over-correcting (blocking high/low, jumping too much) so I might just give the D-Pad a go.
Some people like to place the right side of the pad on their knee so they can use more than one finger on the face buttons.

Personally when playing on pad I play on the Dualshock and do so like I would with any other game, with both hands on the pad.

The left thumb on the d-pad, the right thumb on the face buttons, and the index and middle fingers on the collar buttons (R1/R2 for HP/HK and L1/L2 for shortcuts to multi button presses).

Try both and see which feels more comfortable for you. If you can't get accustomed to the d-pad then try the left analog stick, it can feel kind of like a mini arcade stick for the thumb.
I was doing what you prefer during the last beta and it seemed to work fine. Kind of makes me want to go back to SFIV and see how it feels there. I'm really looking forward to a training mode so I can re-train myself for specific motions.
Now that plinking has been removed there's a lot reason to play "claw-style" and to adjust to a 6 face button layout. You should be perfectly fine playing on any standard controller, although you'll probably want a fightpad for a decent dpad.

This is the pad i've been playing on since forever:

Hands down one of the best dpads for fighting games. Won't need to daisy chain adapters now that i'm on PC.
That's awesome you're just using a stock 360 controller, but I think you're the only person I've ever head praise the D-Pad on that thing! I know that plinking is gone but don't people swear by double-tapping? Or does the 3-frame window kind of eliminate that now? I really wish I could get my hands on a fightpad to just see what it feels like.
Do you have issues using all your fingers or is it just related to your wrist?

If you can use a ps4 pad without any problems then I'd recommend NuckleDu style where he uses a ton of buttons on the shoulders so he can use more fingers instead of just the thumb for lights and mediums with the pointer for heavy and triples
No issues with my fingers, just quick repetitive wrist movements. I've changed almost completely to PS4 from PC simply because I can play with a Dualshock for hours and hours and never have a problem. I worry about a claw-style setup (6 face button controller) because that wouldn't really eliminate the quick wrist movement of tapping buttons. Having my hands anchored to the pad the whole time helps a lot.

So NuckleDu just puts the lights/mediums on the shoulder buttons? I've been looking for a button config video (input check) during a tournament but can't find anything.
I hold it like this with the center of my thumb joint over the middle of the dpad, this lets you do every possible motion with almost no movement. On the other side I hold it same way but a bit lower so I can hit the buttons with the top of my thumbs bottom, Same reasoning as the otherside, lets you hit as many things with as little movement as possible and makes it so pressing two buttons at once isn't an issue.

Never hold it so your thumbs all curved and trying to press shit with the tip slows you down too much.
Dude! Thanks for the picture, it helps a lot with seeing what your talking about. I just tried to imagine doing half circle motions with my thumb like that and it seems...awkward. I need to give this setup a shot and see if I like it better than the thumbstick. You're right side thumb reasoning sounds like how I was playing during the Beta (and have played SNES games for ages). I'll give it a shot.

pixelish

redbull interviewed ono and there's a bit on non-ps4 sticks being compatible with ps4
http://www.redbull.com/en/games/sto...t-fighter-v-yoshinori-ono-interview-on-pc-ps4

Ono is well aware that players who have spent a lot of money on their sticks want to be able to use them across platforms, and assures that solutions are being looked at, no matter how unorthodox.

"The current situation of working within Sony's SDK and APIs is that we're looking into it and how we can get sticks working across consoles... maybe not necessarily within the framework of those official APIs.”

"We do hear fan feedback that they want to be able to use their existing sticks on PS4 and, while I can't really say anything for sure at the moment, it's something that people can definitely watch this space for in terms of future announcements as and when we're able to reach potential solutions as a company."

NEO0MJ

It's a shame because I can't stand 8-bit themed games, even if simplified graphic was due to budget limitation, you can still make the game so much prettier just by using a wider color range. 8-bit color range is the piss filter of pixel art.

That depends on har far they go and the art style. Pocket Rumble isn't too bad but I couldn't really stand looking at Rivals of Aether.

You want us to claim Frauds Among Us or DaiGOAT again?

...Yes?

Beckx

Where is the glory? Where is CvC? They can keep the rest.

You know I realized I've been pinning my hopes for Asura on seeing his modern day incarnation in SF some day, which realistically would never happen.

But a CvC could have not only regular Asura (with multiarmed modes, etc.) but also Yasha and Deus and omg I now need this.

Beckx

Tekken 7 loke test Feb 12-14

CaXj1CLUkAAX160.jpg

Who is doing the OT?

some guy claimed in the OT thread, I don't know who though.

Tripon

BTW, no fighting tournament weekend thread this week since the only tournament is a small regional in Puerto Rico. With no stream info orz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom