• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckx

I guess MadCatz is doing pretty well with stick sales? Amazon has warnings on the TE2+ pages that they won't ship new orders until April.

Only if we get this theme in the game somehow https://youtu.be/RlY2_Hx2pDc

NnpgK77.jpg

GOAT game soundtrack

Anyone else feel there's something off about SFV, animation or pacing wise? There's a feeling that something's not quite right whenever I watch it, but I can't put my finger on it, apart from not liking the jab animations at all.

mbpm1

Anyone else feel there's something off about SFV, animation or pacing wise? There's a feeling that something's not quite right whenever I watch it, but I can't put my finger on it, apart from not liking the jab animations at all.

Yes. But I got used to it while playing.

I'm not sure what it is though.

I never liked how the light kicks looked in SFV. Seems like it's missing a frame or two or something.

Also don't like how the blocking looks. The blue animation that shows up after every block should be a bit more evident IMO.

nitpicks tho

Beckx

I was actually surprised how much I like how it animated in person compared to on stream. Again that may be the PC vs. PS4 effect in action.

What's the frame advantage on Cammy's Spiral Arrow when it's properly spaced? If it's better than Scissor Kick, maybe I should play Cammy.

Traitor! :).
Capcom betrayed me first.

In all seriousness, I hardly played Beta 4. I just didn't care, and I was happier playing Hearthstone. The game hasn't even released yet, so that's pretty bad. I think the game itself is turning out great, but there aren't any characters for me.

Marz

Yea. One thing i noticed from the first footage of SFV i saw was Ryu looks incredibly stiff compared to how he looks in 4. Especially when hes crouch blocking it looks really strange.

You know I realized I've been pinning my hopes for Asura on seeing his modern day incarnation in SF some day, which realistically would never happen.

But a CvC could have not only regular Asura (with multiarmed modes, etc.) but also Yasha and Deus and omg I now need this.
The only downside of CvC would be a cap of 5 or so Darkstalker characters at best, but a DS game would probably be a mess anyway.
Jumps could have less float and the walkspeed could be five to ten percent faster.

Kumubou

Anyone wanna buy an old hitbox for cheap?
How cheap are we talking? I've always been intrigued by them but never enough to drop 200+ on one.

redbull interviewed ono and there's a bit on non-ps4 sticks being compatible with ps4
http://www.redbull.com/en/games/sto...t-fighter-v-yoshinori-ono-interview-on-pc-ps4
Ono is aware that is is already a solved problem, right? And used in the PS4 version of their previous game, even! So either they're not aware (and I doubt that, since even tiny JP developers have used it) or there's another reason why they won't use it and they can't (or won't) be honest with their player base.

If SFV ends up with a horrible OT title I am blaming all of you for not claiming it.
IIRC it was claimed about five minutes after the game was announced. Honestly, anyone who cares should PM the owner of the OT... unless he's still banned. (That could be an issue at this point, since the game drops in a week.)

notworksafe

IIRC it was claimed about five minutes after the game was announced. Honestly, anyone who cares should PM the owner of the OT... unless he's still banned. (That could be an issue at this point, since the game drops in a week.)
He isn't banned now. He posted in the roster thread asking for title suggestions.

Spiral Arrow is always negative. It's not a pressure tool at all and not like Scissor Kick in utility.
I know how Spiral Arrow works, I was a Cammy main in SFII. :p

I'm just wondering what the frame data is like for the move.

Isn't HK Scissor Kick the safe one in SFV?
That's what I keep reading, but it doesn't align with my personal experiences. I've gotten punished for doing HK Scissors up close, and it's supposedly only -2.

Rhapsody

Banned
I know how Spiral Arrow works, I was a Cammy main in SFII. :p

I'm just wondering what the frame data is like for the move.

That's what I keep reading, but it doesn't align with my personal experiences. I've gotten punished for doing HK Scissors up close, and it's supposedly only -2.

Ah, I guess we'll find out in less than two weeks. I only heard it mentioned on Ultrachen. I didn't play the beta much so I don't know personally.

You know I realized I've been pinning my hopes for Asura on seeing his modern day incarnation in SF some day, which realistically would never happen.

But a CvC could have not only regular Asura (with multiarmed modes, etc.) but also Yasha and Deus and omg I now need this.
Remember when Asura was rumoured to be in a new SFIV iteration?

Then instead we got lame-ass Evil Ryu and Super Saiyan Devil's Devil Oni.

Yea. One thing i noticed from the first footage of SFV i saw was Ryu looks incredibly stiff compared to how he looks in 4. Especially when hes crouch blocking it looks really strange.
I felt it was the other way around. SFIV has never been a visually pleasing game to look for me in just about any aspect. In SFV on the other hand I only wish Capcom toned down the clothing/hair physics. By a lot.

CO_Andy

That's awesome you're just using a stock 360 controller, but I think you're the only person I've ever head praise the D-Pad on that thing! I know that plinking is gone but don't people swear by double-tapping? Or does the 3-frame window kind of eliminate that now? I really wish I could get my hands on a fightpad to just see what it feels like.
Nope, i'm playing on an Xbox S-Type, otherwise known as the pack-in controller with the original Xbox.

Microsoft has not made a better dpad since. Even the dpad on the $150 Elite controller is absolute garbage compared to the S-Type.

vulva

https://twitter.com/EMP_TriForce_GM/status/695284501090549761
TriForceGameMaster ‏@EMP_TriForce_GM 2h2 hours ago
2016. Peep the math... 2+0+1+6 = 9, NINE the final # in numerology. Hey FGC ... 9 The beginning of your end. Traitors will reveal themselves

https://twitter.com/EMP_TriForce_GM/status/695285152709283840
TriForceGameMaster ‏@EMP_TriForce_GM 2h2 hours ago
2017... 2+0+1+7 = 1, welcome to the #FGI Fighting Game Industry. #eSports #rideordie

Triforce is so cool

Owensboro

Nope, i'm playing on an Xbox S-Type, otherwise known as the pack-in controller with the original Xbox.

Microsoft has not made a better dpad since. Even the dpad on the $150 Elite controller is absolute garbage compared to the S-Type.

Hah! Oh hell you're right! I didn't even notice the black and white buttons. I'm straining to remember what the D-Pad was like on The Duke now.

ShinMaruku

Sometimes I think some people secretly love triforce because he brings drama and drama is what they value and not really the game. Basically soap opera for dudes. :E

Sometimes I think some people secretly love triforce because he brings drama and drama is what they value and not really the game. Basically soap opera for dudes. :E
I don't know how long you've been around FGW, but this place use to be like the forum equivalent of Gremlins. One minute we're fluffy and cute like Gizmo, but a little twitch or twitter drama and Christmas is ruined.
I felt it was the other way around. SFIV has never been a visually pleasing game to look for me in just about any aspect. In SFV on the other hand I only wish Capcom toned down the clothing/hair physics. By a lot.
Yeah, footsies with Karin are ridiculous right now. Her skirt flies around like she's riding a roller coaster. The hair is also out of control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom