• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Since I got top of the page, here's something nice for all of you:
E2kai.png

I feel like I have to explain:

I DID THE TATSU BECAUSE I WAS DESPERATE AND WANTED TO DO SOMETHING RANDOM - ANYTHING - TO WIN.

We've all been there ;_;

I no scare you no scare.

¿Que?

pixelish

no lets talk about Mustang. I love the subtlety of how they approached the Uncle sexually abusing the girl without beating it over your head.
what were some of the best non-english 2015 films you saw? i haven't watched that many aside from the assassin, timbuktu and jauja

Team Dashio: Uryo, Haitani, Misse, Fuudo, -R-, Nishikin, Eita

Team Nemo: Hagejin, Infiltration, Gamerbee, Ebi, Itazan, Kitasenju DJ, Tonpy

Only 4 more players left to be invited. I assume Bonchan will get invited so 3 players left. I also assume another French player will be invited as the tournament is held in France.

Daigo - guaranteed to still be daigoat
Nemo -guaranteed to play as Fang/Rashid

Red Bull pls

I'm just gonna assume daigo's asking for too much money to participate at this point tbh

I'm just gonna assume dais's asking for too much money to participate at this point tbh

Daigo went to a person's house a few hours ago to play 1 hour with him. He had a contest where if you won, you can have Daigo go to your house and play any fighting game you want. The guy who won was an USF4 player. He mains Fuerte.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
the game theory episode about dead or alive is maybe the worst fg related video ive seen in my life

it sucks a whole lot

warning: shitty

jerry1594

no lets talk about Mustang. I love the subtlety of how they approached the Uncle sexually abusing the girl without beating it over your head.
This is confusing sentence to process
That reminds me, I'm pretty sure this one was me:

https://twitter.com/ancient_fgc_txt/status/686423574509391873

It's embarrassing now, but, in my defense, no one knew the extent of Genei Jin's brokenitude yet, then. And Seiei still sucks.
Have you been in any UFO tournaments lately?

Tripon

Hmm, trying to decide between the Luxor for $100 a night, or Excalibur for $70 a night for EVO. Resort fee is an extra $30 a night, but I'll likely will try to get waived later on.

Tripon

If anybody thinks the fgc coined or made that term popular is vastly over estimating the cache that the fgc has.

Eh, a lot of the reason why its so widespread among young people is because of the FGC. But you're right, nobody in the FGC coined the term or its usage.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/a-salty-word-with-a-promising-future-1421427784

Last week, the American Dialect Society held its 25th Word of the Year proceedings at its annual conference in Portland, Ore. As chairman of the New Words committee, I presided over the vote.

But just as intriguing was the winner in the Most Likely to Succeed category: “salty,” defined as “exceptionally bitter, angry, or upset.” “Salty” is a great example of how slang can be cyclical: The “new” meaning of the word actually stretches back eight decades in African-American usage, but it has been revived for a millennial audience.

“Salty” persisted as urban slang in cities like Philadelphia, where its meaning continued to evolve. As 15-year-old Nisha Michelle explained to the Philadelphia Inquirerlast year, getting “salty” can suggest annoyance at being embarrassed over a mistake: “You thought you were right, but you’re wrong.”

At the Word of the Year vote, “salty” was nominated by Pearl Shavzin, an adjunct lecturer in anthropology at Hunter College, who has been tracking its usage in recent years. She noticed its rise in the fighting game community (FGC), a racially diverse subculture of videogaming.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/a-salty-word-with-a-promising-future-1421427784

Salty and Metroidvania are terms that need to further catch on specifically because there are people who try to push back instead of just letting it happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom