• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizazedo

So as the next wave of big tournaments approach with a new game...how much do you think new blood will rise? Or will it be same 'ol same 'ol as champs?

Dlent

I asked it as a question because I wasn't sure. I didn't see them very often in any competitive matches except when King was on screen, and on the occasion when they were used they were usually teched. I think it was something like a fifteen frame window back in Tekken 6, but I guess I could be entirely off base and throws just aren't used as often because they don't do the kind of damage you want in TTT2.

I asked it as a question because I wasn't sure. I didn't see them very often in any competitive matches except when King was on screen, and on the occasion when they were used they were usually teched. I think it was something like a fifteen frame window back in Tekken 6, but I guess I could be entirely off base and throws just aren't used as often because they don't do the kind of damage you want in TTT2.
You can see throws on reaction but it's not easy. King has the ability to disguise what break his throws are so you can't react to them. So can other characters. Throw break window is 12 frames if I recall. Take into account at least 6 frames of input delay and you've got a 6 frame window to break throws.

When I played Tekken 7 at EVO, it seemed everyone's throws were being broken unless you were King. I rarely got off a normal throw and felt like I got out of most throws easily. I asked the guy I was playing casuals with and he said it any punch worked. That being said, during losers bracket, I lost last match last round because I didn't break a giant swing once.

Bizazedo

When I played Tekken 7 at EVO, it seemed everyone's throws were being broken unless you were King. I rarely got off a normal throw and felt like I got out of most throws easily. I asked the guy I was playing casuals with and he said it any punch worked. That being said, during losers bracket, I lost last match last round because I didn't break a giant swing once.

I am going to get Tekken 7 and am psyched for it, but throws appearing to be so easily broken was actually a downer for me. I've always felt throws were necessary if even only to scare the shit out of turtles.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
do you ever play 2D fighters, oneida?
i used to
im an 09er, played sfiv a shitload
then marvel and persona and i think thats all i played at fight night
now i dont really have time to play more than 1 fg competitively so i play the one i like the most

ShinMaruku

Take me in as your right hand my lord.
bow.gif
Indeed. we shall rule

You mean "asscendant."

Obligatory.
Damn right!

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
i used to
im an 09er, played sfiv a shitload
then marvel and persona and i think thats all i played at fight night
now i dont really have time to play more than 1 fg competitively so i play the one i like the most

Did you play the beta for SFV? Its almost like that episode for One Piece when they reach that island and they first meet Franky. Although, later on it goes off to just Sanji traveling and looking for ingredients. He sees a floating ship that serves food and a couple of guys come in and order food. They complain that the food taste bad and lacks flavor, the old man just lets them be and they leave. Sanji comes and orders and is confused when he eats it but then notices that there is something different about it, and its the salt. The old man used sea salt instead of refined table salt. He mentioned how people are so used to eating crappy food that they can't tell when something really good is in front of them but they usually come back craving for more after a while. Lo and behold, the group comes back apologizing and asking for one more try of his food, praising it for its complexity and flavor. This is not to say you have bad taste or anything, just some food for thought.
Heh.

Moral of the story is and I always wanted to posted it is, people don't know how good SFV is and feel discouraged first time they play it, but after some time away from it, they realize how good it is. First time I played it was the last beta, was extremely frustrated yet excited to keep on playing, it was addicting. Now that I've had time away from it, I've realized how clean and straightforward the gameplay is. Granted, the game might get a little stale, which happens with any competitive game, this is where Capcom will step in with DLC characters to provide more matchups and variety. Give it 2 years and we'll see a bit of a rehaul on the mechanics, like offering multiple V-Triggers and CA's which I think is done purposefully to increase the lifespan of the title.

Did you play the beta for SFV? Its almost like that episode for One Piece when they reach that island and they first meet Franky. Although, later on it goes off to just Sanji traveling and looking for ingredients. He sees a floating ship that serves food and a couple of guys come in and order food. They complain that the food taste bad and lacks flavor, the old man just lets them be and they leave. Sanji comes and orders and is confused when he eats it but then notices that there is something different about it, and its the salt. The old man used sea salt instead of refined table salt. He mentioned how people are so used to eating crappy food that they can't tell when something really good is in front of them but they usually come back craving for more after a while. Lo and behold, the group comes back apologizing and asking for one more try of his food, praising it for its complexity and flavor. This is not to say you have bad taste or anything, just some food for thought.
Heh.

Moral of the story is and I always wanted to posted it is, people don't know how good SFV is and feel discouraged first time they play it, but after some time away from it, they realize how good it is. First time I played it was the last beta, was extremely frustrated yet excited to keep on playing, it was addicting. Now that I've had time away from it, I've realized how clean and straightforward the gameplay is. Granted, the game might get a little stale, which happens with any competitive game, this is where Capcom will step in with DLC characters to provide more matchups and variety. Give it 2 years and we'll see a bit of a rehaul on the mechanics, like offering multiple V-Triggers and CA's which I think is done purposefully to increase the lifespan of the title.
Personally I'd hope for non cinematic CAs and a change to the number of EX bars/CAs a person can build per round. A setup like 6 EX bars and 2 CA bars with a second CA added to each character would be great. I think a lot of people are going to be confused enough as it is between the normal amount of V Reversals, V Triggers and V skills available. Supers are a far more familiar concept for people to grasp.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Personally I'd hope for non cinematic CAs and a change to the number of EX bars/CAs a person can build per round. A setup like 6 EX bars and 2 CA bars with a second CA added to each character would be great. I think a lot of people are going to be confused enough as it is between the normal amount of V Reversals, V Triggers and V skills available. Supers are a far more familiar concept for people to grasp.

Hm, that is interesting, it might be too much of a rehaul to do through patching though. I think having more meter might be a solution but there can be others. I was mentioning to a friend that depending on the number of buttons you press, from 1-3 punches, determines the amount of meter you use for your CA so at least after an EX move you can do a CA, granted with less damage the less meter you have. Its a crazy idea but that's what makes game design fun, trying things and seeing how they end up. On the V stuff, it certainly is a daunting task to simplify everything for the average consumer to understand... We'll see how it all ends up in 1-2 years.

miku

Heh.

Is this in anime only? I don't remember reading something like Sanji looking for ingredients at all, like never even now. Well, the Water 7 arc was like 10 years ago so I probably forgot.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Heh.

i havent played SFV but i'm not really interested in it honestly. i'm glad people seem to really like the game!

vulva

what were some of the best non-english 2015 films you saw? i haven't watched that many aside from the assassin, timbuktu and jauja

I'd say to check out Mountains May Depart, Bleak Street, Cemetery of Splendour and Right Now, Wrong Then.

I also like Journey To The Shore but I wouldn't rush to see it or anything. Also Evolution's I think worth a watch but it's kind of shallow and just more interesting than entertaining.

Oh and obviously Mustang since I was just talking about it.

FACE

Banned

Yes! Those cinematics can die in a fire.

All 1+3 and 2+4 Throws can be broken with either 1 or 2

Thanks. I assume throws like giant swing of whatever still require specific inputs to break.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Is this in anime only? I don't remember reading something like Sanji looking for ingredients at all, like never even now. Well, the Water 7 arc was like 10 years ago so I probably forgot.

It was in the anime that I saw it, he was wandering around town trying to figure out how to make his food taste better. He got some sea salt off the roofs of peoples houses after the waves would finish crashing on them or something among those lines. It was a really interesting piece.

i havent played SFV but i'm not really interested in it honestly. i'm glad people seem to really like the game!

Well you should at least give it a try... :>

Will Chris G finally win EVO? Will Peyton not pull a Daigo?

People are already getting at ChrisG's level, the young bloods will come for his throat. Do you mind streaming a tournament for a day one SFV GAF tournament? I'm interested in doing something like that.

shaowebb

I just woke up from a 26 hour nap... wtf?

My schedule is fucked now xD

I envy the thought of this at the moment .

I'm on nightshift rotation with the flue and just did a 12 hour turnover with my noisy ass neighbors fucking up my 4 hours of sleep.
B1OIfvv.gif

You alright though, man?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I envy the thought of this at the moment .

I'm on nightshift rotation with the flue and just did a 12 hour turnover with my noisy ass neighbors fucking up my 4 hours of sleep.
http://i.imgur.com/B1OIfvv.gif/img]

You alright though, man?[/QUOTE]wow that freaking sucks.

Yeah I'm fine, just had no energy lately. I'm feeling better today.

On another note I wish they tried all this stuff to simplify tekken down a bit with ttt2.

Also sf5 a little over a week away :D

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
seanbkjir.png

bengus why

Seems like he just didnt give a shit or was payed horribly so he did a half assed rushed job.

The "real" story mode comes later anyways. This is pretty much the equivalent of BlazBlue's arcade mode stuff, that still has more effort put into it to look nice than this by a mile, LOL at anyone actually seriously giving a fuck about SF's story beyond oh this is why this is happening in the first place though.

Edit: There are some things in it that are drawn great, but a good chunk of stuff seen so far are pretty bad

Seems like he just didnt give a shit or was payed horribly so he did a half assed rushed job.

The "real" story mode comes later anyways. This is pretty much the equivalent of BlazBlue's arcade mode stuff, that still has more effort put into it to look nice, LOL at anyone actually seriously giving a fuck about SF's story beyond oh this is why this is happening in the first place though.
We need a scene showing Bison's childhood so his underlying motives and psychology come to the fore.

/s

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
We need a scene showing Bison's childhood so his underlying motives and psychology come to the fore.

/s

FU2WbNM.gif

He grew up wishing he was born a pretty girl so he lashed out at the world that rejected who he really was deep down. In a fit of rage after being harassed nonstop he angerly masterbated for the first time and in doing so unlocked his psycho powers slaughtering everyone that harassed him shortly after. Amazed by his new power he decided he should reshape the world so that any man could be the pretty girl they want to be and in order to do this he looked towards WW2 and nazi germany for motivation on how to get started and run something that could take over the world.

wtf did I just write?

FU2WbNM.gif

He grew up wishing he was born a pretty girl so he lashed out at the world that rejected who he really was deep down. In a fit of rage after being harassed nonstop he angerly masterbated for the first time and in doing so unlocked his psycho powers slaughtering everyone that harassed him shortly after. Amazed by his new power he decided he should reshape the world so that any man could be the pretty girl they want to be and in order to do this he looked towards WW2 and nazi germany for motivation on how to get started and run something that could take over the world.

wtf did I just write?

Let it be known: Poison is the real hero

NEO0MJ

https://youtu.be/EtUKkpfSrSU

Posting the final of four videos displaying my struggle against the abominable Sasquatch. Hsien-Ko really benefits from someone knowing all the different ways to Tenrai-Ha. Already watched the vid like three times and I'll definitely apply some of what I learned to future play. Standing light punches/kicks are absolutely necessary, st.HK is too good not to cancel with Tenrai-Ha and ES ice tower is some old bullshit lol. Gonna try to upload some Skullgirls footage before I get burried under my own SFV footage. Getting OBS to give me smooth 60FPS footage that doesn't look like crap (for SG and SFV) might be a bit harder than anything VSav or 3S has thrown at me so far, though.

It's fun watching you play. Almost tempted to jump in myself. Its been so long since I touched Jedah an B.B. Hood.

wtf did I just write?

A reflection of your inner soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom