• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

Been hearing "salty" for over 10 years now. It already happened long ago, but white nerds just caught on recently so everyone is acting like it's new

Tripon

Game Theory has always been filth, not surprised.
One of the funniest things to come out of Game Theory was one of affiliated people (somethingGoomba) got into a twitter argument and tagged Hideki Kamiya in it for some reason, so Kamiya blocked him. He then tried to start a twitter campaign against Kamiya that nobody cared about.

https://youtu.be/EtUKkpfSrSU

Posting the final of four videos displaying my struggle against the abominable Sasquatch. Hsien-Ko really benefits from someone knowing all the different ways to Tenrai-Ha. Already watched the vid like three times and I'll definitely apply some of what I learned to future play. Standing light punches/kicks are absolutely necessary, st.HK is too good not to cancel with Tenrai-Ha and ES ice tower is some old bullshit lol. Gonna try to upload some Skullgirls footage before I get burried under my own SFV footage. Getting OBS to give me smooth 60FPS footage that doesn't look like crap (for SG and SFV) might be a bit harder than anything VSav or 3S has thrown at me so far, though.

that's the cycle, though. Pieces of Black culture filter through into the mainstream and white people immediately ruin it
Hot Topic and car commercials using your niche music means you have made the main stream. When you see mowhawks and NWA hats worn by teenagers it means it's stripped of any context and is a commercial product now.

The inherent problem is that they don't have the time to do any of that. They are probably better off just mashing buttons with someone else at the office and leaving it at that.

It's the same reason why there is no actual dedicated coverage of MMOs or MOBAs or anything you might want to refer as "eSports".

well from what little I read of review sites these days, they're getting people who aren't button mashers to review the games.

has it not been the same for mmos and mobas?

Quesa

I imagine neither of the people in the video will review SFV for IGN. That will probably be Vince, who from what I've heard is legit.

Also, you can't expect two people without the time to grind out combos and timings all day to not mash. In SFV specifically, the windows for most combos are such that mashing kind of increases your chances of landing them in a lot of cases. Not mashing would require a more accurate knowledge of the timings, and this whole feature's for fun anyway.

They're not pros and they're not presenting themselves as such so I'm not sure why it bothers people.

Sorry for double post I goofed

Quesa

well from what little I read of review sites these days, they're getting people who aren't button mashers to review the games.

has it not been the same for mmos and mobas?

It's definitely the trend, yeah. I imagine it's in part caused by freelancers being more incentivized to specialize since staff don't have the time to spend in these genres, and partially because they know that people (like some in this very thread) will rip them apart if they aren't "good enough."

CurlyW

People getting mad at old internet videos again? Did somebody just now discover the clip from 2011 of Chris Hardwick mocking the Combofiend-Marn match again?

Sayah

Some gifs courtesy of grayfox
9s15ezw.gif

j0SJppB.gif

p8jyqpC.gif

MLlmKpP.gif

Tripon

The inherent problem is that they don't have the time to do any of that. They are probably better off just mashing buttons with someone else at the office and leaving it at that.

It's the same reason why there is no actual dedicated coverage of MMOs or MOBAs or anything you might want to refer as "eSports".
You say that, but Brian Altano and Max Scoville literally had Mike Ross and Combofiend sitting behind them. Lesson number 1 should be " hold back to block".

You say that, but Brian Altano and Max Scoville literally had Mike Ross and Combofiend sitting behind them. Lesson number 1 should be " hold back to block".

Oh, I had no idea. Thanks for the context.

Still think that in that format it's more important that they enjoy their time with the game over "not mashing" or "blocking" or the implied "playing it correctly" that might or might not be there.

Oh, I had no idea. Thanks for the context.

Still think that in that format it's more important that they enjoy their time with the game over "not mashing" or "blocking" or the implied "playing it correctly" that might or might not be there.

I figure it's more an issue of game sites struggling to find content that's appealing to people while also making money. Now they're all just weird Frankenstein monsters of generic youtubers and clickbait blogs, and people like the FGC only give a shit when they have some grievance with a piece of ill-conceived content on a website full of ill-conceived content. Can't be worse than Cross Assault, though.

Wallach

My Xbox One Hitbox arrived today. Funny thing is I guess these ones are made in China instead of here in the US, but it actually came in real packaging compared to the other ones I have. The PS3/PS4 ones I got were just bubble-wrapped basically whereas this has a proper box with a handle and such.

Checking it out on Windows 10 it seems to get recognized as a stock Xbox One controller, but there doesn't seem to be any issues registering LT/RT like on some other Xbox One sticks folks have reported. USF4 and KOF 2002 on PC registers all 8 buttons fine. The menu buttons on the top are also different than my PS3 or PS4 Hitboxes in that they are much stiffer buttons (maybe ~45g switches); does Sanwa actually make a switch that stiff? Not sure those are actually Sanwas, but the face buttons seem to be.

So I guess if you were looking for a new Hitbox for PC usage and don't care about PS4 support, I'd go with the Xbox One version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom