• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Get good in Destiny Shinblanka.

ltzhWld.png

some people on gaf ordered xenoblade x during e3 for 30% off, there was a temporary price error after which brought it down to 20$ before the discount so some people got the game for like 14 bucks plus tax on launch.
I'd be so mad if I paid any more for that game too.

That game is amazing, actually. Probably my 2015 GOTY. But then I fell hard for it, excusing its almost nonexistent story.

Actually it's garbage, if we are treating opinions as facts. I'd write a long post about why I think it's bad, but that would be wasting more time on it. It's something I would definitely regret.

Does this mean the game is light in cutscene garbage? I might actually go for it if that's the case.
There are cutscenes but considering the overall time you spend with the game, yeah the entire run time of the cutscenes is very small.

xenoblade has garbage somehow worse than MMO questing taking up most of the content and awful combat with braindead AI dictating the majority of the fight. Exploring the world in XCX is cool, and the story in XC is alright

Beckx

Does this mean the game is light in cutscene garbage? I might actually go for it if that's the case.

It is not cutscene light.

You know how in Dragon Age: Origins the story seemed to be something that happened to the other characters and your main character was just kind of there? That's kind of XCX.

Beckx

Destiny's shooting game is truth though, and Taken King was finally a return to classic bungie "story as context for action" design.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I wouldn't be playing the game if it weren't for the game play and that's what counts most. Content is barebones though if you are a hardcore player. Every now and then I run into FGC folks in it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Today they added a mode where there is some mechanic like Xfactor. If your team mate dies you turn red and everything gets a boost. MAHVEL!

Watched the whole video right after you posted and had a good laugh. I personally have no idea what to do against Stun Gun. Just gonna EX flash chop or jump back and pray. Not surprised that Elena was the only one to give him a tough time. I personally hate that match up.
Famitsu review says SFV has little single player content, rip trash game
oh shit
Alex is the first DLC character and PS3 sticks work? whew
YES
Alex premiere tonight @ Capcom Floe Talk?
YAAAAS
No spectator mode at launch lmao

they should've just delayed this shit one year
NOOOOOO
No spectator mode, we vanilla MvC3? That makes me think lobbies won't be available at launch.
Capcom taking us back to 2011. They are going to get ROASTED by the media and gamers.
So someone on r/StreetFighter got their hands on a copy of Street Fighter V and LOBBIES ARE IN THE GAME. Can't believe there was even doubt.

Apparently there's a ft3,ft5 and ft10 format available.

Source.
Cool
you can't spectate matches in lobbies? what the fuck capcom, that shit is unacceptable.
What else are people going to play? Skullgirls, Xrd or UNIEL? LOL
Lets dispel this notion that Capcom doesn't know what it's doing, Capcom knows exactly what it's doing.
They're trying to take us back to 2011.
just like MvC3 - watch the character portraits and imagine the fight in your head, lol
fuck
After SFIV and Marvel vs Capcom 3, the cutbacks should come as a surprise to no one.
I expect lobbies in my 2016 AAA fighting game. I get the small roster and even stuff like no changeable delay pre-fight or numbered pings, but spectator mode is the most basic of stuff here.
From what I heard : no rematch button on versus offline, no button check on select screen and no VS CPU mode. Learned a lot of other things but can't talk, NDA. I don't know who was joking about bare bones fighting 5 but it might not be a joke after all.
The "barebones" label is so going to stick to Capcom for this.
It's kind of fucked how much is missing out of the game, honestly with all of the silence about lobbies I half expected there to be no lobby functionality at all, so at least I was wrong on that count.

I don't play offline much at all (might change since I learned I live about 15mins away from Wednesday Night Fights), so the rematch button missing doesn't bother me that much. But the no spectating thing is pretty killer. I like to join lobbies with streamers and now I wont even be able to see the match at all unless either I or the streamer are in the match. That's pretty balls.

I'm still excited though, like others were saying I'd rather have it in this state than suffer a delay. The hype is too damn high.
Sometimes a delay is better. At least the game seems to have a rematch button.
All those jokes about ASW and Lab Zero doing ten times the work of Capcom with 1/10 of the staff count suddenly feels all too real
This is surreal lol.
Overreacting. This isn't MKX
I don't know about that. Only the PC version of MKX was fucked for people. I expect a lot of PS4 peeps to make a big stink about these issues.
hopefully they won't charge for lobby spectating 9 months from now
I'm giving Capcom once last chance because I'm probably preordering for the discount and Alex, but if they fuck this up I won't pre order CvC even if Hsien-Ko is top tier day 1 in it.
SFV is going to get grilled when the reviews finally drop
Best believe
lmao the Karin introduction says why play R.Mika
Nooooo

Karin and Mika gotta stay strong together as alpha ladies. They can shit on Laura tho.
"world's on fire" aka the story of capcom's matchmaking servers
LOL
you figure they would have learned something from their previous games and put in match spectating or button config at character select too but i guess not. glad to see all the dlc and other money making plans are full go though, priorities are in order.

regretting my preorder on this one for sure
Capcom learned from MvC3 that we'll line up for their properties no matter how dookie the proposition. The one problem is On disc DLC which will kill even their unannounced projects if they aren't careful. :O
Yeah, we all bitch and moan about how shit the game is but the game is going to do well commercially and probably critically too.

This is gonna be a great year for tournaments.
LOL

It's going to get dragged over the coals. We'll see how it does commercially. If we get a season 2 with Makoto and Q I can live with whatever happens or doesn't happen afterwards.

Tripon

There is a reason why the main character is a blank slate in Xenoblade X.

not stated outright, but he's basically the personification of the planet Mira borrowing a body and he's there as a guide and subtly shaping the races to suits its own needs. My 2 cents anyway.

ShinMaruku

not stated outright, but he's basically the personification of the planet Mira borrowing a body and he's there as a guide and subtly shaping the races to suits its own needs. My 2 cents anyway.
Elma is voiced by Cammy's voice actress
And she's a hawt space elf that does not wear much.

Beckx

well, that and Monolith not having the time/budget to do a fully on voice protagonist story.

I hate waiting in line to play a game.

Xrd lobbies the best.
Xrd lobbies are great, but also like having the casual public lobbies that P4A and BB have. BB player lobbies also support pairing everyone (good for getting everyone playing) and lined lobbies (good for streams). P4A probably had that but I mainly used the arcade lobby there

convo

Wow @ all those quotes man.

Lol all this shit because people can't handle post-launch content. Splatoon manged to be a success on WIIU because new content was added for free constantly and those huge updates were advertised on TV too. Are these concepts too strong for fighting game fans to grasp?

Lol all this shit because people can't handle post-launch content. Splatoon manged to be a success on WIIU because new content was added for free constantly and those huge updates were advertised on TV too. Are these concepts too strong for fighting game fans to grasp?
Splatoon was nothing but frustration

Heres 4 whole maps at launch, dont get tired of them! Dont worry though, even if it was already high chance you will get tired of it, we've even limited it to a max of two maps at a time! Even once we've released all the maps you can be damn sure we are still restricting it to two GODDAMN MAPS PER 4 HOURS

fuck that game, I cant believe they would fuck up such great gameplay with the worst online integration possibly ever

Warxard

Banned

Splatoon's audience is likely going to be much bigger than SFV.

convo

Heres 4 whole maps at launch, dont get tired of them! Dont worry though, even if it was already high chance you will get tired of it, we've even limited it to a max of two maps at a time! Even once we've released all the maps you can be damn sure we are still restricting it to two GODDAMN MAPS PER 4 HOURS

fuck that game, I cant believe they would fuck up such great gameplay with the worst online integration possibly ever

Not the type to power through things at launch personally. But i can't even list the new shit that has been added to that game up to this point. Well too bad i guess, the people with patience or anyone buying the game months later are probably happier than you want to.

Skilletor

Good thing you've never been to an arcade.

Useless as always, ZtS. Good shit.

I know right? Waiting in line at the arcade to play your console version at home. What?

He seems to have something against me and is always saying stupid shit to me. I try to ignore him. :)

But yeah, I try to only play with a couple other people at most. I prefer long sets when I get online, unless I'm playing with a few of friends. My time is finite, so when I get online, I want to play, not watch.

What other big online multiplayer games were there on Wii U besides MK8 and Sm4sh? It was a good multiplayer game among the few so it did well.

You can't believe Nintendo of all game companies would have terrible online integration? They've been fighting that wave for a decade lol.
Splatoon's audience is likely going to be much bigger than SFV.
ouch

convo

Do people really have the spite to possibly boycott SFV for the next 10 years because the launch next week will not feature everything the game will have in the next few months? Might as well throw the towel and accomplish real world,non-gaming related things.

CO_Andy

Splatoon's gameplay is really fresh and inventive, so i can see why folks gave it a pass. Personally i didn't have too many problems with the online.

Do people really have the spite to possibly boycott SFV for the next 10 years because the launch next week will not feature everything the game will have in the next few months? Might as well throw the towel and accomplish real world,non-gaming related things.
What is with your exaggerations? A few people on the internet cancelling pre orders and the media doing what the media does is nothing unusual. If things are SFxT levels of bad then we can start freaking out.

Warxard

Banned
When someone says this on GAF, a puppy finds its way back home.

shid if i do it

I don't know, XCOM2 looks good and I feel a bit more comfortable buying that, and just waiting for a month to pick it up on Steam.

I'm just one nigga, SFV's gonna get it's money

Dahbomb

Well the last part is always a great option however I think people can possibly benefit from waiting a bit before purchasing a game.

You do not have to buy a game day 1 just because it's called Street Fighter. You can buy it next week especially if you plan to play casually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom