• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
So OP (overpowered) is the same as OD (overdose) in the context used?

Justin said "Karin's sweep and standing short is OD!"

Also saying "GG" when you lost and lost badly.
85048659.jpg

ShinMaruku

Justin spent far too much time in the NY scene. But in that context OD could mean insane, crazy. But OD just means Over Dose.

But in the NYC vernacular it has different meaning. Really NYC and London slang is something special.

Well when this happens once people start to wonder how many times has it happened already. Most users here aren't mods so they don't know the background info of other users.

The posting pattern of Deckard Cain was very similar to yours. Similar choice in games (ie. hated most games), similar usage of words, similar confrontational posts.

No offense dude but I don't care if I remind you guys of some shit poster from your past. It's not my problem. I didn't come back for FGCWeekly I came back for TekkenGAF. You guys need to lighten up.

Skilletor

No offense dude but I don't care if I remind you guys of some shit poster from your past. It's not my problem. I didn't come back for FGCWeekly I came back for TekkenGAF. You guys need to lighten up.

This "no offense" actually made me laugh out loud given all the other shit you say. hahahahahaha

So OP (overpowered) is the same as OD (overdose) in the context used?

Justin said "Karin's sweep and standing short is OD!"

Also saying "GG" when you lost and lost badly.
85048659.jpg
This is me sometimes in 3S fightcade. Fuckers shit on me and can't even give me a courtesy GG after I GG them. Fuck that shit.

dem bgs...

"No offense but IDC if I remind you of an old shit poster. I'm the new shitposter in town, deal with it"

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

Think Izuna is from Europe. Playing SF4 with someone on the other side of an ocean will make anyone salty. Justified.

I remember when that same dude posted for months on end about how much of a jerk he thinks F-word is and how his Ibuki is soooooo much better than F-word's tho.

notworksafe

Think Izuna is from Europe. Playing SF4 with someone on the other side of an ocean will make anyone salty. Justified.

I remember when that same dude posted for months on end about how much of a jerk he thinks F-word is and how his Ibuki is soooooo much better than F-word's tho.
lol @ epeen comparing with idooki, the most flowchart character in SF4

and yeah, he lives in europe but iirc plays in the USA region & has a USA flag so ofc the matchups will be ass

Beckx

Remember when Deckard Cain explained that he didn't care about anyone here, he was a nice person in real life, and we'd all have to deal with it?

Good times.

Keyboard actually works amazingly well for fighting games if you can develop the muscle memory in your fingers for the motions.

essentially just a hitbox surrounded by a bunch of other buttons

notworksafe

Also Fragment, I think he wanted to fight F-Word irl or F-Word wanted to fight him. I don't remember now other than it was a mix of cringe and hilarity at the time.

Keyboard actually works amazingly well for fighting games if you can develop the muscle memory in your fingers for the motions.

Depends on how comfortable you are with a keyboard now!

Trying to be the next Gamerbee

I used to do XvSF and MvC1 infinites on keyboard... so pretty well actually. It's basically the same thing as playing with a hitbox

I actually just remembered that I used to play a crap ton of MUGEN on my old PC with just the keyboard. It's been so long that I almost forgot about it completely.

I anyone else getting it on PC? I was thinking of getting it on PS4 just because I do that will all the fighters I have but now that I have a new PC it's a viable option for new games now.

Probably person to person, but my hands cramp when I play games on a keyboard.

I think the most I get is a sore wrist when I play too much twitch FPS/League/Dota2.

Controller based stuff I think I can go forever on without hand problems. I guess I'm lucky in that department.

Also Fragment, I think he wanted to fight F-Word irl or F-Word wanted to fight him. I don't remember now other than it was a mix of cringe and hilarity at the time.

First off I think he was British. But anyways they played a bunch and Izuna uploaded a bunch of their matches. It was very lopsided in favor of Izuna. According to F-Word it probably wasn't as lopsided as it looked. Izuna went to the local in London and they played a FT5, I remember because I was actually watching it live. F-Word won 5-1 and then popped off on Izuna saying if he wants to upload the one win only then he can do so. And despite winning pretty easily you can tell he was still pretty mad about whatever occured from before between the two of them.

So I don't think it ever got as far as them fighting IRL, but F-Word felt like Izuna was trying to make him look bad or something. I remember discussing it with him in one of the old SF4 OT's, but I don't remember the details.

Kumubou

Two random things that with the pending release of SF5 I am pretty sure only I care about:

Nitro+ Blasterz got another balance update, mainly to adjust the characters that were added to the console versions. It also looks like there were some adjustments with the top and bottom characters. No idea if/when it comes to console -- probably has to go through through certification, if nothing else.

You want a game that will help teach you fundamentals and how to deal with obnoxious grapplers to get ready for SF5? Aquapazza is on sale on PSN right now for under $10. I would say that you should play it because it's a good game... but I know nobody's going to give a damn about anything else in a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom