• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horseress

There are ten global premier events and four spots from the regional qualifiers, so I think they forgot to put CEO and EVO on that list

DRE Fei

Maybe Mike Ross will turn heel this year? It could breathe new life into the business. No, he's probably selling too much merch for Vince to be ok with it

tumblr_msmds3aadY1qko5wdo1_250.gif

Dahbomb

Is there some restriction to these ranking events or can anyone just go there?

Because it would be beneficial to a lot of players to go to some of these Latin American places and acquire some regional points.

mbpm1

Because it would be beneficial to a lot of players to go to some of these Latin American places and acquire some regional points.

Hasn't this year shown that people can go to most anywhere?

Line_HTX

Nice, I was confused for a moment why CEO wasn't on there.

Hype mic blowouts, lol. Those are the best when the sound cuts out because they're screaming so loudly.

No more traveling outside of your region for easy points anymore. Either you win the tournament or you have to keep going to make it count. This might discourage less internationals at ranking events but it guarantees more international presence at Capcom Cup whether people think the best players are there or not. I do believe that will be true to a degree, but I think it's a nice experiment by Capcom to try and include more international presence.

mbpm1

Nice, I was confused for a moment why CEO wasn't on there.

Hype mic blowouts, lol. Those are the best when the sound cuts out because they're screaming so loudly.

It's like when someone gets near an explosion in a movie and they only hear a ringing in their ears and everything's in slow-mo

No more traveling outside of your region for easy points anymore. Either you win the tournament or you have to keep going to make it count. This might discourage less internationals at ranking events but it guarantees more international presence at Capcom Cup whether people think the best players are there or not. I do believe that will be true to a degree, but I think it's a nice experiment by Capcom to try and include more international presence.

No travelling? I think they should restrict that for Qualifying events instead

More internationals is always good

Shouta

You have to travel a lot more than before because of the Regional Qualifier. There's more chances to qualify though as a trade off. Even if you lose the RQ, if you have enough points, you can get in through one of the point slots.

pixelish

hmm prize structure is the same as last year's. i wonder if there'll be a crowdfunded pot bonus for any of the premier events this year.

Bizazedo

Kind of.

It's like two point columns. One regional and one global. If you win 20 pts in NA and 10 in Latin America, you have 30 global points....but only 20 for NA and 10 for LA.

I think.

kirblar

It's set up in a way that discourages international travel for the regional events. You need to spike one if you're an outsider to get on a regional CPT.

Dahbomb

Kind of.

It's like two point columns. One regional and one global. If you win 20 pts in NA and 10 in Latin America, you have 30 global points....but only 20 for NA and 10 for LA.

I think.
That makes more sense.

It still gives incentive for international players to farm a specific region (like let's say Tokido just enters all the Latin American tournaments and gets the highest region points for Latin America to get into Capcom Cup).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom