• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryu is a fictional character but in the FGC KBR is the closest to what Ryu stands for. Giving up practical likelihood to travel around the world fighting the best to perfect his art in order to be the best.

Ryu irl wouldn't survive unless he mooched off of someone or got some pocket money from Ken. And in doing so he probably would've ticked some people off. But you know... fictional fighting game characters are 2D caricatures defined by a couple of traits. It's easy to prop up Ryu as an ideology but actually following up on it is another thing entirely.

Ryu carries around a sack of money though. We already discussed this in a previous SF4 thread.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Sonic fox is what all new fighting game players should aim for, kid is a monster.

[–]SonicFox5000 71 points 11 months ago
Quick post then I am going to A F K 1. I just play games because I enjoy them. I don't exactly care about payout and when other games have more money, kudos to them. That doesn't mean I have to go play it. I will only play games that I find fun! And thats why I goto tournaments. I enjoy the people and the games I play those people with. I am part of multiple different scene, not just NRS. Whether you like that or not is COMPLETELY up to you. I don't care if you think I am good or bad, ill play anybody/ chill with anybody ever whenever they want to.

He's good because he likes what he plays, liking what you play motivates you to play more.

Dahbomb

Ryu carries around a sack of money though. We already discussed this in a previous SF4 thread.
I know this I am saying that winning fighting game events isn't enough to sustain yourself. Ryu lives in a fictional world where you get a lot of money for winning actual fights, KBR does not. Some events have pay out that don't even pay enough for the plane ticket there.

I didn't actually watch all the episodes, so I don't understand it yet.

Why is he Griffith?

he is a benevolent figure who realized the only way to save the FGC....is by destroying it and starting anew

griffith_in_berserk_by_garaktob-d5eia7g.jpg

is this not the face of someone who only has everyone's best interests in his endeavors?

Astarte

Sonic fox is what all new fighting game players should aim for, kid is a monster.

Should they also becomes furries? That community gives him a strength and fury unbeknownst to outsiders that cannot be matched by anyone who doesn't have a tail.
Like for real that dude's got superpowers.

Dahbomb

KBR is probably more similar to Birdie if Birdie won a big tournament.

I didn't actually watch all the episodes, so I don't understand it yet.

Why is he Griffith?
He thinks Empire Arcadia is his Band of the Hawks and he himself is charismatic like Griffith.

He also doesn't seem to realize that Griffith is a villainous piece of garbage who rapes and let's his friends out to die for his sake. Triforce also admits to having sex with old men in order to get what he wants.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Should they also becomes furries? That community gives him a strength and fury unbeknownst to outsiders that cannot be matched by anyone who doesn't have a tail.
Like for real that dude's got superpowers.

LOOOOOOOL Only if they are into that culture, his IDGAF I like this stuff attitude is a small bit of why he's good at getting into fighters.

mbpm1

He thinks Empire Arcadia is his Band of the Hawks and he himself is charismatic like Griffith.

He also doesn't seem to realize that Griffith is a villainous piece of garbage who rapes and let's his friends out to die for his sake.

hey, that's only post-eclipse Griffith

right?

Dahbomb

hey, that's only post-eclipse Griffith

right?
It's the same person and Griffith was a scumbag before the Eclipse as well. Dude assassinated people who didn't agree with him and had little girls kidnapped for blackmail purposes.

The more that I think about it, the more Triforce might in fact be Griffith from the view of other FGC players (minus the actual killing and sex of courdw).

Line_HTX

he is a benevolent figure who realized the only way to save the FGC....is by destroying it and starting anew

is this not the face of someone who only has everyone's best interests in his endeavors?

Seems legit, wanting to build it from the ground up again.

He also doesn't seem to realize that Griffith is a villainous piece of garbage who rapes and let's his friends out to die for his sake. Triforce also admits to having sex with old men in order to get what he wants.

Jesus, that is worse than I envisioned. Man, the delusions can only take somebody so far, triGiggle

MrDaravon

Been doing other stuff, anything particularly interesting or noteworthy come out of the show? Twitter seems to indicate Triforce's stuff is par for the course, but people seem to be going IN on KBR, and something about donations?

Dahbomb

Been doing other stuff, anything particularly interesting or noteworthy come out of the show? Twitter seems to indicate Triforce's stuff is par for the course, but people seem to be going IN on KBR, and something about donations?
There was a show that aired featuring Triforce and KBR. Don't know what Triforce said but KBR compared himself to Ryu and said people like Ryu but not him (something like that).

Mizerman

...Uh huh.

MrDaravon

There was a show that aired featuring Triforce and KBR. Don't know what Triforce said but KBR compared himself to Ryu and said people like Ryu but not him (something like that).

Right, the DOT show is what I was referring to. Just curious why people seemed to be blowing up KBR, Justin tweeted out something about a question he asked on the show (?) and something about a donation, then I also see FChamp apparently called in and Flux also had some very....not nice words to say about KBR. Wasn't sure if some specific thing had come to light or not.

Man FChamp is going to completely destroy KBR in their MM isn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom