• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warxard

Banned
Do people really have the spite to possibly boycott SFV for the next 10 years because the launch next week will not feature everything the game will have in the next few months? Might as well throw the towel and accomplish real world,non-gaming related things.

These are the same people who can't throw a fireball in a fighting game

who cares

When someone says this on GAF, 99.99999% of the time they are lying.=

I'm honored to be part of the .00001% then.

notworksafe

Do people really have the spite to possibly boycott SFV for the next 10 years because the launch next week will not feature everything the game will have in the next few months? Might as well throw the towel and accomplish real world,non-gaming related things.
i got plenty of spite and a large backlog. like i said, i'll stream day one for the maxcpm and then play something worthwhile after that

convo

What is with your exaggerations? A few people on the internet cancelling pre orders and the media don't what the media does is nothing unusual. If things to SFxT levels of bad then we can start freaking out.

Nah but when i think about the shenanigans of the launch and when Reviews hit,i think how actually none of that drama will matter when the game is in full swing. All drama is useless in the long run. Won't stop stupid threads to pop up but i will not let it get to me .

Beckx

i can't cancel my preorder so instead ill just ignore the trash. if i could cancel it i would no question. would rather have $45 back than stream views.

shoulda gone steam for the refund, digital PSN pre-orders are the worst. like literally I feel like the machine is just smirking at me daring me to burn my money with a pre-order on it.

What does a console game have to do with arcades?
He hates waiting in lines to play games. He's a scrub. When scrubs go to arcades all they do is stand in line for hours cause they're not good enough to win and stay on. Therefore it's a good thing he's always been part of team NAH, cause he would have hated waiting in line at an arcade. You understand? It's a really simple concept that should have been easy to understand.

Line_HTX

Finally watched the trailer. This new theme is great. It feels like turning the page into a new tomorrow.

This theme is better than that complete Shiet called Indestructible.

FloatOn

from the steam thread...

I'd like to kindly bring your attention to

header.jpg

remember the fighting games on neo geo pocket color?

Sure you do.

This game is in early access but it deserves your attention. I realize I'm being a shill right now but I promise you I am in no way affiliated with the developers of this game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/389050/?snr=1_7_15__13

ss_b00ddfcaf68d63421bcf6c0ffa47eed4394441d5.600x338.jpg

they have planned guest characters from divekick and nidhogg + more

too hype man

notworksafe

shoulda gone steam for the refund, digital PSN pre-orders are the worst. like literally I feel like the machine is just smirking at me daring me to burn my money with a pre-order on it.

i figured i'd go GMG for the 25% off but that ended up screwing me i think. can't get a refund on steam for a game i bought at an online store.

was able to get psn to refund me after a mix of threats and begging

That's sounds alright if fighting games aren't that big a deal for you.

fighting games are a big deal to me but i already have CVS2 & MVC2 on arcade and a working copy of Fightcade so I can play the good fighers

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What use to crack me up back in the day people use to pay good players to beat the game for them. Like what the hell.

Skilletor

He hates waiting in lines to play games. He's a scrub. When scrubs go to arcades all they do is stand in line for hours cause they're not good enough to win and stay on. Therefore it's a good thing he's always been part of team NAH, cause he would have hated waiting in line at an arcade. You understand? It's a really simple concept that should have been easy to understand.

You should stop talking like you know anything at all about me.

What is NAH?

All these acronyms I don't know.

Beckx

What use to crack me up back in the day people use to pay good players to beat the game for them. Like what the hell.

Can't you do that now with share play or did that feature get killed? I feel like that was part of a big Sony E3 or something (your friend taking over to beat a hard section for you). Sony bringing back the lameness of yesterday to live on in the future.

shaowebb

from the steam thread...

I'd like to kindly bring your attention to

header.jpg

remember the fighting games on neo geo pocket color?

Sure you do.

This game is in early access but it deserves your attention. I realize I'm being a shill right now but I promise you I am in no way affiliated with the developers of this game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/389050/?snr=1_7_15__13

ss_b00ddfcaf68d63421bcf6c0ffa47eed4394441d5.600x338.jpg

they have planned guest characters from divekick and nidhogg + more

too hype man

I know this game! If you watch the system mechanic video online you find its actually pretty damned deep. Really good stuff is likely to be enjoyed in this game. So exciting to hear its coming through the pipeline to early access now!

Line_HTX

Man, what is going on here... It's like they're having a mass exodus or something...

I still have faith in Markman and the new sticks though!

Yeah i get it, people will have fun with plenty of other fighters, i got my sights on BB Central Fiction and Guilty Gear, but SFV is a big deal for the FGC which i follow a lot. It's the new thing i can't ignore.
It being a big deal though is pretty irrelevant. Of you really need to play something just because it's the main attraction sure whatever, but I play weekly get together and travel for tournaments and I'm still only going to play what's fun, not what's big

CO_Andy

arcade sticks > plastic instruments

MadCatz will probably narrow their focus to fighting games, although without a visionary and enthusiast like MarkMan it's going to be a bumpy road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom