• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
That game is deader than the dinosaurs.

aV4ER9w.png

CO_Andy

Wayyyyyy too many fighters have died prematurely from not having decent or any net code.

Kinda sad when a shoe-string budget fighter like Dive Kick has better net code than KOF (12 & 13). Yeah, Japan needs to think more globally about these things and not hide info from each other.

ElTopo

Banned
Wayyyyyy too many fighters have died prematurely from not having decent or any net code.

Kinda sad when a shoe-string budget fighter like Dive Kick has better net code than KOF (12 & 13). Yeah, Japan needs to think more globally about these things and not hide info from each other.

13 Steam Edition had pretty good netcode. It just died quickly because dudes figured it out and it turned off the casuals.

Rocwell

It's really amazing how advanced the community is for SFV before the game is even released. People are already going beyond just combos and stuff and getting into setups and mindgames with tons of content uploaded to the internet. Back when SFIV was only in Japanese arcades it was hard enough to even get match footage let alone touch the game with your own hands. It's definitely going to be interesting to see what happens going forward when people all over the world are getting their hands on the game at the same time.

Coda

It's really amazing how advanced the community is for SFV before the game is even released. People are already going beyond just combos and stuff and getting into setups and mindgames with tons of content uploaded to the internet. Back when SFIV was only in Japanese arcades it was hard enough to even get match footage let alone touch the game with your own hands. It's definitely going to be interesting to see what happens going forward when people all over the world are getting their hands on the game at the same time.

Yeah it's definitely a different era for fighting games now. It's crazy how prepared we are on day 1. The competition is stronger than ever and the struggle will be real.

I'm gonna get so bodied day 1

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Well I'm back. I honestly didn't know what the guy Cindi was warning was pirated stuff. He had his comment edited and didn't know what it was so I asked Cindi and it seems the mod thought I was asking for something among those lines. If mentioning this is ban worthy, please let me know since I honestly don't and I would be glad to edit it. The vacation was nice though, Cindi is the true MVP.

Aside from that, grinded SFV 3 days straight with like 5 hours of sleep each day, made it to top 2000 and 2000 League Points with strictly using Ryu online, which is a little disappointing for me but that just means I got to grind it out more. The game feels like it has a very balanced cast, except for Rashid, just straight up pressure city.

Lastly, what have folks being doing lately?

This is one of the reasons I'm looking to jump in day one. All these pre release betas have raised the bar for competition to insane levels. Day 1 will be like day 200 for some people. I'm just going to tear through everyone in the first weeks and hope that I have enough fight points saved for Ibuki, Alex and Urien. The one thing that worries me is whether or not points will have expiration dates. That would be a cheap move.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Binging on beta footage and fiending for that crack.

SFV is crack man, didn't stop playing it from the 36 hours I've devoted to it in 3 days.

Watching anime

About to watched ERASED right now.

been watching a shitload of movies (saw Big Short and Mustang 2 days ago), rounding out my last semester of college, and hitting the lab with shun.

Big short is a really good movie, Steve Carell has a talent for being a misunderstood awkward asshole.

Meh. Just lurking, watching tv.

Mizer pls

CurlyW

Well I'm back. I honestly didn't know what the guy Cindi was warning was pirated stuff. He had his comment edited and didn't know what it was so I asked Cindi and it seems the mod thought I was asking for something among those lines. If mentioning this is ban worthy, please let me know since I honestly don't and I would be glad to edit it. The vacation was nice though, Cindi is the true MVP.

Aside from that, grinded SFV 3 days straight with like 5 hours of sleep each day, made it to top 2000 and 2000 League Points with strictly using Ryu online, which is a little disappointing for me but that just means I got to grind it out more. The game feels like it has a very balanced cast, except for Rashid, just straight up pressure city.

Welcome back.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Feels like I'm in the 90s all over again Q, we need people to replicate good story over fanservice.

Welcome back.

Good to be back.

Bale stole the show free

I mean, that's obvious. Man is such a great talent in whatever he does. I especially enjoyed him in Interstellar, a very good, with a cliche ending, movie. The cliche ending didn't bother me since it was written so beautifully.

Crying because being an adult is rly hard

I am emo I barely had time to play the beta and didn't decide on a character until the end. Now I am stuck watching videos of other people playing it.

Hey guys I got 5 players so far for my farewell to SF4 tourney. Can I get 2 more volunteers please(I'll join and be the 8th guy just to make it even)? Just to be clear it's a random select tournament with Edition Select turned on. Each set is FT3 and it's single elimination so it won't take too long to complete.

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/YBlJSLVBR1

If someone can stream it that would be cool as well. It would be easier to stay in constant contact with everybody then.

Hey guys I got 5 players so far for my farewell to SF4 tourney. Can I get 2 more volunteers please(I'll join and be the 8th guy just to make it even)? Just to be clear it's a random select tournament with Edition Select turned on. Each set is FT3 and it's single elimination so it won't take too long to complete.

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/YBlJSLVBR1

If someone can stream it that would be cool as well. It would be easier to stay in constant contact with everybody then.

this is on pc right?

K.Sabot

Getting people on GAF to play this game a few years ago was pretty easy. Right now, I can't even get people to give up maybe just 10 minutes of their night to possibly win a decent gift :(

I veritably do not enjoy playing the game, but a random select tournament? Hard to resist.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Nice to see someone wanted to do an SF4 tourney. I would do tonight but now with sudden plans, too busy so RIP me

Edit:

I mean yeah Oneida, I honestly don't know why I confused Matthew Mcconaughey with Christian Bale. Matthew is still a great actor. I hope Christopher Nolan does Batman again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom