• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumubou

Oh, so Sonico's drummer calls really were air-unblockable. I thought I was just an idiot.
Yeah, the drummer being air unblockable was pretty ???. That and I remember I tried air shielding Homura's level 3 after eating it as an anti-air a bunch of times and I figured my timing was just ass. It turns out you just can't do it at all before the patch!

peter0611

he accused people of being hypocrites for viewing ryu as an iconic character but looking down on kbr's lifestyle. even if they are both two bums wandering the world to fight and get stronger.

or... you can think of it as an elaborate attempt to call kbr a bum while pretending to defend him. :D

he accused people of being hypocrites for viewing ryu as an iconic character but looking down on kbr's lifestyle. even if they are both two bums wandering the world to fight and get stronger.

or... you can think of it as an elaborate attempt to call kbr a bum while pretending to defend him. :D

probably more the latter than the former

fader

Yes, Daigo worked for a living before he went Pro.

he was talking about competitively. He said he feels Daigo was top tier when he first started playing. Which is true since Daigo was one of the youngest people to win a Japan tournament in SF2.

Sheroking

irl ryu would be an insufferable leech who would alienate everyone around him over time. oh wait, this is all making sense now

IRL Ryu has a millionaire best friend and sleeps outside in barns and shit. KBR would live in Ken's guest house.

When KBR gets off the couch and spends some nights wandering barefoot through forests, I'll respect him more.

CurlyW

Is NAH some shit like CORN? Some of these things are almost as silly as the term dp.

CORN is/was a crew of players from the Detroit area. (Kinda like how Arizona players used to be tagged hAZ.) The head of CORN was Adonis (aka Across the Gates or ATG) and the crew included Alucard, JDM, Sethlolol, Footwurk, A.X.I.S., AlmightyLPZ, among others. The team kinda doesn't really exist anymore because Alucard and Adonis were picked up by Flipsid3 Tactics, and Footwurk was picked up by Critical Reactions.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

There's my yearly contribution to the thread. See you all next year.

*thumbs up emoji*

Dahbomb

Ryu is a fictional character but in the FGC KBR is the closest to what Ryu stands for. Giving up practical likelihood to travel around the world fighting the best to perfect his art in order to be the best.

Ryu irl wouldn't survive unless he mooched off of someone or got some pocket money from Ken. And in doing so he probably would've ticked some people off. But you know... fictional fighting game characters are 2D caricatures defined by a couple of traits. It's easy to prop up Ryu as an ideology but actually following up on it is another thing entirely.

Ryu is a fictional character but in the FGC KBR is the closest to what Ryu stands for. Giving up practical likelihood to travel around the world fighting the best to perfect his art in order to be the best.

Ryu irl wouldn't survive unless he mooched off of someone or got some pocket money from Ken. And in doing so he probably would've ticked some people off. But you know... fictional fighting game characters are 2D caricatures defined by a couple of traits. It's easy to prop up Ryu as an ideology but actually following up on it is another thing entirely.

but ryu makes mad money doe...

Dahbomb

But Ryu wins fight money
And so does/did KBR but fight money isn't enough to have steady lodging or food on the table. That's why this romantical notion of world warrior is just that.

For fighting games that is. I am sure irl Ryu for UFC might work but that has its own challenges.

mbpm1

And so does/did KBR but fight money isn't enough to have steady lodging or food on the table. That's why this romantical notion of world warrior is just that.

I feel like I should quote this out of context to an SFV dev down the line for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom